Opinion The Trump Presidency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't read the Bolt link then, he has turned more into a news aggregator these days (yes obviously news he agrees with).
I skimmed it.

Usual palaver, thinly veiled phobias, conclusions jumping, misconstruing and general shithattery from him to be honest.

Which is fine, my point, again, is lets short circuit the cycle of posting and counter posting overtly bias articles/blogs.

So what about all the times Obama had a gaggle without any opposing voices to get his word out through his safe journalists?
Where is the evidence of this? Thus far all I have seen is the granting of an interview (exactly what Trump did with Hannity and I have no problem with) kicking them off a plane and a private meeting with - by your own admission - a wide variety of political journalists

You seem to be focusing on the few times he invited a select few conservatives on one of these just like what happened the other day and saying what he did wasn't the same. I'm saying he did worse, wait til Trump starts having secret briefings to only Breitbart, The Daily Caller and Fox News, then let's see the faux outrage completely inconsistent with the previous 8 - 100 years of presidents doing this.
OK, pick a source from this list:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center/

That shows Obama secretly briefed only Liberal news sources and I'll denounce it.

Kicking them off a plane or selecting his TV interviews is not the same.

as I said do the research yourself and make your own judgements.

If you totally dismiss it that's fine.

This isn't a conspiracy these are facts about a guy who has total influence of MSM and had a lot to lose with Trump in power. I implore to stay away from infowars or briebardt if you choose to do so.
Does Soros have influence over main stream media - yes
Does Soros have influence over the Democratic party - yes
Is it s**t - yes
Is he the same as any number of other rich dudes on both sides of US politics - yes
Do I think he should fork orf - yes

Is he a Machiavellian puppet master secretly controlling the new world order though a series of corrupt processes and private dealings - no.

Whats utterly amazing though, is the thread on the Trump Presidency is now currently overridden with #TrumpXplainers attacking Liberal figures and Obama.

Amazing job. The pivot masters.

#PivotMasters

Does Soros have influence over main stream media - yes
Does Soros have influence over the Democratic party - yes
Is it s**t - yes
Is he the same as any number of other rich dudes on both sides of US politics - yes
Do I think he should fork orf - yes

Is he a Machiavellian puppet master secretly controlling the new world order though a series of corrupt processes and private dealings - no.
Who is still influencing the media and plans to take down trump even after the election is run and won?

Who is still influencing the media and plans to take down trump even after the election is run and won?
Probably Soros.

Just like there were an abundance of Republican and even alt-right types funding constant take down attempts on Obama. Have a look at who was funding and supporting the Birther movement FFS. One of them is now POTUS!

Again. This is a bipartisan issue. It's not one side or another, they both do it, and they should both stop.

Probably Soros.

Just like there were an abundance of Republican and even alt-right types funding constant take down attempts on Obama. Have a look at who was funding and supporting the Birther movement FFS. One of them is now POTUS!

Again. This is a bipartisan issue. It's not one side or another, they both do it, and they should both stop.
Who has been pressuring governments into having open borders and high tallies of immigration?

Who has been pressuring governments into having open borders and high tallies of immigration?
Soros, since he was an immigrant and probably has a passion for it. He's done a lot of work in ex Communist countries actually rolling out Conservative fiscal ideals.

Just like there are people that are pressuring Trump to follow their political persuasions. DeVos says hi!

Soros, since he was an immigrant and probably has a passion for it. He's done a lot of work in ex Communist countries actually rolling out Conservative fiscal ideals.

Just like there are people that are pressuring Trump to follow their political persuasions. DeVos says hi!
Who profits in the billions from open border policies and immigration

Who profits in the billions from open border policies and immigration
Yeah look you're not getting it

Both parties have lobbyists and donors that have a self interest.

This is a thread about Trump and his shitlord presidency.

Not Soros.

But good pivoting

#PivotMasters

Yeah look you're not getting it

Both parties have lobbyists and donors that have a self interest.

This is a thread about Trump and his shitlord presidency.

Not Soros.

But good pivoting

#PivotMasters
Ok good we have established how billionaires influence and profit from the media from both sides.

Now show me where Trump is wrong when he says fake news media is the enemy of the people? Which conveniently got published as media the enemy of the people.

I don't recall Trump asking for a biased media. I don't recall Trump asking for media in his favour. All he asked for is for a fair article and the truth.

He is trying to stop the influence of these billionaires on the public opinion via the media.

Ok good we have established how billionaires influence and profit from the media from both sides.
Correct.

Now show me where Trump is wrong when he says fake news media is the enemy of the people? Which conveniently got published as media the enemy of the people.
He's not wrong at all. What he is wrong with is which outlets are fake news, which sections of those organisations are fake and how he ought to deal with them

I don't recall Trump asking for a biased media. I don't recall Trump asking for media in his favour. All he asked for is for a fair article and the truth.
The problem is his fair and unbiased isn't that at all. He has a Brietbart founder as his main man. Imagine if Soros ran Hilary's White House???

That's the equivalence we're talking about

He is trying to stop the influence of these billionaires that don't agree with him whilst other that do get carte blanche on the public opinion via the media.
FTFY

Meanwhile, Trump has got one 100% spot on. McMaster is the perfect appointment based on everything I've read:

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...ugh-hr-mcmaster-new-national-security-adviser

He is perhaps best known for his exploits in the second Iraq war. Deployed in 2005 to the northern city of Tal Afar, in command of a cavalry regiment, he showed it was possible, at least temporarily, to pacify even the most violent and baffling parts of the country. By the time General McMaster arrived there, the city had been overrun by insurgents and retaken bloodily by the Americans, but with too few American or Iraqi troops to control it.

Acting largely on his own initiative, he proceeded to put in place a model counter-insurgency regime. He ensured his officers studied Islamic culture, which at that time few American soldiers did, used force selectively and sparingly, and took pains to understand and work with the grain of Afari ethnic politics. He was lionised by American journalists, who, it is true, tend to lose their hearts to any successful battlefield commander; Tal Afar, now the scene of a fierce battle between the Iraqi army and Islamic State, did not stay quiet for long. Yet in his hunger to listen and learn—from Iraqis, his soldiers and even visiting journalists—General McMaster stood out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, the New York Times article I linked confirmed exactly that, hence I linked it.
No it didn't! It specifically mentioned that he invited conservative sources as well. It even includes examples from journos who pushed the limits and published the off the record conversations criticising his thinking.

The latest example took place in December when Mr. Obama met with about a dozen columnists before delivering a speech from the Oval Office to defend his strategy in combating the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL. The next day, one of those columnists, David Ignatius of The Washington Post, pushed the off-the-record boundaries.

Throughout his column, Mr. Ignatius used phrases like “Obama doesn’t think” and “Obama appears to recognize” and “Obama clearly regards”

Liberal-leaning columnists from newspapers tend to dominate at Mr. Obama’s secret sessions, but the White House has invited some new-media journalists, and prominent conservatives have attended as well.

So again, Obama invited a wide variety of journalists for off the record chats to improve the lines of communication between the White House and the media and you are somehow trying to use some Olympic level mental gymnastics to equate that to Trump banning multiple credible news sources from a press conference.

One President invites jounros, including ones opposed to him
One President bans journos, specifically ones opposed to him

#TrumpXplainer says: same thing

* me. #PivotMasters

Why are you continually defending Trump with the actions of Obama anyway? Its a moot point. Its like excusing speeding because the driver before you also sped (even though they actually didn't).

Correct.

He's not wrong at all. What he is wrong with is which outlets are fake news, which sections of those organisations are fake and how he ought to deal with them

The problem is his fair and unbiased isn't that at all. He has a Brietbart founder as his main man. Imagine if Soros ran Hilary's White House???

That's the equivalence we're talking about

FTFY
Lol briebardt No one cares about Steve Bannons connection because it isn't MSM and doesn't pretend to be anything else, CNN NYT pissgate, undermining the American public by giving Hillary the questions to the debate this is much worse than anything Trump has done. He has every right to call them out.

He hasn't turned any news outlets off hasn't stopped them from reporting, he has given CNN a big FU and rightly so, but don't worry nbc and CBS were still there to pursue the anti trump ruckus.

Last edited:
No it didn't! It specifically mentioned that he invited conservative sources as well. It even includes examples from journos who pushed the limits and published the off the record conversations criticising his thinking.

journos publishing off the record conversations from selected press gaggles of like minded journalists, you kind of just left off that part right.

I am seriously not denying it, but are you able to show me evidence of Trump's billionares influencing the media like Soros.

I honestly have not seen Anything on Soros level and would like to read it. On Soros level I mean government influence as well. I have read about Mercer but couldn't find his dealings.

Last edited:
Lol briebardt No one cares about Steve Bannons connection because it isn't MSM and doesn't pretend to be anything else
I think you'll find many people do absolutely care.

This is the thing that Trump has done. He has manged to get people in their minds to equate organisations like The New York Times - a proud, long standing periodical of reasonable journalistic repute... with an alt-right blog full of racists and xenophobic claptrap like Brietbart.

They are incomparable.

Yet one has got people in positions of significant power, including Chief Strategist. The other has a left leaning readership and might have written some slightly dodgy reports.

Its unbelievable that we're even having this conversation.

#PivotMasters

CNN NYT pissgate, undermining the American public by giving Hillary the questions to the debate this is much worse than anything Trump has done. He has every right to call them out.
The leaking of the questions is appalling and whoever did ought to be fired by any reasonable media outlet.

He hasn't turned any news outlets off hasn't stopped them from reporting, he has given CNN a big FU and rightly so, but don't worry nbc and CBS were still there to pursue the anti trump ruckus.
Bit hard to report on things when they're not invited!

I think you'll find many people do absolutely care.

This is the thing that Trump has done. He has manged to get people in their minds to equate organisations like The New York Times - a proud, long standing periodical of reasonable journalistic repute... with an alt-right blog full of racists and xenophobic claptrap like Brietbart.

They are incomparable.

Yet one has got people in positions of significant power, including Chief Strategist. The other has a left leaning readership and might have written some slightly dodgy reports.

Its unbelievable that we're even having this conversation.

#PivotMasters

The leaking of the questions is appalling and whoever did ought to be fired by any reasonable media outlet.
]

Briebardt does not equal CNN. No one would of given a s**t if NYT had gotten kicked out and CNN let in.

Bit hard to report on things when they're not invited!
Exactly they are paying for their BS.

Not CBS not nbc who are also anti trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back