Win Prizes The Scales Award for Essendon Board Poster Of The Year- CONGRATULATIONS LANCE UPPERCUT!

Who is the most worthy recipient of the The Scales Award for the Essendon Board POTY for 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone.

With news of The Scales' tragic and untimely passing coming through yesterday, it was realised it was completely appropriate that we find some ways to pay tribute to him.

Ultimately, IggypopsTshirt suggested the idea of naming the POTY award after him in perpetuity first, and it was just perfect. As an initial gesture, anyway.

Iggy, you're owed a beer at some point for that.

We haven't worked out the design yet, but the badge that will be affixed to the profile of the winner of this will also have a set of scales on it, as a further little nod to the man.

So, we've had the nomination thread and we had some very good and worthy names nominated, and it's now time to choose one to be crowned as the Essendon Board Poster Of The Year for 2014. A couple ground rules:

1) only the votes of Essendon fans count; others will be discounted
2) you can only vote for one nomineee
3) The poll will be open for a week; so it will shut on the morning of Friday, December 12.
4) not that I expect this to be a problem, but play nice please

There's no changing your vote- once you've hit submit, that's it. So make sure you look down the list at every candidate before voting.

Vote away!

Going to be a tight one this year.

Love the way The Scales is being honoured. I'm sure HIMH (pretty sure he got a name change) will make a fitting badge.
He's VelvetSledge now.

And yes, I'm sure he can be persuaded. ;)

It was really close for me between Jack, Yoda and Bruno but I've gone with Jack because as someone interstate his opinions on drafting and the reserves were especially helpful.

All three are very deserving regardless.

Lance is a very reasonable poster, especially when it comes to the ASADA stuff.

60sbomber has also been very good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in our final 37 hours of this poll being open.

So if you haven't voted already and you're an Essendon supporter, do so before it's too late.
Yes, it's not too late for me to buy your vote...

I had to go Lance Uppercut

Man, that cracker just keeps coming up with posts that keep speaking "logic" from the HTB, our own threads and others on BF.

It's easy enough to keep a level head on one board, but to lose your head elsewhere. Kudos on a level playing field across all boards - that bring respect and discussion across may different personalities as is Big Footy.

In the talking up as EFC POTY - but maybe I should be going for BF POTY, as he has been solid, no matter where you look.

Edit - He's not on his Pat Malone. Respect to all other posters fighting the battle with the posters on the HTB and elsewhere on the board.

How am I not ****ing slaying the field here? I should have about 600 votes by now!

I'm a pretty good judge of character, and I gotta tell you, I'm the smartest, wittiest, regal, and most devilishly handsome son of a bitch here.

I can only assume some sort of AFL-esque mod tampering has occurred to rob me of my destined glory atop the Essendon board mountain. I was gonna climb that s**t like Pride Rock and bask in the adoration that was rightfully mine as your leader and king. Trumpets would have sounded, strings played and many a tear would have been shed at the pure ****ing awesomeness of it all.

What the hell is a Lance? Who puts a V at the end of their name? Can somebody get me Ed Sheerans autograph? This guy right here doesn't need no hyphens or hieroglyphics in his name. JADE - it just pops. Put that s**t up in neon lights and watch the ladies come running.

Spirit fingers bitches.

Congratulations to Lance Uppercut. I think he may now be a two time winner of this award. He deserves the award for his patience and cutting wit on the cesspool that is the HTB.

Back