The rise and rise of Jared Brennan. Next stop: EliteTown

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There is almost no other player in our entire squad I would prefer with ball in hand. This guy is an absolute gun and fast approaching sub-elite status in the league. What he does in traffic is amazing - no one should be able to do what he does. His disposal has improved out of sight as the years have progressed, but what impresses me the most is his workrate.

I love him in the centre as he is one of the few that can regularly win the hard ball time and time again, but his hunger in the ruck against blokes 6 inches taller than him is incredible. There are very few who can play most positions on a football field, and even fewer who can play them as well as JBizz. Most versatile player in the game? He would be a close second if he wasn't.

Criticised for years for his inconsistency (and perhaps related to his versatility), Brennan has become one of our most consistent performers over the past 18-24 months. He is easily one of our most important players, probably surpassed only by the skipper and Black.

If he played down south he would have ballads written about him. Instead he remarkably still gets labelled with the "inconsistent" tag by those who have clearly seen him play 3 times since 2006. It's actually becoming laughable actually. However, I think the reputation is slowly starting to catch up with performance.

We must do whatever we can to keep the GC's greasy paws off him. There's a reason he's on top of their hit list.

There are very few who can play most positions on a football field, and even fewer who can play them as well as JBizz. Most versatile player in the game? He would be a close second if he wasn't.

Goodes and Pavlich... but Brennan can now be mentioned in the same breath.

Would it be fair to say his 7 goal humping of Collingwood was a bit of a turning point for him? Definitely hasn't seem to have looked back from that game.

Me and my brother decided preseason that a permanent move to the midfield would see him enter the elite bracket, possibly before the end of this year. He's certainly on track.:thumbsu:

I forgot to put money on him for the Brownlow, then remembered after round 1, how fortunate! How short lived that bet was.:eek: (Still think the suspension was rubbish...)

10 inside 50's, and 10 contested possessions on the weekend. What was his clearance count?

The man is a machine.

He needs to be our highest priority signing with Rischa. Would be devastated to lose him, would put us back to square one (Relying on Black) in terms of clearances.

He said after the win on Saturday night that it's a pleasure to play with the boys. Lets hope it's enough to keep him at the club. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said after the win on Saturday night that it's a pleasure to play with the boys. Lets hope it's enough to keep him at the club. :thumbsu:

cant see him leaving. from the outside seems like he's happy and is a bloke who's genuinely enjoying his footy and is excited to be part of what lies ahead for our great club.

I have been waiting for this for a long time!!! Always new it would happen in the end, so much skill, he is well and truly magic!!!

Its official I have a man crush :p

GO BRENNAN :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

who else is out of contract other than Riska? we needed to keep Harding on a one year deal last year and send him away to play with Hunt as our free agent.

Loved in his radio interview too how he was most excited by the new guys: Banfield, Rockliff, Polks and Redden. He went on to describe that they bring really honest efforts and that's a Vossy trait. I don't think he's going anywhere.

I'll be interested to see if he can maintain his focus and form, particularly on the road. At the clip he's going I can't see why not.

I hoped J-Bizzle would be as good as Darryl White. I think he now is and could possibly be better.

He needs to be our highest priority signing with Rischa. Would be devastated to lose him, would put us back to square one (Relying on Black) in terms of clearances.

Couldn't agree more. Rischa and Brennan were outstanding. Sign them both up asap. I'd be filthy if we let these two go. Brennan will go close to B&F this year. He was making some of the dogs quality players look foolish on saturday night. Both in career best form. I think Brennan can get even better too. Thriving under Voss. Just let him rip Vossy.

I hoped J-Bizzle would be as good as Darryl White. I think he now is and could possibly be better.

On current form he is a fair way ahead of White.

I really liked Brennan's interview after the game. He's really come a long way in how he articulates himself and his knowledge of the game and team.

Playing brilliant football at the moment and I would be willing to put money on him making AA at the end of the year if he keeps up his form.

I traded Brennan in to my SC and DT teams in exchange for Riewoldt. Great move, I reckon. :thumbsu:

I really liked Brennan's interview after the game. He's really come a long way in how he articulates himself and his knowledge of the game and team.

Playing brilliant football at the moment and I would be willing to put money on him making AA at the end of the year if he keeps up his form.

I traded Brennan in to my SC and DT teams in exchange for Riewoldt. Great move, I reckon. :thumbsu:

At the start of the year, I chose him over Pavlich. Thought my ballsy move was paying off, until Roo went down and I had to bring Pav in anyway.:p

Still, averaging 114 to Pav's 108, and was 54k cheaper. Best thing is, the ignorant Vics still think he's Mr. Inconsistent, so only 4.4% of coaches have him.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back