The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know why but I watched his interview with Piers Morgan to see if he actually had any decent points but he just contradicted himself the whole time and it sounded like the whole thing has stemmed from the female commentator in Liverpool v Fulham saying Endo “put his laces through it” when he side footed it and if a man said that he’d get criticised but this woman didn’t.

I just rewatched the goal and she actually said the opposite. She said “most players would panic and put their laces through it but Endo showed great composure to place it”. So his whole rant was based off something that didn’t happen, he’s a ******* idiot.
Someone called him out on supporting Her Game Too and he said something along the lines of "yeah they can watch men play football".

Barton having a go at female staff now. Forcing the poor married footballers to have affairs and costing them their marriages.

Also posted a clip of a young man city social media type as if to say " why are we letting people like her talk about the game".

Pretty nasty.

I'd like to know how much input Pep had before the club signed him.
It tends to be more Txiki, but I'd say Pep has a good say in every signing.

Bielsa might have made a recommendation but I think Pep made his mind up pretty early in the piece. To be fair, when he did get his chance Phillips didnt show a lot to prove Pep was wrong.

He'll do well elsewhere I suspect.

Homegrown player count needed fixing.
Don't think that was an issue. Foden, Lewis, Palmer were club trained. Walker, Stones, Ake (I think), Grealish, Carson association trained.

We normally run three or four short of the maximum squad size so wouldn't have been a problem even if we were a few short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think that was an issue. Foden, Lewis, Palmer were club trained. Walker, Stones, Ake (I think), Grealish, Carson association trained.

We normally run three or four short of the maximum squad size so wouldn't have been a problem even if we were a few short.
Lewis and Palmer don't count, no one U21 count. He would help the HG player count if you decided to buy more foreigners and have a larger squad. Doku also doesn't count.

Fair enough, but even without them we we fine without Phillips.
Yeah, I thought your squad was larger than that. You had 14 Non-HG players last season, so you could fit in another 3 if you wanted.

I do feel a bit for him, but it couldn't have been made more obvious to him at the start of the season that he wouldn't play much and he (as he is entitled to do) chose to stay.

Will be really interesting to see if he moves in January, where he goes and how he does. He is a good player but just doesn't seem suited to our style of play.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought your squad was larger than that. You had 14 Non-HG players last season, so you could fit in another 3 if you wanted.
It's funny how often pundits talk about our "massive" squad. It's a high quality squad but in terms of numbers Pep likes to keep it small.

Maybe a bit too small for my liking.

Another example of someone trying to stay relevant.

So sad.

Common sense podcast, so ironic when he doesn't have any himself.

He must've forgot the french accent he tried to pull off and all the other stupid things he did in his career and continues to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back