Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened?
Down to 10 men one of our players tried holding up the goalie, who then threw an elbow which hit our player in the face. Said player falls over and the keeper gets sent off, Brisbane had made all their subs so a defender had to stop the pen which we scored.

One of their coaches kinghit one of ours in the players race post game.

Down to 10 men one of our players tried holding up the goalie, who then threw an elbow which hit our player in the face. Said player falls over and the keeper gets sent off, Brisbane had made all their subs so a defender had to stop the pen which we scored.

One of their coaches kinghit one of ours in the players race post game.
latest

What happened?
Probably best you watch the vision as my description won't do it justice.

Brisbane goalkeeper Theo fumbled a simple ball after a corner, so a few of our players ran towards the ball... including McGowan from behind, who appeared to make clumsy contact, grabbing Theo's arm, who swung back his elbow & connected with McGowan. Thought McGowan had given away free but referee red carded Theo & awarded Reds winning penalty.

Some sort of day though, none of the sides did it the easy way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to back finals, baby.

After years and years of embarrassment it's so nice to be consistently competitive. Our batting has been poor the second half of the season but I rate Weatherald, Head, Lehmann and Carey. They are better than what they've shown.

Those three plus Dalton, Ferguson and Cooper is hopefully the making of an extremely good top seven. Most are young too so it should be the base for a prolonged era of success.

Do need to find some quicks to develop behind our Big 3. Also need Zampa to keep improving. Thought he was much more penetrating this season.

Yeah baby

We cross to our roving reporter 1970crow for a pitch report

Another sinking, effing hot day ere in Alice Springs. The pitch is dry and cracked like the rest of us. I'm going home to my pool and aircon, you won't be hearing from me again.

A good mate from golf prepares that pitch, any requests.

Another sinking, effing hot day ere in Alice Springs. The pitch is dry and cracked like the rest of us. I'm going home to my pool and aircon, you won't be hearing from me again.

A good mate from golf prepares that pitch, any requests.
Like the ironing lady said . ' I love seamers'

Back to back finals, baby.

After years and years of embarrassment it's so nice to be consistently competitive. Our batting has been poor the second half of the season but I rate Weatherald, Head, Lehmann and Carey. They are better than what they've shown.

Those three plus Dalton, Ferguson and Cooper is hopefully the making of an extremely good top seven. Most are young too so it should be the base for a prolonged era of success.

Do need to find some quicks to develop behind our Big 3. Also need Zampa to keep improving. Thought he was much more penetrating this season.
Big 4? Richo took a nice number of shield wickets this season also. And Putland is good when fit.

4 fast bowlers is enough given none are likely for higher honours and Zampa looks like he's improving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back