Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies night at the laundromat tonight, two whole dryers going when I walked in, not a person to be found, so, started my washing, browsed around for things like breadmakers, things to cut other things and a random of "I miss my transformers toys, what can I find..." and in walks contestant #1.

fat honey boo boo GIF

Dressed all in black carrying a tiny basket, she walks to the dryer and her phone rings. Granted, wasn't paying enough attention to the convo but after the "hello" she drops her basket and buggers off outside for 10 minutes. I say 10 minutes because my washing had all of 12 minutes left at that stage, with about 1 minute left, still on the phone, she walks in, unloads both dryers, without breaking stride, phone to ear gossiping holding basket and out the door she goes.

Well, that was interesting, think it was time for music at that point whilst I switched to drying as I now had soggy clothes in my own.

Rather uneventful after that, everyone relatively fully clothed, just walking in empty handed walking out with one of pizza boxes or paper that contained fish & chips, meanwhile Gunners turned into Survivor into Whitesnake on the rando music playing and me ruminating on if I could be bothered cooking dinner (spoiler: I could not) and outside;

blue arrested development GIF

Yet another woman, this time just average but in blue jacket, blue pants, blue hair, blue bag, blue shirt parks her white with blue trim 4WD and steps out, stumbles up to the footpath to the shop, and she walks out with... wait for it...

Waaaait for it....

Winfield original Blues.

Walks back to her 4WD and buggers off.

Anyway tldr: pilates paying off for the 4/5pmers, hell if I know if it's a 1 or 2 hours sesh, anyway, yogapants aplenty and some firm tushes running away from that door.

I remember back in the day, i'd go to a laudromat on like a wednesday night in footascray.
It was alway empty, i'd bring stubbies or a bottle of wine, battery cassette player, blasting out Accadacca or Yes or pink floyd or .....could have been anything.

I'd be sitting reading a book. Nothing ever happened.

Eventually i bought a washing machine on trading post

I remember back in the day, i'd go to a laudromat on like a wednesday night in footascray.
It was alway empty, i'd bring stubbies or a bottle of wine, battery cassette player, blasting out Accadacca or Yes or pink floyd or .....could have been anything.

Back in the day, I'm talking early 90's, we did have a washer and dryer, still got the plumbing for it, just the fam got rid of both then used the laundromat as a reason to get out of the house.

I still have things to do to get that back as right now a freezer is there, when really that freezer should be outside, but outside is a mess and not really covered, so, fix things first then get things that are fancy is the current play, especially when it's 1/3 ownership and the other two are umming and aahing about things.

So, I'll take what an hour and a bit and maybe $15 per weekish in laundry at present.

ANZAC round fills me with mixed emotions these days.

My best mate is ex navy and served on the patrol boats in Darwin.

He's told me some of the stories and how awful the Navy at the time was.

This is someone who I've known for his entire life wanting to serve in the navy.

He's never once worn his service medals in civilian life

Art for one random person - I remember back in the day I made an artwork consisting of a large vintage child's soft toy clown purchased from an op shop, which I nailed to also vintage curtain rods in T - formation as a kind of an updated vision of Jesus Christ on the cross. I left it late at night, upright in the centre agitator of a washing machine with it's lid up in a laundrymat near Moorabbin Train Station at Easter, I had never been into this laundry mat before or since. I was 18 at the time. I was acting alone. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Last edited:
It's amazing how many of the fans who have become disgruntled so quickly were possibly the same fans heralding his return and delighting in Ross bringing an uncompromising, brutal and demanding style back. And all this against the backdrop of modern coaching styles being the caring, sharing Ted Laso and Craig McCrae trend.

The bottom line is it would be near dam impossible to be successful in any leadership type role during the Trumpism era of mankind.
FMD it is amazing how much Trump lives in people's head rent free.

I see so many people have a borderline obsession with everything Trump. My dad is in the same category. The supermarket is out of milk it will be a Trump related issue.

I am no Trump supporter, just find it fascinating how obsessed people are. Meanwhile, the current president is weeing himself, can't even talk, is regularly sniffing kids like an absolute creep, has a heroin fueled son doing dodgy deals for the "big guy", and it garners no attention whatsoever.

Strange times indeed.

FMD it is amazing how much Trump lives in people's head rent free.

I see so many people have a borderline obsession with everything Trump. My dad is in the same category. The supermarket is out of milk it will be a Trump related issue.

I am no Trump supporter, just find it fascinating how obsessed people are. Meanwhile, the current president is weeing himself, can't even talk, is regularly sniffing kids like an absolute creep, has a heroin fueled son doing dodgy deals for the "big guy", and it garners no attention whatsoever.

Strange times indeed.
Recruitment video

Last edited:
Anyone else watch the Fallout series?

Went in to it extremely skeptical, even with all the positive hype around it - a good series these days is rare, not to mention a video game adaptation.

But I have to say, I actually genuinely enjoyed it. I don't know how good it would come across to somebody not familiar with the franchise, but I was really impressed with how true they were to the world - just a shame it was the 'Bethesda' version of the universe and not more like the originals. But, everything from the sets to the brands of cereal and the cartoons on the TV were on-point within the universe. The Pip Boys and PC Terminals were particularly impressive.

Characters were good, at first I wasn't a fan but they grew on me and felt convincing in the end - not like other shows that try to make everybody perfect and likeable. Recommend giving it a watch if it's something you might be interested in.

Seen the first 2 eps, not big on Fallout lore and such as that's more the sisters cup of tea, either way, it seems alright without being outstanding really. All I know is, it's better than her other recommendation of Rebel Moon, as I kinda laughed all the way through that one.

ANZAC round fills me with mixed emotions these days.

My best mate is ex navy and served on the patrol boats in Darwin.

He's told me some of the stories and how awful the Navy at the time was.

This is someone who I've known for his entire life wanting to serve in the navy.

He's never once worn his service medals in civilian life
Mixed bag I guess, my father in law was regular navy as was my wife’s uncle and my cousin was US navy. Now I’m talking active service during Vietnam and other conflicts, not a bad word between them. This will be my father in-laws last Anzac day as he has mesothelioma due to his service.

I remember my great grandfathers who spoke about their service as anzacs and my father who rarely if ever spoke about the war in the pacific as a US serviceman. Anyway I celebrate their service on Anzac Day and remember the fallen, nobody ever said it was a hobbit walking tour.

Anyone else watch the Fallout series?

Went in to it extremely skeptical, even with all the positive hype around it - a good series these days is rare, not to mention a video game adaptation.

But I have to say, I actually genuinely enjoyed it. I don't know how good it would come across to somebody not familiar with the franchise, but I was really impressed with how true they were to the world - just a shame it was the 'Bethesda' version of the universe and not more like the originals. But, everything from the sets to the brands of cereal and the cartoons on the TV were on-point within the universe. The Pip Boys and PC Terminals were particularly impressive.

Characters were good, at first I wasn't a fan but they grew on me and felt convincing in the end - not like other shows that try to make everybody perfect and likeable. Recommend giving it a watch if it's something you might be interested in.
I loved it, very well done imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back