Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Most AFL fans are frustrated by how long the performance enhancing drugs issue is taking - not sure there is anything in ASADA interviewing the NRL players from the Cronulla Sharks before our guys.

ASADA's investigation into alleged doping practices at NRL club Cronulla has stalled, with lawyers from both sides at loggerheads over how much information players are required to divulge.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/asada-postpones-cronulla-player-interviews-20130429-2io9t.html#ixzz2RqPzAWy4

The Sharks players are doing the hard work for ALL footy players regardless of code.

No joy here for Bombers fans ... what happens in Sydney will telegraph what can be expected when ASADA comes to downtown Melbourne (sometime soon?)

Most AFL fans are frustrated by how long the performance enhancing drugs issue is taking - not sure there is anything in ASADA interviewing the NRL players from the Cronulla Sharks before our guys.

ASADA's investigation into alleged doping practices at NRL club Cronulla has stalled, with lawyers from both sides at loggerheads over how much information players are required to divulge.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/asada-postpones-cronulla-player-interviews-20130429-2io9t.html#ixzz2RqPzAWy4

The Sharks players are doing the hard work for ALL footy players regardless of code.

No joy here for Bombers fans ... what happens in Sydney will telegraph what can be expected when ASADA comes to downtown Melbourne (sometime soon?)
Apparently theyre going after the most likely successful cases first ;)

funny. Given it's "facts" that:

a) AOD is illegal, and
b) Essendon have admitted to using it

I can't believe they aren't banning Essendon tomorrow instead of wasting time with Cronulla. And what's with the legal arguments? They have the wrong prosecutors there obviously.

Needs moar google

Wouldn't read to much in to it either way, ASADA will take the time they need to build the strongest case they can. Also will interview people on multiple times and hope to catch them in a lie (if there is one).

Wouldn't read to much in to it either way, ASADA will take the time they need to build the strongest case they can. Also will interview people on multiple times and hope to catch them in a lie (if there is one).
I agree mate, I'm just satirising the state of debate on this board.

It means sfa

question. did Demetriou play the wrong hand.

with Evans and trying to get the best possible deal in Canberra, were they pitting themselves unwittingly against NSW and north of the border. Would it not be a better strategy to combine and marshal resources with ARU and NRL and the players union(s) and getting a different code like the North American professional sport league)s)

cos this is NOT about Geelong, or GWS, or Gold Coast, or Essendon. If anyone has not realised this does not stop on a discrete club domain. its all.

would a better strategy have been getting their ducks in a line, and going to Lundy as a bloc.

have to think so.

with Evans and trying to get the best possible deal in Canberra, were they pitting themselves unwittingly against NSW and north of the border. Would it not be a better strategy to combine and marshal resources with ARU and NRL and the players union(s) and getting a different code like the North American professional sport league)s)

cos this is NOT about Geelong, or GWS, or Gold Coast, or Essendon. If anyone has not realised this does not stop on a discrete club domain. its all.

would a better strategy have been getting their ducks in a line, and going to Lundy as a bloc.

have to think so.

Would have been interesting to see this pan out if Gillon took the NRL job.

have to think so.

Are you suggesting a sweetheart deal from Kate even absolution from the good Senator - would the public cop that?
You have got be kiddin' !!

Are you suggesting a sweetheart deal from Kate even absolution from the good Senator - would the public cop that?

AWB enquiry, Iraq war justification, remember the goanna, was that ever pursued? How about the minister for everything? Werner Reiterer or Elka Graham allegations, were they ever pursued?

The public has a short attention span, as long as it's presented right you can get passed the initial hump, after that people soon move on and all is forgotten, even if deep down they know it's all garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no. I am suggesting, going like the pro leagues in America, and having a different drug testing regime that suits their purposes, and is not responsible to report to WADA, or any body in Quebec or Switzerland or wherever they reside.

I think the leagues, as one, I am talking Australian leagues, would have had the power. Then you employ Dank* to do your communications, because he was beating everyone hands down even when (I assume) they had professionals and crisis management communications pros on hand.

*so it was only half facetious. just not sure which half

AWB enquiry, Iraq war justification, remember the goanna, was that ever pursued? How about the minister for everything? Werner Reiterer or Elka Graham allegations, were they ever pursued?

The public has a short attention span, as long as it's presented right you can get passed the initial hump, after that people soon move on and all is forgotten, even if deep down they know it's all garbage.

I agree with this. I do not think it would be insurmountable. we are a sporting nation. if this is in the benefit (or so we are told) and told how N American sport manages their athletes, and our athletes are nice blokes who you can and could have a beer with, they would never dope... I think this would be easy to play on the political stage.

do you mean Packer re: Goanna?

The AFL only agreed to WADA rules to access $s from the Feds.

West Coast copped a bollocking for a drugs culture yet some want to excuse a performance enhancing drugs culture - yes/no. No way is my reaction.

Goanna/Packer : one & the same, not a scintilla of evidence & Kerry made a Senate committee look like a naughty bunch of pre schoolers trying to act like high school bullies.

Goanna/Packer : one & the same, not a scintilla of evidence & Kerry made a Senate committee look like a naughty bunch of pre schoolers trying to act like high school bullies.

I know that part.

I still think the leagues if they combined, could get a much better term(s) like US leagues. It is all about managing the media. The sports press are not journalists.

I find it quite amusing that those who have gone to the trouble of actually learning as much as they can about WADA/ASADA, drug codes, peptides, etc are being ridiculed by Essendon fans.

Obviously they prefer ignorance when discussing these sort of issues.

More importantly, those attitudes reflect those inside the footy clubs concerned.

The Weapon delivered at Manly, and at Geelong, and he was expected to deliver at Essendon.

Exactly how he delivered, and the difference between alpha-thymosin-1 and beta-thymosin-4 ... people like James Hird and Lance_Uppercut dont really care about that.

More importantly, those attitudes reflect those inside the footy clubs concerned.

The Weapon delivered at Manly, and at Geelong, and he was expected to deliver at Essendon.

Exactly how he delivered, and the difference between alpha-thymosin-1 and beta-thymosin-4 ... people like James Hird and Lance_Uppercut dont really care about that.

I think Lance Uppercut cares about a more rigorous assessment in the context of all 18 clubs and the afl. I don't think he would consider Essendon to be different from Carlton in terms of their Elliott era cap diversion equivalent to drugs, but should get a pass on Dank. This issue is not about Dank and Hird, and the media have not adequately presented this.

*caveat. Carlton may just have been more egregious when everyone was subverting cap. you are within scope to argue on this point wrt windy hill.

I think Lance Uppercut cares about a more rigorous assessment in the context of all 18 clubs and the afl. I don't think he would consider Essendon to be different from Carlton in terms of their Elliott era cap diversion equivalent to drugs, but should get a pass on Dank. This issue is not about Dank and Hird, and the media have not adequately presented this.

*caveat. Carlton may just have been more egregious when everyone was subverting cap. you are within scope to argue on this point wrt windy hill.

Bullshit.

Lance_Uppercut is primarily concerned at with bullying anyone who disagrees with him into silence.

For how successful such systematic bullying can be, see the case of Doc Reid at Essendon.

Correct weight. I'm glad some aren't so blind

Bullshit.

Lance_Uppercut is primarily concerned at with bullying anyone who disagrees with him into silence.

For how successful such systematic bullying can be, see the case of Doc Reid at Essendon.
Bullying? Oh how our victim culture has spread :D

There there diddums. Tell me more about how Hird is going to get done for trafficking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back