The Problem With BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

Originally posted by TigerCraig
Don't forget me Ang. At least some people realise that this IS A FUN NET CHAT SITE !!! (sorry for shouting but some people act like this is a shrine for football tragics)

And you too TC......how could I have ever forgotten you!!

:D

Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

Originally posted by Rohan_
No, different people log on for different reasons to you. I found Mocca, Tigertank and the like very "cliquey" and I don't miss them one bit.

People are amused by different things to you Brett. Some may like dorks showing their supposed higher intelligence by sniping others and having their clones (you) and mates blackslap them.

Calling people like Blues Angel and Bluesbabe "dumb" is a tad hypocritical when you ****** up your VCE yourself. People who aren't as intelligent normally have to resort to mimicking what someone says (you and Mocca).

As opposed to a person who feels the need to sink to the level of calling women 'sluts' and commenting on others looks, a level others do not need to sink to.

I really can't understand why people get ****ty over useless threads. I find them annoying sometimes, but heck what's the meaning of General Topics then?

It seems PC has hit forums as well. Crikey bring back the 80's where you could say what you wanted when you wanted without offending the minorities out there.

My major gripe with BF is the unfairness of the mods. It seems if your slow or dumb you can get away with murder on these boards.

Re: Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
As opposed to a person who feels the need to sink to the level of calling women 'sluts' and commenting on others looks, a level others do not need to sink to.

the man of the moment speaks!!! :D

No, different people log on for different reasons to you. I found Mocca, Tigertank and the like very "cliquey" and I don't miss them one bit.

People are amused by different things to you Brett. Some may like dorks showing their supposed higher intelligence by sniping others and having their clones (you) and mates blackslap them.

Calling people like Blues Angel and Bluesbabe "dumb" is a tad hypocritical when you ****** up your VCE yourself. People who aren't as intelligent normally have to resort to mimicking what someone says (you and Mocca).

Exactly! Just because we start a dumb thread every now and again doesnt mean we are dumb, people should be careful with that assumption. Anyway if you're here to compete about who is more intelligent surely there is a more suitable forum to your needs?

Calling people like Blues Angel and Bluesbabe "dumb" is a tad hypocritical

Thats rather rich coming from a boy who uses the boards to carry on his own personal vendettas against innocent parties.

Quality discussions (and posters) have long disappeared from the boards and all thats left is the residue crap. Just scan the bulldust threads that are there on a regular basis. The majority revolve around insecure people trying to boost up their self esteen by blabbing on about how gorgeous they are and or guys attempting to look "studly" by trying to tell us that they pick up. OH and don't forget all the bumslapping and fresh air cheek kissing that goes on. Hardly what you'd call interesting debate.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Docker_Brat

I give this forum the respect it deserves... None. My reason you ask? I believe we shouldn't take any of the issues on BF too seriously and its all bit of a pi sstake on my part and I suspect, others.

Not that I want to enter a slanging match but I would back my class over your's anyday.

Well if people think BB666 and Blues_Angel post alot of **** then don't even bother opening or replying to them. :rolleyes: I think there threads are fantastic reads. BigFooty would be much more fun if there were less-whinging, and less-arguements.. Why can't everybody just get along for once?

You're just as bad as he is Sly, i've seen the smart arse comments you just cant resist throwing in.

Funny how everyone just jumps on their high horse as though they have never once posted crap before on this or any other board. I can remember having to sift through some boring drivel not more than a few months ago and i'm positive your name was on some of it too, along with Hitman, and all these other grumpy sooks who are now deciding they want to talk serious.

What would all you people like to talk about then?
How 'bout you people saying that the threads are crap, get on here and post a serious thread that we can all have a debate and serious conversation on?

Its alright for you all to say "this is no good any-more, blah blah blah", but i dont see any conversation contributions coming from you guys. :eek:

Originally posted by Sly77
OH and don't forget all the bumslapping and fresh air cheek kissing that goes on. Hardly what you'd call interesting debate.

As I said different things amuse different people. People get their kicks in a number of different and varied ways.

For Brett to say BF is going downhill because "smart" posters no longer post here is a generalization on his part that isn't applicable to the majority as he says.

Thats rather rich coming from a boy who uses the boards to carry on his own personal vendettas against innocent parties.

Quality discussions (and posters) have long disappeared from the boards and all thats left is the residue crap. Just scan the bulldust threads that are there on a regular basis. The majority revolve around insecure people trying to boost up their self esteen by blabbing on about how gorgeous they are and or guys attempting to look "studly" by trying to tell us that they pick up. OH and don't forget all the bumslapping and fresh air cheek kissing that goes on. Hardly what you'd call interesting debate.

:rolleyes:

And I suppose BB666 and I are the ONLY people guilty of this??

Don't go insulting us when there are others out there who do the same and possibly even 'worse' than what we post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by BluesBabe666
Funny how everyone just jumps on their high horse as though they have never once posted crap before

Hey but when Brett starts quality topics such as I'm taking a break to concentrate on VCE (which he didn't), drinking milo in the morning and saying he wanted to die because of his VCE score we don't call this crap :eek:

Hey but when Brett starts quality topics such as I'm taking a break to concentrate on VCE (which he didn't), drinking milo in the morning and saying he wanted to die because of his VCE score we don't call this crap :eek:

Oh that's quality, as well as Suzi's various ramblings...

Rohan, you are a champ!

:D

Originally posted by Blues Angel
And I suppose BB666 and I are the ONLY people guilty of this??

Don't go insulting us when there are others out there who do the same and possibly even 'worse' than what we post.

Sorry - but I don't recall mentioning any names, it was a "general" observation on the current state of the boards.

Now this is a perfect example of lack of effective moderation.

The personal posts should have been culled and the thread kept to the topic, which was a good one.
Now it's totaly off the rails and needs locking. :mad:

Hardly what you'd call interesting debate.

This is the part of this whole discussion I just don't get. Why does every post have to be intellectual, serious and thought provoking? That's what the S&C board is for.

What's wrong with just having a chat and a laugh about nothing?

Originally posted by Frodo
Now this is a perfect example of lack of effective moderation.

The personal posts should have been culled and the thread kept to the topic, which was a good one.
Now it's totaly off the rails and needs locking. :mad:

My apologies y'all....Frodo you are right

Good question Craig, and i'd be curious to see a response from one of the "intellectuals"?

And like i said, how about contributing an interesting debate topic instead of just whinging about them?

See this is the thing. There is a serious lack of people starting threads on that board. And when you ask why, the answer is that the thread simply gets bagged, and the thread starter... its no wonder people dont contribute, and we end up with crap threads.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem With BigFooty

but I don't recall mentioning any names, it was a "general" observation on the current state of the boards.

Haha, a "general" observation :eek:

Care to make anymore "general" observations?

Originally posted by TigerCraig
This is the part of this whole discussion I just don't get. Why does every post have to be intellectual, serious and thought provoking? That's what the S&C board is for.

What's wrong with just having a chat and a laugh about nothing?

There's nothing wrong with general chat I have no probs with it - christ I do it - HOWEVER - there is a lot of stuff that could be done via pm, msn, email, chat room or the like.

It's the endless number of personal posts that turns people away. Bigfooty used to actually be an entertaining community to be a part of, I guess we all enjoyed it and miss having that avenue of release.

Originally posted by BluesBabe666

See this is the thing. There is a serious lack of people starting threads on that board. And when you ask why, the answer is that the thread simply gets bagged, and the thread starter... its no wonder people dont contribute, and we end up with crap threads.
I agree, this place would almost be dead without threads. Like I said if people don't like BB666's or Blues_Angel's threads then don't bother replying or opening them up. Stop whinging and bickering on and start creating your own threads then, show a little respect.

I give this forum the respect it deserves... None. My reason you ask? I believe we shouldn't take any of the issues on BF too seriously and its all bit of a pi sstake on my part and I suspect, others.
For once we agree.
Not that I want to enter a slanging match but I would back my class over your's anyday.
Pffft.. class. You're a Collingwood supporter. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back