The Problem With BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BluesBabe666
How interesting. Like i have said numerous times, and funnily enough, no one seems to be taking any notice, why dont YOU people that are so offended by the new wave of "inane" threads, use your brains, and think of a decent thread to start. This we, us and them stuff is bull****. If you guys want to meet people on the net and develop relationships with them, then those relationships go sour, its something that also makes these boards as boring as hell, with your inside smart arse bitchy comments. If thats the way you date, then fine - but before you start having goes at threads going off the rails, take a look at yourselves and ensure you're without fault before jumping on your high horse.

I can tell you that months ago these boards were cliquey, bitchy and boring. You had to have been on here since the beginning to get listened to, and Sly77 was one of the biggest culprits when it came to having chats in threads and sending them off the rails for her own personal little social gathering. Threads might be a little more inane these days, but at least they're a lot more welcoming to newies.

BF is what you make it, as someone said here earlier.
You dont like it? Instead of simply whinging to mods, get off your butts and attempt to turn it around yourself.

[CJH]Snip[/CJH]

I neither whinge to mods or set my life up around this board. I read what I want, and post to what I see for myself is worthwhile. That's what it should be. This thread is about what has happened to this board and why some of the better posters are no longer here and reasons why.

Yes, you're a reason why at times. But you know that. I don't know you and I don't pretend to either like or dislike you. Maybe instead of being so sensitive you might instead take stock of a few things said here and take some responsibility. This is a public forum, not your private chat room.

Originally posted by Appleyard
I'm only up to page 5... will comment when I get the chance.
To make things easier for you Appleyard the rest of these pages are full of negative stuff about the site. Good luck mate.

Originally posted by The Hitman
I did. And look at the utter tripe discussion in this thread it sprouted. As usual on this site, a good thread with some top discussion by the usual suspects has been ruined by the crap spoken by the other usual suspects.

I suppose some people will be banned after personally attacking me in this thread? If not, then there is inconsistant moderation, and either Docker_Brat should be allowed back fully posting rights or more people should be banned.

A word of warning for the moderators. The opinion of three people (Bluey, Fred, Danni) is not always right. You may be intelligent and older than me and most others here, but that does not make you right. The fact you don't take on board any other opinions other than your own (even from your fellow moderators) is a sure sign of where this site is going. There comes a point where 'our site' becomes 'my site'. That point has been well and truly passed. I think it is up to the three moderators to decide whether it becomes 'our site' again, and it is that decision which could decide the future of this site - whether it thrives again or dies.

The Hitman

Now I have yet to read the entire thread, but this is simple ignorance of how the moderators work.

Thing is that there is a great deal of discussion that goes on between the moderators. Just because you cannot see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I like the fact that the mods ocassionally disagree. It keeps us on our toes. But in the end a decision has to be made, by me or by whomever I delegate to the task. I take on board other mods views all the time. They help me run the site and their thoughts and experience are invaluable.

BF is and always will be a work in progress. Rules, attitudes, members and moderators change. Standard, definite rules are good in principle but there will always be leeway to fit the situation.

Stamping your feet because it is not always the site you want it to be is not going to get you anywhere. The world will never be the way you want it to be. That's a perspective that a few years under your belt (or hanging over it in my case at the moment - too much pasta) will get you.

There's a lull right now but I'm not phased. I'm not ignoring it, but I'm not phased.

For instance I'm starting a weekly e-mail of some of the more interesting threads to give users positive examples of some of the very good stuff that is on the boards at the moment. BigSoccer does this sort of thing and Frodo reminded me that I had planned to do it a while ago.

Now, on with the thread...

Originally posted by The Hitman

Let's look at Docker_Brat's case, shall we. He took the p*ss out of some of the mods by putting some disclaimers at the end of his posts. Now, some of us do that for Dan26, etc to get a rise out of it. But the moderators and their holier than thou attitude which seems to state that they are untouchable makes them pull the trigger.

DO you actually have any clue about why DB was denied access to the General Talk boards?

From the para above it seems you simply do not.

DB was asked to "tone it down a bit" (as you suggested!) but flaty refused and said "if that means I'm banned, so be it. It's your site."

So I removed his access to GT boards as his general footy-related posting is not too bad.

Does that clear it up for you? ANy more questions about this?

Originally posted by ozzult
Whenever I have conversed with Fred, Bluey or Danni, they all act in a condescending manner, as if we are "less than".

Very annoying, and very frustrating.

Apologies if this is happening.

However you must realise that sometimes this seems the only way to talk to some users as they simply won't be told any other way.

Polite requests, outright demands and subtle hints are all ignored.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
I've noticed that everyone is dragging BA's and BB666's names up, these two posters are a bit of a laugh IMO.

Oh Bluey, you've given me one warning in the past to stop stirring suzi and I did that, did I not? Perhaps if you gave me a list of kiddies who sat there with tears streaming down their cheeks every time I made an off the cuff remark, we may have something to work with. Most people don't seem to give a rats and dare I say it, enjoy my style, judging by a now deleted thread. Crikey even Collingwood supporters have been backing me and they've bourn the brunt of the stirring.

Worse stuff is said at the football itself, far worse. Tough world out there people, if you can't not get upset if someone anonymous rolls their eyes at a stupid post you've made, how the hell are you going to be able to handle that in the real world where it counts?

I've never denied your user name had access to GT boards withdrawn.

My specific request to you DB was "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". If I remember correctly I added "at least until the footy season starts".

POsting 'roll-eyes' posts and sniping (what you call "off-the-cuff") comments just derails a thread.

I asked you to try to post REASONS for your disagreement with an argument rather than just post "you're just an idiot" posts.

You refused.

I removed your access to the GT boards.

That's what happened.

Dan, I fully agree with you.

Some people on this board are far too thin-skinned. For christ's sake, how hard is it to ignore those that annoy you? If you do not wish to view a thread created by Blues Angel or Suzi Olsen, then ignore it and move on. The only threads I read are the ones that interest me, and Hitters you are right that some threads on the General Talk Board are rubbish. That's exactly why I don't keep on reading threads that I don't like and/or don't interest me. I rarely go to the General Talk Board for obvious reasons. I must admit that the quality of discussion has been lacking of late, but it'll come when the footy starts and all that has left will be back here in no time. If you loathe Suzi, BB666, etc... put them on your ignore list. Because as Dan said, their presense on these boards will not affect your various discussions with level-headed posters (as long as they're not involved with the thread at hand). Of course, these sort of issues come and go. The bottom line is, it's only an internet message board. Don't take things too personally, for it's not real life. No one is forcing you to post here or not. And that's what matters.

Lack of willpower is what's evident right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back