The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit worried about that item next to the standing pitchfork.
Looks just a little......demonic. Careful there Eskie.

May pop over to Yosemite soon. Not going to free-solo El Capitan, but may take a photo or two....or three.
Probably some medieval torture tool
( now utilised by Carlton supporters on holiday :drunk:)
Sounds great harker Yosemite is spectacular I would recommend staying in the park, spotted a nice lodge near El Capitan

Probably some medieval torture tool
( now utilised by Carlton supporters on holiday :drunk:)
Sounds great harker Yosemite is spectacular I would recommend staying in the park, spotted a nice lodge near El Capitan

I know. I stayed there on one of my honeymoons. Even had a wolf come to out door. :)

Will never forget driving in after being in Death Valley a day earlier.
Had these weird sensations and then something beyond that....I could taste things and I didn't know what it was.
I could smell it and then I could taste it and I spent hours thereafter trying to figure what it was and then it hit me........It was Daisys sausage rolls.
Brought about tears bringing back all those childhood memories and have no idea how a smell/taste that wasn't even there in reality could open up the floodgates to so many memories. One of the best moments of my life.

09C2B2E4-8AA9-47F4-8D80-AE9C5BF0753B.jpeg
This is the ceiling of a mausoleum story goes Col Porter visited in in the 1920’s and he was so moved by the stars on the ceiling it inspired him to write night & day F78E68C7-7633-455B-9BED-B91BCF170F35.jpeg
I loved this one gorgeous birds

Of course we had a delicious lunch in a local trattoria... Trattoria La Rustica just out of the touristy area 9CEE07F3-2011-4624-97FE-0D33E295B65B.jpeg
Tortelli di Zucca alla Mantovana con Burro e Salvia with a glass of vino bianco
(Tortellini stuffed with pumpkin in butter & sage was more like a broth)

Needless to say we’re having a salad for dinner in our appartment ... walked 12km today pretty pooped but a wonderful day

Ciao

Last edited:
50329793-6FEA-4872-A308-8A6CA293B93F.jpeg 053B9127-DFAA-4DE3-BFE2-F176161702C1.jpeg 053B9127-DFAA-4DE3-BFE2-F176161702C1.jpeg
Some balsamico tasting today in Modena not your ordinary aged traditional above was up to 90 euro a bottle needless to say we skipped that,but tasted so good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremias - enjoy. Spain is one of my favourite places. So too southern France.

Thanks.

Flying into Madrid then onto A Coruna (have an event on there) then onto Bilbao, where we'll hire a car and make our way along the coast (staying in San Sebastian for a few nights) up to Bordeaux to meet a few mates who are living in London.

At this stage we're thinking San Juan de Gatzelugatxe (I'm a bit of a GoT nerd), Lekeitio, Hondarribia, Saint Jean-de-Luz, and maybe one of Biarritz/Bayonne.

Plenty of small towns to stop off at along the way, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Flying into Madrid then onto A Coruna (have an event on there) then onto Bilbao, where we'll hire a car and make our way along the coast (staying in San Sebastian for a few nights) up to Bordeaux to meet a few mates who are living in London.

At this stage we're thinking San Juan de Gatzelugatxe (I'm a bit of a GoT nerd), Lekeitio, Hondarribia, Saint Jean-de-Luz, and maybe one of Biarritz/Bayonne.

Was in Biarritz in the 80’s can’t remember much ...
But sounds like a great trip full report on your return thanks J

Thanks.

Sam Sebastian was my suggestion. I went in 2008 for the running of the bulls, and saw Pamplona/Bilbao. SAN Sebastian had a nice easy-going vibe, and delicious pub meals (tapas).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back