The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

What does son do in Canada . Job ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He likes the place. He has a job here and is on long leave without pay. Saved his money to experience living in another country. He’s got a personal French tutor at the moment so he’s trying to immerse himself in Montreal and what it offers.

He likes the place. He has a job here and is on long leave without pay. Saved his money to experience living in another country. He’s got a personal French tutor at the moment so he’s trying to immerse himself in Montreal and what it offers.

Great life experience. Kudos to him .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My son’s brief stopover has come to an end. Taking him to the Airport in the morning. Flies to LA where he will see his team the LA Kings against the Ducks and also LeBron James playing for the Lakers. Then back to Montreal where hopefully he will find some work to finance the rest of his stay.

Last edited:
My son’s brief stopover has come to an end. Taking him to the Airport in the morning. Flies to LA where he will see his team the LA Kings against the Ducks and also LeBron James playing for the Lakers. Then back to Montreal where hopefully he will find some work to finance the rest of his stay.

You miss them when they aren’t around.
My son is currently on deployment in the Middle East, doesn’t get back home until March. Is home (Darwin) for a few months then is off to the UK for 12 months to do his masters.
Don’t know when he is going to get time to make me that Grand Daughter I want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You miss them when they aren’t around.
My son is currently on deployment in the Middle East, doesn’t get back home until March. Is home (Darwin) for a few months then is off to the UK for 12 months to do his masters.
Don’t know when he is going to get time to make me that Grand Daughter I want.
Peace for you and your family.

This is a cautionary tale with a large portion of humour. Read it at your own risk.

My son is happily hanging out in Montreal in a share house. He’s demonstrating a commitment to fit in by having French lessons. Prior to his arrival in Montreal he passed through several of his favourite US cities visiting the local ball parks and watching the great American game.

In New York he attended a game and bought himself another bobble head. Some dude nicknamed Thor who plays for the Mets. He purchased some odds and ends for his family and took them all to the USPS, bought himself a cardboard box and mailed the contents to Australia. Or so he thought!!

He posted two parcels around the same time and the first arrived without a problem. “Where was the New York parcel?” I hear you ask.

My son finally checked the tracking and discovered his parcel had been sent Austria! Hands up who laughed. Who guessed the plot twist?

My son messaged me and I saw the funny side of the predicament. I asked him where it had been sent and he told me Vienna. I responded with “Oh, Vienna!” All I got was cricket chirrups.

It gets worse. When he contacted me his parcel had been to Austria then returned to the US and then re-sent to Austria. And the US leads the Free World. Someone in Austria displayed some initiative and re-routed it to Australia where it arrived intact today.
View attachment 552354
Well mostly intact.

These items survived.
View attachment 552350
Alas the Peach cup from the Nintendo shop didn’t.
View attachment 552351

Haha good story.

Reminds me of years ago when I was in India. Bought a bunch of little gifts. Scarf, perfume etc for my mums birthday.

In quite a smallish village up north. Take it to the post place and they wrap it in this cloth. Tie it with string then get me to write the address. Next thing they chuck it to the driver of the bus heading back fo the closest major city.

I was thinking "we will never see that again".

About 4 weeks later, Skype my mum. The package arrived!!

Could not believe it.

"Thanks for all the stuff... but what was with the Hard Rock Cafe tshirt"

"Huh.. what shirt"

She holds up shirt.

Turns out the package must have been opened somewhere and put all back together. Some stuff must have got mixed in with someone else's, and some mixed in with mine.

The little bottle of perfume thing was opened and arrived empty.

Ahh India. Love the organises madness there.

Just booked another holiday to Hawaii for next year.
Always wanted to visit Hawaii just havent yet. Sounds like an awesome holiday spot.

Expecting to see plenty of pics in this thread ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back