FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for posting. I’m on my third or fourth rewatch and really enjoying watching an episode and then reading the write-up. I did the same thing a couple years ago, but with the AV Club. I think this website is better. Some of his insights are brilliant.

One thing I haven’t seen written about much is what went wrong with AJ. Did Carmela coddle him too much? I think Tony said that in one episode. Neither knew how to punish him, they would always cave in and give him what he wanted. But they did the same thing with Meadow and she turned out OK. Would he have benefitted from going to military school, like Tony wanted? Or am I overthinking it and he was just an a-hole?

I just assumed he suffered from hereditary mental illness like his dad and his dad's family. Wouldn't have mattered what they did, it was his nature - it wasn't Meadows nature hence she turned out fine even though they nurtured her the same way.

Currently doing my 6th rewatch, GOAT TV show. Everytime I watch, I pick up on more stuff, not many TV shows offer that on repeat viewing
It really is great. As others have already said, Paulie was the best. Give me that episode with poison ivy any time

I always thought it was weird Tony comes home and just eats cold cuts from the fridge, now 20+ years later I do the same thing.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

It really is great. As others have already said, Paulie was the best. Give me that episode with poison ivy any time

I always thought it was weird Tony comes home and just eats cold cuts from the fridge, now 20+ years later I do the same thing.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished s4 e12 "Eloise" of my rewatch - great episode but some of the storylines of s4 feel a bit "b grade" compared to the rest of the series - Pauly Walnuts and the old ladies in particular.

The intervention scene with Christopher is hilarious, never get tired of watching that.

The music element was one of the reasons it such a brilliant show. David Chase made a point of asking for a huge budget with regards to this. Not many would have known about Chickentown or Ninna Ninna but they were great choices.
I reckon it’s the only show I‘ve watched from start to finish and never used the “skip intro” function or fast forwarded through the opening credits. Maybe Community. Though I’ll probably get reminded of plenty of others...

I reckon it’s the only show I‘ve watched from start to finish and never used the “skip intro” function or fast forwarded through the opening credits. Maybe Community. Though I’ll probably get reminded of plenty of others...
I had it as a ring tone for a few years

Just recorded off the surround sound

Remove this Banner Ad

Back