Mega Thread The Suspended 12- who stays and who goes- DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Who do you expect to be at Essendon in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobe would be more exciting than Colyer and rival Hurley in that aspect. Stanton would be on par with Howlett so there's not a lot of proper warm-up signings left.

Howlett - I don't mind him but put the saga aside many of us would trade him so he fits into the not fussed category. Stanton is a club legend.

Clearly you have Howlett and Stanton at completely different ends of the spectrum, that's where we disagree.

Well Stanton has regularly featured in the top 5 of our best n fairest throughout his career whereas Howlett would be lucky to have cracked top 10 in any year. That's the reality of the comparison.

Well Stanton has regularly featured in the top 5 of our best n fairest throughout his career whereas Howlett would be lucky to have cracked top 10 in any year. That's the reality of the comparison.

I have no doubt he has done great things in his career but Stanton wouldn't be one of the biggest we could see go. He's on the replaceable end with Howlett. Not in terms of his career but in terms of how the list will take shape for 2017.

Jobe would be more exciting than Colyer and rival Hurley in that aspect. Stanton would be on par with Howlett so there's not a lot of proper warm-up signings left.

Even if he's already decided there won't be an announcement for Jobe until he's back in Australia ready to give an interview for Bomber TV.

Stanton is the most likely next signing as he's in the country and there has already been discussion from players and officials that it's pretty much a done deal for a while.

Na, you're not a lone voice. It just seems that way cos those reasonable who agree with you are not the ones going on and on about it

Well if he really wants to go i would be telling Conners to contact Brisbane if i was the Club. They have the dollars to pay what he wants and they will have pick 2.
What if his preferred club was... say Western Bulldogs?

Howlett would have to be in trouble you would imagine? Would have taken a contract that has been put in front of him but nothing as of yet makes me wonder if he will in fact be offerer a contract
All 12 have been offered a contract.

It's whether the contract is attractive enough or not that is the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am not opposed to giving hard deadlines to Hurley, Hibberd and Watson.

We need to start planning for 2017, courtesy of circumstance only stretches so far.

Don't make me laugh kelvin no player or pick is going to replace the quality of Hurley.

So you are saying Hurley is the number 1 player in the comp ? and also there will never be another player as good as Hurley again ?

If he goes it will be a big loss but we will get over it.

So you are saying Hurley is the number 1 player in the comp ? and also there will never be another player as good as Hurley again ?

If he goes it will be a big loss but we will get over it.
Any player is replaceable, i think the reason most supporters would be so devestated hurley and to an extent any of players yet to confirm they are returning leave, is that the hope that we will be in the 8 and hopefully in the mix over the next few years is greatly diminished and the more likely a rebuild will be necessary in the short term.

Any player is replaceable, i think the reason most supporters would be so devestated hurley and to an extent any of players yet to confirm they are returning leave, is that the hope that we will be in the 8 and hopefully in the mix over the next few years is greatly diminished and the more likely a rebuild will be necessary in the short term.

Personally i think we are still in need of a rebuild anyway. Yes we can make finals but we are still short of being a top 3 side.

I'd be devastated because Hurley is, IMO, the best defender in the league.

Howlett would have to be in trouble you would imagine? Would have taken a contract that has been put in front of him but nothing as of yet makes me wonder if he will in fact be offerer a contract
I think if I were Ben I'd be seriously considering my options before coming back.
There are guys out there playing this year that are better, younger & far more talented than he and quite frankly have taken his spot.
I'd be asking myself 'where do I fit in here?' and 'Can I play regular first team football at Essendon?'

IMO if he thinks he's going to be a regular 22 player, he's kidding himself. There's not much football left for Ben at the EFC.
I'd be getting my manager to talk to as many clubs as possible.

I think if I were Ben I'd be seriously considering my options before coming back.
There are guys out there playing this year that are better, younger & far more talented than he and quite frankly have taken his spot.
I'd be asking myself 'where do I fit in here?' and 'Can I play regular first team football at Essendon?'

IMO if he thinks he's going to be a regular 22 player, he's kidding himself. There's not much football left for Ben at the EFC.

Depends on the interest out there - if he can get a 2-3 year deal elsewhere and bombers are only offering one year then he would be mad to stay.

We are the 18th side in the comp. If he can't break into our 22...

We are the 18th side in the comp. If he can't break into our 22...

Yeah I hear what you're saying. For mine it's not about where we sit on the ladder. It's about how this club develops it's list appropriately.

Ben is a on ball foot soldier. He's not a defender. He's not a forward. He's not overly blessed with skill either.
So we could safely say he's not going eliminate anyone from a backline or forward line (no matter how dysfunctional). And given the talent within our midfield he's barely going to make a dent.

FWIW he may play the odd game here and there, but how does that help him? I can't see him getting much of a run. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back