The Problem With BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

Originally posted by Sly77
There's nothing wrong with general chat I have no probs with it - christ I do it - HOWEVER - there is a lot of stuff that could be done via pm, msn, email, chat room or the like.

It's the endless number of personal posts that turns people away. Bigfooty used to actually be an entertaining community to be a part of, I guess we all enjoyed it and miss having that avenue of release.

Yep I agree with that. As I've said, I don't feel amazingly comfy bagging any threads like that since I have been guilty of it myself :eek: I don't mind the threads about Milo or tap water or whatever, but it's when they degenerate into personal chatter that no one but a few people really know or care about THEN it gets annoying.

I guess when you do it you see it as being fun but it's when you stop and look at others doing the same thing that you realise how annoying it can get.

I agree also... i'm guilty of doing it, but like i said in my other post, i've seen plenty of it with Sly's and others names on it as well. Dare i pull out the old pot, kettle, black cliche?

Whats good for one is good for all, and this, "do as i say, not as i do" bull**** is also part of the reason that this site is turning to crap.

And the fact that people who dont contribute feel it necessary to whinge on the quality of other peoples threads. Hardly fair now is it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

Originally posted by Sly77
There's nothing wrong with general chat I have no probs with it - christ I do it - HOWEVER - there is a lot of stuff that could be done via pm, msn, email, chat room or the like.

It's the endless number of personal posts that turns people away. Bigfooty used to actually be an entertaining community to be a part of, I guess we all enjoyed it and miss having that avenue of release.

agree with this and most of your other posts sly. Can not stand the awww *lolz* hugz *kisses* garbage that comes outta the 24 hour net saddos who live on here! The private chit chat gives me the sh1ts too and i think adds to the gang up tactics that occur on here.

Originally posted by Frodo
Now this is a perfect example of lack of effective moderation.

The personal posts should have been culled and the thread kept to the topic, which was a good one.
Now it's totaly off the rails and needs locking. :mad:

Yep, blame the mods. Don't blame the people that make a mess - blame the cleaners. Don't blame the firebugs - blame the firemen for not putting it out quickly enough.
It's not an example of ineffective moderation, it's an example of what's wrong with bigfooty and as such is entirely appropriate to the thread.

Originally posted by LionsForever
Why can't everybody just get along for once?

It doesnt happen out in the real world so why expect it to happen here? People have contrasting personalities, like different things, have different theories. One persons trash is another persons treasure. Something that one person might find funny, another may find completely boring and tedious.

A world (or internet site) where everyone agrees with each other would be one bloody scary thing. Would be like living with the care bears.

Originally posted by Macca19

A world (or internet site) where everyone agrees with each other would be one bloody scary thing. Would be like living with the care bears.
I guess you're very right there. But what I was suppose to say, everyone should just sort out this ***** and have fun, whinging and fighting leads you nowhere. BigFooty was once fun now it's turning into World War III :( :eek:

.. And again I keep repeating myself over and over again. :eek:

Originally posted by BluesBabe666
Good question Craig, and i'd be curious to see a response from one of the "intellectuals"?

Not saying im an 'intellectual' but why do we need to see threads about people saying goodbye to four of their friends for the weekend because they dont have net access at home. Isnt that what the PM function, or email, or MSN, or ICQ, or Trillian, or the phone is for??

See this is the thing. There is a serious lack of people starting threads on that board. And when you ask why, the answer is that the thread simply gets bagged, and the thread starter... its no wonder people dont contribute, and we end up with crap threads.

Theres a serious lack of people starting threads on the General board?? I woulda thought the general turnover of posts and threads on the general board was considerably healthy :confused:

It doesnt happen out in the real world so why expect it to happen here? People have contrasting personalities, like different things, have different theories. One persons trash is another persons treasure. Something that one person might find funny, another may find completely boring and tedious.

You must have a short memory. There are single- club sites out there where any contrary view is promptly deleted.

Originally posted by LionsForever
I guess you're very right there. But what I was suppose to say, everyone should just sort out this ***** and have fun, whinging and fighting leads you nowhere. BigFooty was once fun now it's turning into World War III :( :eek:

You go to any internet site which has just as many contrasting people (by that i mean we have many many people here from 16 different football clubs) and youll get just as many arguments.

It comes and goes here. Sorta like waves. Everything will be rosy for a few months then it will go crappy for a few months. I suggest you just ride out the bumps and not read the boards or threads that you arent finding fun anymore until it all blows over. This isnt the first time there has been a major argument here, and it wont be the last. Happened quite a few other times in the past...the whole Joffa thing...then the banning of Mags and QT, and then MGREG calling all Magpies supporters to leave BigFooty, and now this.

It'll blow over

Originally posted by Fred
You must have a short memory. There are single- club sites out there where any contrary view is promptly deleted.

good point. BUT...it doesnt mean that everyone on those sites gets along with each other.

On a site such as this where there are people from 16 clubs all brought into one place, then there will never be a BigFooty version of World Peace.

On a site such as this where there are people from 16 clubs all brought into one place, then there will never be a BigFooty version of World Peace.
I have to agree with you there, stereotyping does get involved quite alot as well.

The problem with BigFooty is there are too many people who at the moment have a negative attitude and are posting stuff about how they hate the site and posting personal abuse.
If you hate the site so much, why not disappear quietly and not go on with stuff like so much of this thread. But I won't be the next lemming over the cliff - I think BigFooty is great and will be even better once next season starts and we've got some football action to talk about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of siding with Sly, here goes.......

Yes, it is the off season. Yes, there's not too many football topics to be discussing at the moment. But I really don't recall last year being this inane? I'm not trying to point the finger, as there are posters I both like and dislike at the moment who seems to be posting a fair bit of dribble. Even decent threads can be turned into "I have a vibrator in my undies drawer" level. And there are far too many threads where a few want to tell each other how great they are. And then telling the rest of us to "get a life" when we complain??? Yeah, we're the one's who need lives! Pfft!

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But there are a lot of posters missing these days that were witty and amusing, and yes even occasionally bitchy, but where fun to read. This place is most definitely NOT fun anymore.

Like Brett said, I still have a liking for BF, but I far from love it anymore.

Originally posted by mandy5
I'm not trying to point the finger, as there are posters I both like and dislike at the moment who seems to be posting a fair bit of dribble.

BF is what you make it. It's very easy to point the finger but offer no solutions. As far as I see it, this is just another bitch thread.

Originally posted by Rohan_
BF is what you make it. It's very easy to point the finger but offer no solutions. As far as I see it, this is just another bitch thread.

Hey Roey, go **** yourself!

There, now it's bitchy! :rolleyes:

No need to bleep out 'feed'.

No that's vindictive.;)

BF would be a better place if everyone stopped whinging. I'm sure I'm gulity of this as the next person but this thread and the amount of dribble/carry on over this is just bitching.

Originally posted by Fred
Yep, blame the mods. Don't blame the people that make a mess - blame the cleaners. Don't blame the firebugs - blame the firemen for not putting it out quickly enough.
It's not an example of ineffective moderation, it's an example of what's wrong with bigfooty and as such is entirely appropriate to the thread.

Bollux Fred. If you have a police force that do stuff all then crime rises proportionally. Danni actually wants more power to be able to do just that. What do you want to do? Use petrol in the fire hoses? Great job mate.

Originally posted by Frodo
Bollux Fred. If you have a police force that do stuff all then crime rises proportionally. Danni actually wants more power to be able to do just that. What do you want to do? Use petrol in the fire hoses? Great job mate.

You have a great capacity for missing the point. Crime rises because there are more crims. The police act AFTER the event. Mods act after things happen. There's nothing to act on beforehand. Using your analogy, do you think the police should act before the crime has been committed? How?

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need police- or mods. If either acted before the event because they thought something might happen, you'd be leading the howls of complaint.

Ok everybody....big group hug..cmon gather round! :)

Are we all done? Have we rid ourself of the angst? Good I feel better today!

"hari hari hari..hare hari hari hari...hari hari krishna krishna krishna"

ahhh better now!

:D

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
Ok everybody....big group hug..cmon gather round! :)

Are we all done? Have we rid ourself of the angst? Good I feel better today!

"hari hari hari..hare hari hari hari...hari hari krishna krishna krishna"

ahhh better now!

:D

If you must sing, at least sing in bloody tune.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back