The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Minnesota Timberwolves
As much as this year has been frustrating for us all, there has been some good things come out of 2019. I propose a thread of celebrating some of these things; no matter how rational or irrational they may seem.

It is also important to note that we are celebrating 150 years this year and we have experienced a lot of great moments in that time. Feel free to share some of the moments that have meant something to you, no matter how small or insignificant you feel they are.

For me personally I have enjoyed watching Luke Davies-Uniacke play every game so far this year. His development is incredibly important to our future and I'm glad hes been given opportunities this year.

Also watching Carey wear the jumper again today was fantastic.

I don't think we will ever see anything like him again on an AFL field.

There's no denying that we're in a pretty dire situation at the moment, but its not all doom and gloom.

LDU, Bailey Scott, Tarryn Thomas have bright futures. Pittard, Polec, Hall have been good pickups and have been decent and have time to improve this year. Jed has come out firing and looks on the rise if he can get some continuity. Majak's recovery hss been nothing short of inspirational.

I've been a supporter of Brad since the beginning and finally have accepted it might be time to move on and get some fresh faces at the club, but its also only 5 rounds in. There's plenty of time to turn things around in true North Melbourne fashion.

There's plenty of disillusionment around this place (myself included) but I like to think our supporters are better and stronger than some of the microwavers we've seen from other clubs.

Hang in there folks, now is when we show the real shinboner spirit.

As much as this year has been frustrating for us all, there has been some good things come out of 2019. I propose a thread of celebrating some of these things; no matter how rational or irrational they may seem.

It is also important to note that we are celebrating 150 years this year and we have experienced a lot of great moments in that time. Feel free to share some of the moments that have meant something to you, no matter how small or insignificant you feel they are.

For me personally I have enjoyed watching Luke Davies-Uniacke play every game so far this year. His development is incredibly important to our future and I'm glad hes been given opportunities this year.

Also watching Carey wear the jumper again today was fantastic.

I don't think we will ever see anything like him again on an AFL field.

I got a feeling in my pants watching those Carey highlights... I guess that's a positive

There's no denying that we're in a pretty dire situation at the moment, but its not all doom and gloom.

LDU, Bailey Scott, Tarryn Thomas have bright futures. Pittard, Polec, Hall have been good pickups and have been decent and have time to improve this year. Jed has come out firing and looks on the rise if he can get some continuity. Majak's recovery hss been nothing short of inspirational.

I've been a supporter of Brad since the beginning and finally have accepted it might be time to move on and get some fresh faces at the club, but its also only 5 rounds in. There's plenty of time to turn things around in true North Melbourne fashion.

There's plenty of disillusionment around this place (myself included) but I like to think our supporters are better and stronger than some of the microwavers we've seen from other clubs.

Hang in there folks, now is when we show the real shinboner spirit.

Spot on Keith. (and nice avatar too)

Right now we're like that part of the funhouse where all the floor pieces are jig-jagging at different angles and speeds. As a unit we are looking a bit fractured, which is very un-North-like, and is the one thing that upsets me the most about our current state of affairs onfield. Not sure why we lack such cohesion, but I have faith in this group of players. We've seen what we're capable of in patches, and it's very good. There's some obvious handicaps we're dealing with right now, like the holes in our forward and backlines, but we should still be able to be playing better than we are. I am holding out hope that the players will steady the floors for themselves and for each other as the year progresses, and as a unit recapture the hardness and spirit - those things that are unteachables, and define who we are as Shinboners.

It's fair to say that Maj has done this against far greater challenges off field, and to be honest, watching how he's traveled has trumped anything that could possibly lower my spirits when it comes to our team's current performance. They're just not even on the same playing field when it comes to life relevance.

And plus for now I'm just loop-playing my new favourite player with the most excellent hair. Welcome, Shinboner Jasper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a kid called Worrel playing for AIS right now, could be avail at 1-2-3......there’s a positive. Plays a bit like the Bont.

Like Bont? Sounds exciting! With our record of development I'm positive we can turn him into a plodding flanker who gets 18 touches at 45% efficiency each week in no time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back