Discussion The Voice and the St Kilda FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread.

Referendum has revealed plenty about many. Eye opening stuff, won't forget it!

If anyone has any issues with it being locked feel free to PM me šŸ‘

EDIT:

SRP thread on the Voice referendum:

Last edited by a moderator:
A moderator can pull this down and ban me but because I was there it means so much....

The day Nicky lifted his jumper was a pivotal day. Not just for our club but in recognition of a problem. I was there that day and it was only because I was 22 and could back up after one of the mother of all drinking sessions that I made it. I had a sense that I could witness history beating Collingwood at Vic Park for the first time in many a long year because even with Plugger out we were on fire and had so many good players.
I'm sure there were others on this board that were there but if not, even today I can't begin to explain how it was on the terraces. I had been going to the footy by myself and with mates for 8 years by that day but this was different. With Gilbert McAdam and Nicky running riot the outer was extraordinary. I reckon I'd seen one fight a year at games before then but usually just push and shove. That day though there was full punch on's as Saints supporters took offence at what was being said to our players. I got home and told my Girlfiend about it and how obscene it was that players had to put up with it. If you said anything you'd get in a fight.

So ban me if this breaks rules but I wanted to post it for prosperity if nothing else.

If you're a St Kilda supporter and you are going to vote No. Can I ask a simple question?

Why?

Why do you support us given our history?

There'd be better clubs for you...

Vote Yes

Donā€™t like separating people by race. Some people need more help than others, it should be available to all - not just the ones with a specific ancestry.

Itā€™s sad youā€™d try and shame people using Nicky Winmars actions.

Itā€™s also very odd that you would say there are better clubs for ā€œnoā€ voters to follow.

Donā€™t like separating people by race. Some people need more help than others, it should be available to all - not just the ones with a specific ancestry.

Itā€™s sad youā€™d try and shame people using Nicky Winmars actions.

Itā€™s also very odd that you would say there are better clubs for ā€œnoā€ voters to follow.

Section 51 of the constitution already allows for this and has done so, since federation.

Voting Yes, doesnā€™t remove help for any other group of people.

the following article may be helpful:

Section 51 of the constitution already allows for this and has done so, since federation.

Good article but at the end of the day, this will end up being all about money.

I think the Yes vote really thought that it would just go through and didn't expect a push back.

It's become a battleground for wedge politics and most people are voting on their political affiliations instead of the actual topic. Dutton overruled the majority of the party because he recognised it as a way to set the brand of his alternative government.

If it doesn't go through he's going to set it up to go to a vote again which will cost millions to do the same thing but with the bit where a body is enshrined in the constitution. If they wanted to they can just de-tooth it when they come to power anyway. It really is a cynical and pointless move designed to make him look reasonable with no real benefit but at huge cost.

Good article but at the end of the day, this will end up being all about money.

How? It does nothing but sets them up to have a representative body which as the article says can still be changed, defunded or ruined. Dutton is going to send it straight back to a vote to bring in the first peoples recognition part. That's the part that has potential to open legal action but Mabo ruled that Terra Nullius wasn't able to be proven in court.

We already know they were here first, it just stops the bit where you have to go through the various courts for years to come to the position of them being recognised as the first people before you start a land claim. With precedence that's already gone anyway.

How? It does nothing but sets them up to have a representative body which as the article says can still be changed, defunded or ruined. Dutton is going to send it straight back to a vote to bring in the first peoples recognition part. That's the part that has potential to open legal action but Mabo ruled that Terra Nullius wasn't able to be proven in court.

We already know they were here first, it just stops the bit where you have to go through the various courts for years to come to the position of them being recognised as the first people before you start a land claim. With precedence that's already gone anyway.
This is the 1st part of a 3 part process which will end up costing billions and most of it wasted. Just vote NO to Albo's and Dutton's feel good crap. Should be a minimum proven level of aboriginality to claim any of the myriad of benefits also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the 1st part of a 3 part process which will end up costing billions and most of it wasted. Just vote NO to Albo's and Dutton's feel good crap. Should be a minimum proven level of aboriginality to claim any of the myriad of benefits also.

Don't know what to say to any of that. That doesn't have anything to do with this vote. Lawyers give everyone the shits but having a treaty and set framework gives them less money. It costs money now but you lose it in smaller amounts.

Not sure what all of these great benefits aboriginal people are getting are to be honest. I have known plenty of indigenous people in my time and none of them are wealthy or doing much better than everyone else.

I think the Yes vote really thought that it would just go through and didn't expect a push back.

It's become a battleground for wedge politics and most people are voting on their political affiliations instead of the actual topic. Dutton overruled the majority of the party because he recognised it as a way to set the brand of his alternative government.

If it doesn't go through he's going to set it up to go to a vote again which will cost millions to do the same thing but with the bit where a body is enshrined in the constitution. If they wanted to they can just de-tooth it when they come to power anyway. It really is a cynical and pointless move designed to make him look reasonable with no real benefit but at huge cost.
Our Prime Minister has been an absolute embarrassment with this, he has been caught out lying not knowing things he should know, basically out of his depth

If the voice fails the majority of the blame should be directed at that fumbling mumbling fool

Don't know what to say to any of that. That doesn't have anything to do with this vote. Lawyers give everyone the shits but having a treaty and set framework gives them less money. It costs money now but you lose it in smaller amounts.

Not sure what all of these great benefits aboriginal people are getting are to be honest. I have known plenty of indigenous people in my time and none of them are wealthy or doing much better than everyone else.
I'm leaving it there. This is a footy forum and I shouldn't have posted in this thread at all.

I'm leaving it there. This is a footy forum and I shouldn't have posted in this thread at all.
Youā€™re allowed an opinion buddy

I guess this is the very reason this will fail it is dividing us and instead of bringing us together like it should

The government needed to sell it a lot better and provide all the details

Instead we have a Prime Minister that says why read the full Uluį¹Ÿu statement

Youā€™re allowed an opinion buddy

I guess this is the very reason this will fail it is dividing us and instead of bringing us together like it should

The government needed to sell it a lot better and provide all the details

Instead we have a Prime Minister that says why read the Uluį¹Ÿu statement

The details are available.

Our Prime Minister has been an absolute embarrassment with this, he has been caught out lying not knowing things he should know, basically out of his depth

If the voice fails the majority of the blame should be directed at that fumbling mumbling fool

Certainly hasn't sold it. He's an ordinary public speaker. It should have been a non issue still. It's a nothing gesture along side formal recognition. Dutton saying he supports the recognition part seems illogical. "I'll acknowledge your position but you can't have a badge." He now supports the only controversial part.

Nah. Itā€™s a forum. Thereā€™s threads on soccer, drinking, general shite, music and combat sports.

You can also ignore the ones you don't like.

The details are available.
Yes they are
But the PM needed to be a lot better then he has been, he has made it easy for the NO side

Certainly hasn't sold it. He's an ordinary public speaker. It should have been a non issue still. It's a nothing gesture along side formal recognition. Dutton saying he supports the recognition part seems illogical. "I'll acknowledge your position but you can't have a badge." He now supports the only controversial part.

Yep. Also possibly has left it too late.
the so called controversial part is being part of the discussion on issues that affect their communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back