Mega Thread The Suspended 12- who stays and who goes- DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Who do you expect to be at Essendon in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Petracca are replaceable. Hurley is a KPD and one of the best we've had over the past few decades. Not as easy to replace.
IF we aren't going to win a flag in the next 5 years THEN perhaps hooker (Ambrose) & Hartley can hold down the posts down back for the time being while we use Hurley's value in a trade to secure the talent we can develop for a flag down the track.

How can there be any news (positive or negative) if they're both away? I mean yes it's 2016 and there's the obvious email/call but I'm talking about a legitimate I'm staying or going decision.

Wasn't it pretty clear that no real news would be clear until they returned?

IF we aren't going to win a flag in the next 5 years THEN perhaps hooker (Ambrose) & Hartley can hold down the posts down back for the time being while we use Hurley's value in a trade to secure the talent we can develop for a flag down the track.
Screw that as well. We get our players back and draft well, we should be thinking flag ASAP. The foundations are there.

How can there be any news (positive or negative) if they're both away? I mean yes it's 2016 and there's the obvious email/call but I'm talking about a legitimate I'm staying or going decision.

I think yaco made a good point - the longer it goes on...

My gut still says Hurley wil stay, but in regards to "he's on holiday" it isn't as if the situation has only sprang up all of a sudden.

I think yaco made a good point - the longer it goes on...

My gut still says Hurley wil stay, but in regards to "he's on holiday" it isn't as if the situation has only sprang up all of a sudden.

Yeah mate, I hear you. After reading the article that was put up I got a better perspective on it.

Maybe I have my bomber filters on but as with 99% of all news on the situation, this article really has no new information. It still raises the same questions with a slightly different twist. But that's me.

Still:
some people are angry
Is it about money?
We will expect to be nicely compensated if Hurley leaves

Yeah mate, I hear you. After reading the article that was put up I got a better perspective on it.

Maybe I have my bomber filters on but as with 99% of all news on the situation, this article really has no new information. It still raises the same questions with a slightly different twist. But that's me.

Still:
some people are angry
Is it about money?
We will expect to be nicely compensated if Hurley leaves

In compo pick?

Screw that as well. We get our players back and draft well, we should be thinking flag ASAP. The foundations are there.
Would've been great to have had a crack this season in such an open year with all our players and no distractions.

I've been openly pessimistic about the impact players coming back will have. Guess we'll see in time.

Would've been great to have had a crack this season in such an open year with all our players and no distractions.

I've been openly pessimistic about the impact players coming back will have. Guess we'll see in time.
It is fair enough. Better to show restraint than be out and out bonkers optimistic. I find myself yo-yoing between the two. That said, their is a lot to like with the young players coming through and the quality that is hopefully coming back.

So Connors is angry. Find it amazing that he had so many clients at Essendon and yet didn't know about the injections. I assume he didn't know or he would have given the players good advice and not have them. He'd hve to be completely blameless...surely?

Robbo has good sources within EFC so you have to take his story at face value. Interesting there is no mention of Staunton or Hewlett in the article. My guess is Stanton will stay but be no certainty to best 22. Howlett will stay unless he gets a better offer and Watson won't return.

I am happy if the club plays hard ball with the remaining players. They have been given every possible support imagine able from the club since the 2013.

Robbo has good sources within EFC so you have to take his story at face value. Interesting there is no mention of Staunton or Hewlett in the article. My guess is Stanton will stay but be no certainty to best 22. Howlett will stay unless he gets a better offer and Watson won't return.

I am happy if the club plays hard ball with the remaining players. They have been given every possible support imagine able from the club since the 2013.

Yep they need to make a decision soon the club needs to start preparing for the trade and draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clickbait...they want clicks regardless of truth

If Paul Connors is 'angry' at Essendon it should make zero difference. If he is a good manager he should be following his clients instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no room for emotion is business. Unfortunately that goes both ways. Personally, I'd like to see Connors shot out of a cannon.

you new here?
I've been told by some on here that Connors is the best because he gets the best price for his clients by touring/talking to other clubs, delaying contract talks, holding up the process (for lesser ranked footballers), threatening to leave, breaking contracts and going through the media. Who would have thought that David Cloke was a visionary?

Really don't want to lose Hurley. I imagine if it is the circling then Boyd could be part of the trade. Would much prefer Hurls.
I'd take Boyd and their first round pick honestly. If they paid most of his wages

Hurley, Hooker, Hepp, Colyer, Myers..those five alone are enough for me.
No Hurley? Well I can live with the 4 left and draft pick..easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back