The on topic thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
And because Sunderland didn't have the level of creative control because they were more desperate for money. 9 eps or our season delivered 1 or 2 genuine can't look away moments

Rose meeting with Mourinho
Son cracking it over the Dier tackle

I didn't think the Sunderland documentary was hugely revealing, apart from showing Grayson being sacked which was covered by the press at the time anyway.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I didn't think the Sunderland documentary was hugely revealing, apart from showing Grayson being sacked which was covered by the press at the time anyway.
I thought sunderland showed player-club and club-player frustrations in a decent way. Still would have been a cleaner view than real life. Got none of that here. Fan-club frustrations too. Again none of that.

Avoided any topic that might cause any friction for enic and spurs this time around.

Glossed over the sacking, avoided the son tackle on gomes, glossed over the poor run of form, avoided the calling out of Ndombele by Mourinho, avoided the pen shootout heartache for youngsters Parrot and Gedson, avoided the meeting between players and the chairmen over reversing the furlough and had the audacity to show the stadium being rented out to the NHS.

I thought sunderland showed player-club and club-player frustrations in a decent way. Still would have been a cleaner view than real life. Got none of that here. Fan-club frustrations too. Again none of that.

Avoided any topic that might cause any friction for enic and spurs this time around.

Glossed over the sacking, avoided the son tackle on gomes, glossed over the poor run of form, avoided the calling out of Ndombele by Mourinho, avoided the pen shootout heartache for youngsters Parrot and Gedson, avoided the meeting between players and the chairmen over reversing the furlough and had the audacity to show the stadium being rented out to the NHS.

I don't know why you were expecting them to show things openly critical of Spurs.

The Sunderland one was pretty glossy too by the way. Again, I think you're viewing that one differently because it's not your club and they got relegated so automatically had to show more 'negative' games. They couldn't just say "And the season ended and nothing bad happened".

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I don't know why you were expecting them to show things openly critical of Spurs.

The Sunderland one was pretty glossy too by the way. Again, I think you're viewing that one differently because it's not your club and they got relegated so automatically had to show more 'negative' games. They couldn't just say "And the season ended and nothing bad happened".
There's just no content other than rose meeting with jose that's memorable weeks later at all really. Would go back and watch the Sunderland two series again for the drama. Spurs missing top 4 is the equivalent of a Sunderland relegation and there was more than enough drama to capture, they just chose not to.

Out of interest what parts did you find were must watch?

There's just no content other than rose meeting with jose that's memorable weeks later at all really. Would go back and watch the Sunderland two series again for the drama. Spurs missing top 4 is the equivalent of a Sunderland relegation and there was more than enough drama to capture, they just chose not to.

Out of interest what parts did you find were must watch?

I haven't watched a single football documentary that is must watch, I think you're expecting more out of these things than I am.

It's a documentary not a scripted series, of course Sunderland's is more interesting because they got relegated, and City's because they won the title (although that one was still pretty bland in the context of the other series' given how little stakes there were).

Our resident ENIC out nuffie wanted more on poch. Wanted to see the meeting where they discussed furloughing...

I too enjoyed it.

To expect to see such sensitive conversations in a documentary series is pretty naive.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Our resident ENIC out nuffie wanted more on poch. Wanted to see the meeting where they discussed furloughing...

I too enjoyed it.
I enjoyed it but was left wanting more. One memorable moment from nearly 9 hours. Sounds like our football on the pitch ;)

Solid 6 out of 10 show but not binge worthy

I thought the parts with Winks, Tanganga and Bergwyn were pretty interesting and more what I was after from something like that, getting insights into and from the players themselves. The Rose back and forth was great too.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
To expect to see such sensitive conversations in a documentary series is pretty naive.
It was never going to happen. But the way they built it up as unprecedented access etc. they needed to deliver more than 1 brutal moment in 9 eps.

I thought the parts with Winks, Tanganga and Bergwyn were pretty interesting and more what I was after from something like that, getting insights into and from the players themselves. The Rose back and forth was great too.
I can't remember the winks part. Tanganga was a nice heart warming piece and for a neutral would be interesting, but that sort of thing is all over the club's socials. Same too with the most of the Bergwijn parts. The ins and outs of the transfer itself would have been the cherry on top for his part.

Again those 2 parts I remember now you mention them were enjoyable but not amazing television viewing. The shows perfectly okay. But hardly fly on the wall gripping viewing like Amazon/Spurs marketing teams would like people to believe

I enjoyed it but was left wanting more. One memorable moment from nearly 9 hours. Sounds like our football on the pitch ;)

Solid 6 out of 10 show but not binge worthy
This has been explained to you before. They were never going to go in depth into the sacking and what led up to it, he was sacked in November and Amazon cameramen didn’t get access to the club until October. An article in Forbes this morning claims Pochettino was dead against the documentary and viewed the £10m we got for the series to not be worth breaking his sacred secret bond with his players. He wanted nothing shared.

They were never going to discuss furloughing, as we reneged anyway and who gives a s**t frankly. It isn’t exactly great TV.

Two kids missing pens. Really?? It wasn’t the story from that night. Dier ran into the crowd like a mad man, of course that was going to be raised. Oh and they focused heavily on Vorm and his mindset before and after the game, given his error led to ET and penalties, and ultimately knock out.

You’re just salty a couple of things that’d give you more ammo in the quest to bash ENIC weren’t raised.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I did hear Spurs had more control over what could be shown but I understand they aren’t going to show Mourinhos tactics (would have loved to have seen more) or really intimate moments that could have affected the club.

Sunderlands seems much better because it’s bloody sad. It feels like there’s more weight behind the relegations and how that has an affect across the board.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
It was never going to happen. But the way they built it up as unprecedented access etc. they needed to deliver more than 1 brutal moment in 9 eps.

I can't remember the winks part. Tanganga was a nice heart warming piece and for a neutral would be interesting, but that sort of thing is all over the club's socials. Same too with the most of the Bergwijn parts. The ins and outs of the transfer itself would have been the cherry on top for his part.

Again those 2 parts I remember now you mention them were enjoyable but not amazing television viewing. The shows perfectly okay. But hardly fly on the wall gripping viewing like Amazon/Spurs marketing teams would like people to believe
To be fair, these Docos are probably to entice new fans over more so than existing fans in my opinion.

Sorry I don't follow your club's socials so I hadn't seen that.

I also find the nuffies on twitter moaning that they didn't get in-depth insight into Mourinho's tactical set up laughable. Did they really expect Spurs to detail how they set up under Mou for other clubs?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Oh my god Neymar! I have never seen a bigger sulk in all my time of watching football. He collides with another player, goes down frantically calling the medics to come out, replay shows he is almost literally crying out in pain, cries to the referee to give a yellow card, the player he collided with is already on his feet for 2 minutes at that point and the last act is Icardi gets Neymar into a bear hug and helps him to his feet. His “injury“ was a tap the the face that might have got more of his arm if anything. ******* embarrassing.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Was very undwhelming to watch as a spurs fan let alone for a neutral

As a neutral I agree it not very good. It’s just a propaganda puff piece.

But as a Spurs fan you’d be fine with that no? Last thing you want is for it to be like Sunderland til I die or Being Liverpool, which is just an embarrassment for the club and puts you in a bad light. You come out of this one actually looking alright.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Such a unique skill was Delaps.

I know he was a champion Javelin thrower and was almost a one off, but I'm surprised there's not been someone try and emulate it since, especially a young kid from 10+ years ago, now coming through the system.

Such a unique skill was Delaps.

I know he was a champion Javelin thrower and was almost a one off, but I'm surprised there's not been someone try and emulate it since, especially a young kid from 10+ years ago, now coming through the system.

Think someone posted that his kid tried it as a junior and got bollocked for it and has never tried since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back