The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No election yet. Premier considering the demands of Tucker and Alexander!

I hope that Tucker's demand that we halt all AFL related projects until the PoSS process goes through is not accepted, would rather an early election. That would set the team back a long way.

I hope that Tucker's demand that we halt all AFL related projects until the PoSS process goes through is not accepted, would rather an early election. That would set the team back a long way.
That would give the anti people more chance of stopping an AFL team.

I can't see Rockliff compromising anything to do with AFL team.
There's to much momentum to bring it to a stand still.

Not necessarily.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see Rockliff compromising anything to do with AFL team.
There's to much momentum to bring it to a stand still.
John Tucker released a statement a short time ago saying that the premier has given him a guarantee that construction of the high performance centre won't begin until the POSS is complete. This means the centre's construction won't be completed by early 2026 like was originally planned.

John Tucker released a statement a short time ago saying that the premier has given him a guarantee that construction of the high performance centre won't begin until the POSS is complete. This means the centre's construction won't be completed by early 2026 like was originally planned.
It's not a total compromise.
Read my post above. Will most likely only affect VFL academies etc.

I hate that obese prick for treating everyone with contempt who has dreamt and fought for this club for 30+ years. Could be solutions-focussed, but instead resorting to negative politics to try and build a name for himself. Hope at the next election he gets tossed to the scrap heap where he belongs.

I hate that obese prick for treating everyone with contempt who has dreamt and fought for this club for 30+ years. Could be solutions-focussed, but instead resorting to negative politics to try and build a name for himself. Hope at the next election he gets tossed to the scrap heap where he belongs.

John Turkey neck Tucker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a total compromise.
Read my post above. Will most likely only affect VFL academies etc.
It would of been good to get has much work on these things complete as soon as possible though, so it would make it harder to stop.
There wont be any work on the high performance centre until after the project of state signicance though?
That's right,so it won't be ready until probably 2027 now instead of March 2026.

It would of been good to get has much work on these things complete as soon as possible though, so it would make it harder to stop.
That's right,so it won't be ready until probably 2027 now instead of March 2026.
Absolute failure from the premier. Another year of turmoil for what? No close to anything being constructed.

For those who have been following the stadium issues closer than me the last 6 or 8 months, and especially those who live in Hobart, how does the The Dean Coleman Group proposal play into the upcoming election campaign, and does anyone know what the AFL really think of it??

I said it when the initial stadium renders and specs came out in 2022 I think, and it showed a stadium with part of it built hanging over the Derwent River, and I'll keep repeating it, don't do a bloody Docklands and only have 200mm of grass and soil and a bit of sand on a cement base, otherwise you will get the same shit result as Docklands. You can't get deep roots for the grass, there is no real heat retained in 200mm of soil on a cold concrete base and there isn't enough soil biology ie worms and other critters to help with growth of the grass.

For those who have been following the stadium issues closer than me the last 6 or 8 months, and especially those who live in Hobart, how does the The Dean Coleman Group proposal play into the upcoming election campaign, and does anyone know what the AFL really think of it??

I said it when the initial stadium renders and specs came out in 2022 I think, and it showed a stadium with part of it built hanging over the Derwent River, and I'll keep repeating it, don't do a bloody Docklands and only have 200mm of grass and soil and a bit of sand on a cement base, otherwise you will get the same s**t result as Docklands. You can't get deep roots for the grass, there is no real heat retained in 200mm of soil on a cold concrete base and there isn't enough soil biology ie worms and other critters to help with growth of the grass.

Watching from the cheap seats in the outer it looks to me as if 2.0 worked with the parties who are going to be affected by such a predominant project (RSL,Regatta Association & HCC) to seek some sort of support and agreement before announcing their plans whereas the governments stadium they just said this is where it’s going to be and this will be the process with no consultation,plans or negotiations

Watching from the cheap seats in the outer it looks to me as if 2.0 worked with the parties who are going to be affected by such a predominant project (RSL,Regatta Association & HCC) to seek some sort of support and agreement before announcing their plans whereas the governments stadium they just said this is where it’s going to be and this will be the process with no consultation,plans or negotiations

True, but it also looks like the 2.0 group are there to do the rest of the development, and consider the stadium the price they have to pay to get the access to do that.

True, but it also looks like the 2.0 group are there to do the rest of the development, and consider the stadium the price they have to pay to get the access to do that.

That’s 100% what they’re there to do. Dean Coleman had previously tried to get development there that’s why a lot of the soil testing, surveying and plans were already accessible in such detail. But it was knocked back but having the government stadium announced it made it possible to reignite and add extras like the rsl museum

I also read somewhere the 2.0 ground size will be bigger to a similar size as mcg

According to this article the premier is worried about the taxpayer being lumped with the cost of the whole project if something goes wrong

dfe3a95bc0e963c76a1ee44817f4dacf.jpg

According to this article the premier is worried about the taxpayer being lumped with the cost of the whole project if something goes wrong

dfe3a95bc0e963c76a1ee44817f4dacf.jpg
So that will mean private investors have to pick up any cost runs which is redicolous. It seems they are not interested in stadium 02 even though it already has three major parties signed up to go including Macquarie bank, so I think he is potentially going to walk away from a great alternative there. The other thing is how does it work when he has already signed the contract with the AFL and that clearly states the Tasmanian government pays for any cost overruns.

They get to control if there will be a team playing there....that gives them some influence.

They have no other realistic option except yes..the afl wont back out but they want to pretend they will.

The Stadium!

Back