The Problem With BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
Ok everybody....big group hug..cmon gather round! :)

Are we all done? Have we rid ourself of the angst? Good I feel better today!

"hari hari hari..hare hari hari hari...hari hari krishna krishna krishna"

ahhh better now!

:D

Poor FF, seems no one wants to meet him at moccas forum, so he had to come back to bigfooty, welcome back. :D

Originally posted by Fred
You have a great capacity for missing the point. Crime rises because there are more crims. The police act AFTER the event. Mods act after things happen. There's nothing to act on beforehand. Using your analogy, do you think the police should act before the crime has been committed? How?

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need police- or mods. If either acted before the event because they thought something might happen, you'd be leading the howls of complaint.

Ever heard of predictive or preventative policing ?

This is not your ideal world.

And I rarely miss the point. I usually get stabbed with it :eek:

Originally posted by Frodo
Ever heard of predictive or preventative policing ?

This is not your ideal world.

And I rarely miss the point. I usually get stabbed with it :eek:

You don't seriously expect the mods to attempt to predict which way a thread will go and act before the event?
We get into enough strife now after the event when we act on a known problem.

Originally posted by cornelia
Poor FF, seems no one wants to meet him at moccas forum, so he had to come back to bigfooty, welcome back. :D

I have registered ay Moccas board but my email is stuffed. So I havent bothered to try another nick.

And I am staying away from the GT boards. ;)

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
I have registered ay Moccas board but my email is stuffed. So I havent bothered to try another nick.

And I am staying away from the GT boards. ;)

MKAY, whatever you say, it is a bit different from saying you are leaving BF altogether.

Admit it, your little protest was a failure, that is why you are back here, like all of us, you are addicted to bigfooty. :D

Originally posted by mandy5
At the risk of siding with Sly, here goes.......

Yes, it is the off season. Yes, there's not too many football topics to be discussing at the moment. But I really don't recall last year being this inane? I'm not trying to point the finger, as there are posters I both like and dislike at the moment who seems to be posting a fair bit of dribble. Even decent threads can be turned into "I have a vibrator in my undies drawer" level. And there are far too many threads where a few want to tell each other how great they are. And then telling the rest of us to "get a life" when we complain??? Yeah, we're the one's who need lives! Pfft!

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But there are a lot of posters missing these days that were witty and amusing, and yes even occasionally bitchy, but where fun to read. This place is most definitely NOT fun anymore.

Like Brett said, I still have a liking for BF, but I far from love it anymore.

How interesting. Like i have said numerous times, and funnily enough, no one seems to be taking any notice, why dont YOU people that are so offended by the new wave of "inane" threads, use your brains, and think of a decent thread to start. This we, us and them stuff is bull****. If you guys want to meet people on the net and develop relationships with them, then those relationships go sour, its something that also makes these boards as boring as hell, with your inside smart arse bitchy comments. If thats the way you date, then fine - but before you start having goes at threads going off the rails, take a look at yourselves and ensure you're without fault before jumping on your high horse.

I can tell you that months ago these boards were cliquey, bitchy and boring. You had to have been on here since the beginning to get listened to, and Sly77 was one of the biggest culprits when it came to having chats in threads and sending them off the rails for her own personal little social gathering. Threads might be a little more inane these days, but at least they're a lot more welcoming to newies.

BF is what you make it, as someone said here earlier.
You dont like it? Instead of simply whinging to mods, get off your butts and attempt to turn it around yourself.

Originally posted by BluesBabe666

BF is what you make it, as someone said here earlier.
You dont like it? Instead of simply whinging to mods, get off your butts and attempt to turn it around yourself.

A big part of attempting to turn it around is knowing when to stop.
I left this thread open to see if you guys could do it yourselves. But instead all you do is attack each other.

Please, learn when to draw the line, and just stop.

Yep, blame the mods. Don't blame the people that make a mess...

I did. And look at the utter tripe discussion in this thread it sprouted. As usual on this site, a good thread with some top discussion by the usual suspects has been ruined by the crap spoken by the other usual suspects.

I suppose some people will be banned after personally attacking me in this thread? If not, then there is inconsistant moderation, and either Docker_Brat should be allowed back fully posting rights or more people should be banned.

A word of warning for the moderators. The opinion of three people (Bluey, Fred, Danni) is not always right. You may be intelligent and older than me and most others here, but that does not make you right. The fact you don't take on board any other opinions other than your own (even from your fellow moderators) is a sure sign of where this site is going. There comes a point where 'our site' becomes 'my site'. That point has been well and truly passed. I think it is up to the three moderators to decide whether it becomes 'our site' again, and it is that decision which could decide the future of this site - whether it thrives again or dies.

The Hitman

No one on here knows me, so if anyone is coming on here saying what they think of me, its not hindering my sleep at night. You possibly misconstrue, i think its my threads and posts that are bothering SOME, not ME. And they can speak for themselves, and you can speak for yourself, thanks. I started the thread, yes, intrested to know if other people had tried the product, and if it was a crock, etc. I didnt intend to sully the thread with comments like "guys like it down there if you know what i mean".

In your opinion, boob tubes beat tap water threads. They're both as inane as each other and its a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

SWEET HEART!

(Imitating me now? What does that prove?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The actual point behind this current argument IS valid.

Some folks like the idea of any little subject on the board.
Personally I see this as a fair viewpoint.

Other folks consider that this creates a lot of material that is just so much fluff and simply a hindrance to more encompassing subjects.
Personally I also see this as a fair viewpoint.

Would it fair to say that if you stripped away the slanging match, there WOULD actually be a debate under this that is based on a difference of opinion, in which BOTH parties have a bit of a point?

It DID wander from the original topic. That IS a justifiable cause of annoyance for original complainant (Hitman, I think). Its not that this issue shouldn't be thrashed out, its more that the original issue became forgotten on this thread.

We probably should carry out both discussions on two separate threads, and without the darned barbs.

Originally posted by The Hitman

I suppose some people will be banned after personally attacking me in this thread? If not, then there is inconsistant moderation, and either Docker_Brat should be allowed back fully posting rights or more people should be banned.

The Hitman

Personally attacking you? One person had a shot at you for a comment you made - in very poor taste - on the general board.
Now you get uppity because they aren't banned.
Have a look at yourself first.

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
The actual point behind this current argument IS valid.

Some folks like the idea of any little subject on the board.
Personally I see this as a fair viewpoint.

Other folks consider that this creates a lot of material that is just so much fluff and simply a hindrance to more encompassing subjects.
Personally I also see this as a fair viewpoint.

Would it fair to say that if you stripped away the slanging match, there WOULD actually be a debate under this that is based on a difference of opinion, in which BOTH parties have a bit of a point?

It DID wander from the original topic. That IS a justifiable cause of annoyance for original complainant (Hitman, I think). Its not that this issue shouldn't be thrashed out, its more that the original issue became forgotten on this thread.

We probably should carry out both discussions on two separate threads, and without the darned barbs.

It just says scrap the general board let the little ones have their convos on msn chat and keep the site for what it really is BIGFOOTY which to me is aussie rules board + team boards!

You don't seriously expect the mods to attempt to predict which way a thread will go and act before the event?
We get into enough strife now after the event when we act on a known problem.

you don't understand the concept unfortunately, so there is no point in me carrying on with this line.

This is crazy...

This thread has turned into the exact thing that is wrong with Bigfooty.
It has turned into one big brawl!

There are a few problems with Bigfooty.

1. Everyone is hypocritical -

Fact is here, people are going on about the 'dribble' that goes across Bigfooty these days. The problem here is, that everyones interpretation of 'dribble' is different.
What Hitman believes to be a quality thread is 'dribble' to someone else.

BluesBabes HARMLESS fun to others is a waste of space on the General Board.

Its all about opinion really, and people complaining about this sort of thing are really being hypocritical because EVERYONE posts crap on here at times.

2. Personal 'Attacks' -

There have also been a few of these on this thread.
The problem here is, instead of people being TOLERANT to peoples opinions, and being CIVIL when their opinions differ, they attack them with a personal insult.
Problem being here is that it doesn't stop there. That person retaliates, then the other person again, then his mate, then the other guys mate, and so on. Then that particular thread is now useless as there are 8 pages of insults.
The mods then come in and close the thread, and they get attacked for closing a 'quality' (give me a break) thread.

We on Bigfooty need to be more tolerant to others opinion. You go on about how smarter you are, then how about you people come up with a valid arguement rather than an attack on how stupid a person is.

3. Moderators -

I am not saying the moderators themselves are the problem.
There has to be a bridge built between the moderators and the posters of the Bigfooty community.
The moderators are not the enemies. They run the site according to the rules set out by the administrators (Bluey etc). They are the ones of course that also cop the crap at the end of the day.

What needs to happen here is a bit of respect, BOTH ways.

The moderators have the accept the users rights to free speach, within reason of the rules of Bigfooty. The moderators have to act in an appropriate manner, not turn a thread into a slanging swearing match.

There is a level of responsibility from the moderators to the site. I for one thank the moderators for doing what they do, for if they didn't bigfooty would be A LOT worse than its current state.

4. General Board -

You cannot go to the General Board and expect quality posting.
The General Board should be renamed the 'fun'/'joke' board. Because really thats all it is. A bit of fun. The rest of the boards music etc cater for the topics that would have been spoken about on the General Board.

There will be dribble (in peoples opinions) and in there, there will be the occational quality thread (in peoples opinions).

I might add more to this later on ....

As Rohan said, Bigfooty is what you make it to be....

Originally posted by The Hitman
A word of warning for the moderators. The opinion of three people (Bluey, Fred, Danni) is not always right. You may be intelligent and older than me and most others here, but that does not make you right. The fact you don't take on board any other opinions other than your own (even from your fellow moderators) is a sure sign of where this site is going. There comes a point where 'our site' becomes 'my site'. That point has been well and truly passed. I think it is up to the three moderators to decide whether it becomes 'our site' again, and it is that decision which could decide the future of this site - whether it thrives again or dies.

The Hitman

I think that this post hits at the very heart of the problem. It has become 'their site' indeed.

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
Must mean i am as pathetic as you...oh no hang on i don't have 2271 posts on my name and only 435 showing up on my actual tally. Not big on post counts but what does that actually tell you? That makes 1836 posts of absolute utter boring crap!

No offense meant Spidey, but what about your posts about such topics as:

'Wot is open 2morrow' re Christmas shopping times
'Wot did u get from work for Xmas'
Plus many more

I am guity of posting some pretty silly things, but these are pretty inane in themselves. We all post crap, but not all the time.

:(

Originally posted by TheMase

It's the internet. Everything is harmless. You cannot say that when I take the p*ss out of you that it is harmful. When people take little shots at you, it isn't harming you. You aren't in the corner sucking your thumb sooking for mummy.

Let's look at Docker_Brat's case, shall we. He took the p*ss out of some of the mods by putting some disclaimers at the end of his posts. Now, some of us do that for Dan26, etc to get a rise out of it. But the moderators and their holier than thou attitude which seems to state that they are untouchable makes them pull the trigger.

Why aren't I banned? Why aren't the majority of the people on the site banned? Is there a special law which states that the mickey can't be taken out of the mods?

When you receive a PM from one of the mods talking to you like a child when you are around the same age, you are going to treat it with a grain of salt and dismiss it. When you get a PM from a mod which says "look, can ya tone it down a bit?", you are more likely to get a positive result. Unfortunately the moderators have their head up their arse and don't seem to realise the authoritarian method doesn't work.

The Hitman

Haven't you worked it out yet Babe - lots of people out there seem to think this site revolves around you, and that any 'problems' with the site are all your fault.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheMase
This is crazy...

This thread has turned into the exact thing that is wrong with Bigfooty.
It has turned into one big brawl!

There are a few problems with Bigfooty.

1. Everyone is hypocritical -

Fact is here, people are going on about the 'dribble' that goes across Bigfooty these days. The problem here is, that everyones interpretation of 'dribble' is different.
What Hitman believes to be a quality thread is 'dribble' to someone else.

Its all about opinion really, and people complaining about this sort of thing are really being hypocritical because EVERYONE posts crap on here at times.

2. Personal 'Attacks' -

There have also been a few of these on this thread.
The problem here is, instead of people being TOLERANT to peoples opinions, and being CIVIL when their opinions differ, they attack them with a personal insult.
Problem being here is that it doesn't stop there. That person retaliates, then the other person again, then his mate, then the other guys mate, and so on. Then that particular thread is now useless as there are 8 pages of insults.
The mods then come in and close the thread, and they get attacked for closing a 'quality' (give me a break) thread.

We on Bigfooty need to be more tolerant to others opinion. You go on about how smarter you are, then how about you people come up with a valid arguement rather than an attack on how stupid a person is.

3. Moderators -

I am not saying the moderators themselves are the problem.
There has to be a bridge built between the moderators and the posters of the Bigfooty community.
The moderators are not the enemies. They run the site according to the rules set out by the administrators (Bluey etc). They are the ones of course that also cop the crap at the end of the day.

What needs to happen here is a bit of respect, BOTH ways.

The moderators have the accept the users rights to free speach, within reason of the rules of Bigfooty. The moderators have to act in an appropriate manner, not turn a thread into a slanging swearing match.

There is a level of responsibility from the moderators to the site. I for one thank the moderators for doing what they do, for if they didn't bigfooty would be A LOT worse than its current state.

4. General Board -

You cannot go to the General Board and expect quality posting.
The General Board should be renamed the 'fun'/'joke' board. Because really thats all it is. A bit of fun. The rest of the boards music etc cater for the topics that would have been spoken about on the General Board.

There will be dribble (in peoples opinions) and in there, there will be the occational quality thread (in peoples opinions).

I might add more to this later on ....

As Rohan said, Bigfooty is what you make it to be....

Mase
Congratulations on an excellent post, it is very well put & I agree totally, let's hope everyone takes this onboard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back