Multiplat The Quarry

Remove this Banner Ad

The production values of Until Dawn were great but I found the pace too slow, I.e. it was frustrating not to be able to move the player-character faster through the environment. It affected my experience probably more than it should’ve.

I’ll still give this game a crack, though, as I love the genre in general.

Started this last night. These types of games are so engaging. Loving this genre.

Hope we keep getting these types of games.

I'm still a little unsure as to whether I enjoyed this or not. I definitely prefer Until Dawn.

I managed to keep most of the main characters alive. Abbi died because I didn't have the balls to shoot Nick. I was too slow to pull the trigger with Kaitlin and she died. I accidentally flucked up and left Jacob in the cages and he eventually died.

Chapter 1 I was absolutely hooked and I felt as the game went on my interest dwindled and dwindled.

The lack of ending at the end - just which characters survived and which ones didn't severely disappointed me.

All I know is I wanted to put a bullet into the cops head all game and I never got the chance. I wanted Laura to survive the most but probably enjoyed Emma's parts of the game the most.

Solid without being amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly recommend as a co-op experience. Good game with some genuinely funny writing.

Tip: characters in this series tend to have redemption arcs. You can kill them early if you want but you might miss out on some fun character development.

I watched a few different playthroughs on twitch and enjoyed it.

Some of the writing is rough though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Playing this via PS+ freebie at the moment. I’m up to chapter 3 and must say that it’s incredibly painful. There’s far too much talking and too little gameplay - the dialogue is horrendous and the characters speak like they’re 13 - genuine cringe.

Playing this via PS+ freebie at the moment. I’m up to chapter 3 and must say that it’s incredibly painful. There’s far too much talking and too little gameplay - the dialogue is horrendous and the characters speak like they’re 13 - genuine cringe.
I purchased it for $55 because I loved until dawn and the reviews seemed decent.
I played 2 hours and completely hated all of the characters.
And the week after I lashed out $55 it was put on PS plus…..

Might almost be the time to re-play this. Was certainly not as good as Until Dawn but I enjoy these games. I've forgotten most of the story anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back