The possibility of Essendon innocence: a travesty of justice or conspiracy theory for the ages?

Remove this Banner Ad

But McDevitt, ASADA chief at the time said it was up to the players to check ASADA website to see what's banned.

At the time this substance was not listed on ASADA site. So WADA may determine but seems ASADA ****** up.

Far from the End.

Does that make them innocent? In the end a higher body than the Australian body found them guilty. Don’t forget the ” independent” Strayan body found them innocent, so it must have been a conspiracy by those pesky Chinese,Russians Jamaicans to take the heat of their drug cheats , because us poor little Aussie battlers would NEVER stoop to drug cheating.

That's what the fanbois want you to believe but is not the case.

TB4 was never explicitly listed on any WADA banned list either. It was banned under S2 which covers a broad range of peptides and growth factors without naming each and every substance. Below is the wording from 2010. It would also be covered by the catch all S0 clause which prohibits stuff that has not been approved for human therapeutic use. At a later point after the Bombers saga TB4 was explicitly added to the list in order to make it very clear that you cannot use it. The Herald Sun report said WADA didn't explicitly add it until 2018, well after ASADA reportedly changed their 'check your substance' website results. This whole "ASADA's list was out of date compared with WADA and they quickly fixed it" narrative is complete horse s**t. It was always banned under S2 or S0 and ASADA was using the up to date prohibited list from that year. It was then explicitly named to make it even clearer that it was banned.

From 2012
S2. PEPTIDE HORMONES, GROWTH FACTORS AND RELATED SUBSTANCES

The following substances and their releasing factors are prohibited:
1. Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents [e.g. erythropoietin (EPO), darbepoetin (dEPO), hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) stabilizers, methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta (CERA), peginesatide (Hematide)];
2. Chorionic Gonadotrophin (CG) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) in males;
3. Insulins;
4. Corticotrophins;
5. Growth Hormone (GH), Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1), Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs), Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), Mechano Growth Factors (MGFs), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Vascular-Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) as well as any other growth factor affecting muscle, tendon or ligament protein synthesis/degradation, vascularisation, energy utilization, regenerative capacity or fibre type switching; and other substances with similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).

From 2018
S2. PEPTIDE HORMONES, GROWTH FACTORS, RELATED SUBSTANCES, AND MIMETICS

3. Growth Factors and Growth Factor Modulators, including, but not limited to: Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs); Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF); Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) and its analogues; Mechano Growth Factors (MGFs); Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF); Thymosin-β4 and its derivatives e.g. TB-500; Vascular-Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF).

thats Thymosin Beta4 not B4 it’s not even English letter, how are mere footballers supposed to 7nderstand that, it’s all Greek to me

I am so sick of the attitude in Australia that foreign drug cheats should be banned for life, circumstantial evidence is more than enough, etc. but when it comes to Australians, hey, they were just kids and made a mistake. Get real. ASADA and WADA did us all a favour, weeding out people like Dank injecting dangerous stuff into young men for what? To win a football game? Disgusting.

You, good person, win the award for logic and good sense. I applaud you.....

No-one is accusing James Hird of injecting the players himself. They are accusing him of failing in his duty of care to his players. This email reeks of dereliction of duty and passing the buck. In fact, it pretty much proves his culpability.

If the email said "dear Stephen Dank, please list for me what supplements you are intending to inject into my players, along with evidence they are WADA compliant (a written statement from them would be great), and medical advice that they are safe, then lets go for it!" then that would show some evidence of due diligence.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are pain killing injections cheating?
A drug, injected.
This enables a player to return to the field.
Probably you need to research why international sports have chosen not to ban anesthetics. It's a complex issue. A local anaesthetic enhances performance of an injured athlete, but impedes an uninjured athlete. Is that performance enhancing or *ing? <-- this word is r e t a r d i n g ...

Last edited:
Surely 'losing' all the records of what was injected is similar to what Rioli did in tampering with a sample to hide drug cheating. Would players likely be banned for 4 years if a club pulled an 'Essendon' these days?
thats Thymosin Beta4 not B4 it’s not even English letter, how are mere footballers supposed to 7nderstand that, it’s all Greek to me
Ahhh memories.
They found a team systemically doping their players in a national sport. Pretty sure it'd be near the top of the list as far as sporting scandals go. The ball-tampering stuff with cricket didn't happen until later... so what would you qualify as the "blackest day" in Australian sport then?

The boys are back in town.

Systematic doping regime. Thymosion beta-4. Sport science. Doping. Cheaters. The good ol' days.

He took on the establishment when they tried to whitewash it, and won.

You're the one claiming it was a political stunt. What was in it for the lefties who co-ordinated it?
I am not claiming it was a political stunt.

IT was a political stunt nothing more.
The reward was continued and extended funding for ASADA.
Are you a little touched?
It's pretty obvious.

I am not claiming it was a political stunt.

IT was a political stunt nothing more.
The reward was continued and extended funding for ASADA.
Are you a little touched?
It's pretty obvious.

The wrecking ball was coming regardless, Labor just hitched their wagon to it in a vain bid to save the Gillard government. And our lefty sporting administrators went along for the ride and lined up like good little dogs on the Blackest Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back