denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Gday Coasters

Forgive the Intrusion But I come in peace

Seems to me we are entering a brand new world

With the apparent low incidence of Covid-19 in WA and forthcoming hard border closure announced by Mark Mcgowan WA looks set to go it alone and become an island within an island.

This to me heralds the return of the WAFL as the states (and possibly Australias) Premier footy comp

It should be named the Percy Johnston cup in honor of one of the WAFL's stalwarts and older statesmen in my opinion

Great news to me as I can return to happier days when my club , the mighty sharks boast a history of great success (I can't remember if we have 27 flags or 28 to be honest)

Alas though sadder news to all the Eagles supporters who formerly supported Freo based clubs and forfeited their loyalties for cheap flags
Yes you can come back to the Freo family but let it be known that if a Fremantle member needs a seat at the ground you must make way for them

As a suggestion for the Eagles and the Durples

-Any WA players go back to their club of origin, eg Naitanui to Swans, Kelly to Souths, Kennedy to Easts, Darling to West Perth, Fyfe to Claremont, Sheed to Subiaco etc
-Any interstate players go to the aligned clubs, eg Shuey/Hurn/Schofield to the Beagles, Cerra/Brayshaw/Taberner(lulz) to Peel

Not a perfect solution, but it would stop the two aligned teams from being stronger than the rest with AFL quality lists

As a suggestion for the Eagles and the Durples

-Any WA players go back to their club of origin, eg Naitanui to Swans, Kelly to Souths, Kennedy to Easts, Darling to West Perth, Fyfe to Claremont, Sheed to Subiaco etc
-Any interstate players go to the aligned clubs, eg Shuey/Hurn/Schofield to the Beagles, Cerra/Brayshaw/Taberner(lulz) to Peel

Not a perfect solution, but it would stop the two aligned teams from being stronger than the rest with AFL quality lists

Maybe Fyfe could go the Sharks

Give the poor guy a chance of success for once

As an idea of allocation (since i'm clearly busy as working from home)

Beagles: Brander, HBrayshaw, Cole, Duggan, Gaff, Hickey, Hurn, Jones, Nelson, MONeill, XONeill, Petrucelle, Redden, Rioli*, Schoefield, Shuey, Vardy, Venables, Williams
Claremont: Barrass, Jamieson, Reid, Treacy, Waterman, Watson, Banfield, Colyer, Fyfe, Hamling, Henry, Hogan, Thomas, Carter, Butters
East Fremantle: Cripps, Kennedy, Sheppard, Yeo, OReilly,
East Perth: Hutchings,
Peel: Aish, Bewley, ABrayshaw, Cerra, Cox, Crowden, Darcy, Dixon, Duman, Frederick, Giro, Meek, Mundy, North, Pearce, Pina, Luke Ryan Schulz, Serong, Sturt, Switowski, Taberner, Tucker, Valenta, Wilson, Young
Perth: Conca,
South Fremantle: Ah Chee, Kelly, Matera, McCarthy
Subiaco: Ainsworth, Foley, Liam Ryan, Sheed
Swan Districts: Cameron, Edwards, Jetta, Naitanui, Blakely, Hughes, Lobb, Logue, Walters, Watson
West Perth: Allen, Darling, Johnson, Rotham, Acres, Hill

Would also take a bit of shuffling of players for a season to ensure those that don't get a massive influx of players like Perth get allocated top ups from other team who might leave a Peel/Claremont/Swans due to being squeezed out by an AFL player.

Other factors to consider is you have young players from interstate clubs who have come back to WA during the shutdown who could be allocated out, as well as some players from the local sides who might have gone home.

So would take some organizing, but it could be doable.

Last edited:
As an idea of allocation (since i'm clearly busy as working from home)

Beagles: Brander, HBrayshaw, Duggan, Gaff, Hickey, Hurn, Jones, Nelson, MONeill, XONeill, Petrucelle, Redden, Rioli*, Schoefield, Shuey, Vardy, Venables, Williams
Claremont: Barrass, Cole, Jamieson, Reid, Treacy, Waterman, Watson, Banfield, Colyer, Fyfe, Hamling, Henry, Hogan, Thomas, Carter, Butters
East Fremantle: Cripps, Kennedy, Sheppard, Yeo, OReilly,
East Perth: Hutchings,
Peel: Aish, Bewley, ABrayshaw, Cerra, Cox, Crowden, Darcy, Dixon, Duman, Frederick, Giro, Meek, Mundy, North, Pearce, Pina, Luke Ryan Schulz, Serong, Sturt, Switowski, Taberner, Tucker, Valenta, Wilson, Young
South Fremantle: Ah Chee, Kelly, Matera, McCarthy
Subiaco: Ainsworth, Foley, Liam Ryan, Sheed
Swan Districts: Cameron, Edwards, Jetta, Naitanui, Blakely, Hughes, Lobb, Logue, Walters, Watson
West Perth: Allen, Darling, Johnson, Rotham, Acres, Hill

Would also take a bit of shuffling of players for a season to ensure those that don't get a massive influx of players like Perth get allocated top ups from other team who might leave a Peel/Claremont/Swans due to being squeezed out by an AFL player.

Other factors to consider is you have young players from interstate clubs who have come back to WA during the shutdown who could be allocated out, as well as some players from the local sides who might have gone home.

So would take some organizing, but it could be doable.

Get around it people, it’s not that from becoming a reality
Take a bit of organising, I’d be happy to help where I can
There’s definitely an appetite for it

Some of the potential players from eastern states teams available:

East Freo: Joyce (Bris), P.Cripps (Carl), Ruscoe (Coll), Hooker (Ess), H.Taylor (Geel), Menegola (Geel), Swallow (GC), Sharp (GC), Jackson (Melb), Rivers (Melb), Zurhaar (North), Ryder (STK), Marsh (STK), Aliir (Syd), Warner (Syd), Johannisen (WB)
South Freo: Frampton (Adel), C.Ah Chee (Bris), Bolton (Rich), Pickett (Rich), Parker (STK), T.English (WB)
East Perth: Starcevich (Bris), Duncan (Geel), Stratton (Haw), Greaves (Haw), Powell-Pepper (Port)
Perth: D.Robertson (Bris), Fisher (Carl), Mayne (Coll), Narkle (Geel), B.Hill (GWS), O’Meara (Haw), L.English (Rich), Stack (Rich), Kent (STK), Franklin (Syd), E.Taylor (Syd)
West Perth: Adams (Bris), Prior (Bris), B.Hill (STK)
Peel: Schoenfeld (GC), Bennell (Mel), McIntosh (Rich), Naughton (WB)
Swans: C.Cameron (Bris), Coniglio (GWS), S.Taylor (GWS), N.Jetta (Mel), Pasini (Port), Broad (Rich), B.Lynch (WB), Garcia (WB)
Subi: Rich (Bris), Hayden (North), Georgiades (Port), Baker (Rich), Miller (Rich), Mayo (STK)
Claremont: O’Connor (Adel), M.McGovern (Carl), J.Martin (Carl), Petrevski-Seton (Carl), D.Cameron (Coll), Guelfi (Ess), J.Clark (Geel), Powell (GC), De Boer (GWS), Langdon (GWS), M.Williams (North), Patmore (Port), Alabakis (STK)

Gday Coasters

Forgive the Intrusion But I come in peace

Seems to me we are entering a brand new world

With the apparent low incidence of Covid-19 in WA and forthcoming hard border closure announced by Mark Mcgowan WA looks set to go it alone and become an island within an island.

This to me heralds the return of the WAFL as the states (and possibly Australias) Premier footy comp

It should be named the Percy Johnston cup in honor of one of the WAFL's stalwarts and older statesmen in my opinion

Great news to me as I can return to happier days when my club , the mighty sharks boast a history of great success (I can't remember if we have 27 flags or 28 to be honest)

Alas though sadder news to all the Eagles supporters who formerly supported Freo based clubs and forfeited their loyalties for cheap flags
Yes you can come back to the Freo family but let it be known that if a Fremantle member needs a seat at the ground you must make way for them
Call yourself an Old Easts supporter! His name is Percy Johnson dickhead!!

Coniglio would probably play as well. I don't see the WA boys over east ATM being let in TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be awesome. I was born in 1985 so never had a WAFL time, but would probably support subi as that was my Grandad's. I live about 800m from Lathlain oval but no way I'm jumping on a s**t-truck like Perth.

Suburban grounds, full strength beer and no Vic bias, what a dream. If the same thing happened in other states, there could start to be a genuine threat to AFL dominance of the sport.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back