The Weekend Lowdown

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't really like League Teams personally, not all that fond of Dermott or Paul Roos.

This has some potential I reckon, but far too much Sportsbet advertising. Flips too quick between segments.

I like Joey and NDS (Saints) and Sarah Olle is pretty cute.

Same goes for all radio and TV. Sick to death of seeing Naff Brown's fat head plugging them every minute of the day.

Bring on the crackdown on betting ads.

6 weeks in and it hasn't gotten much better. Obvs targeting a younger audience with this show replacing league teams. The blueprint the Lowdown is taken from American sports tv but the talent is not up to the task for this format.. Cam Mooney just isn't this sort of presenter and why do they insist of styling the players in awkward looking clothes. put them in their everyday clothes. Then they may look & feel a bit more comfortable and perhaps I would cringe less when watching. Sarah Ollie is a breadth of fresh air and one of the few redeeming features of this show.

Not really sure why the show is being s**t on, admittedly I've only watched the last two weeks.

It's a cheap program for Fox to produce, and it's a good training ground for them to breed new presenters. It's getting better each week, more confidence, more natural feeling. I don't see an issue with it.

This show is decent now and better than Derm and Roosy last years incarnation
They’ve stopped shaky-cam and they’ve dressed the late 30s guys in leather shoes and trousers

They’re still a bit of a bunch of B graders but we are a small few states with limited talent in the scheme of things

This show is decent now and better than Derm and Roosy last years incarnation
They’ve stopped shaky-cam and they’ve dressed the late 30s guys in leather shoes and trousers

They’re still a bit of a bunch of B graders but we are a small few states with limited talent in the scheme of things
So in other words you're saying it goes alright in the scraping the bottom of the barrel stakes.

what a massive piece of s**t is this show?

The show that had on with Roos, Dermie, Lynch & Brad Johnson was 1000 times better

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Disagree. The social media stuff is a bit cringe, but it's more analysis and less filler ft. Tony Shaw and Dermie talking about the old days.

This is the worst show I have ever seen. I wonder when Fox will realise that Cam Mooney and Ben Dixon are neither funny nor interesting in any way. As far as the analysis goes-meh. Also, whose idea was it to dress up all the blokes in chinos, a suit jacket and white joggers...WTF? As for that social media segment...:poo::poo::poo::poo:. In fairness, the host does ok and Dal-Santo is decent...that voice tho:eek::eek:.

I don't think this show has passed an average viewership of 20,000 yet... should be called the "ratings lowdown" :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the worst show I have ever seen. I wonder when Fox will realise that Cam Mooney and Ben Dixon are neither funny nor interesting in any way. As far as the analysis goes-meh. Also, whose idea was it to dress up all the blokes in chinos, a suit jacket and white joggers...WTF? As for that social media segment...:poo::poo::poo::poo:. In fairness, the host does ok and Dal-Santo is decent...that voice tho:eek::eek:.

I don't think this show has passed an average viewership of 20,000 yet... should be called the "ratings lowdown" :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:.
Ben Dixon is terrible all together. How he got a job on the recruit is beyond me. He tried to be a tough angry coach all he was embarrass himself in the process

Ben Dixon is terrible all together. How he got a job on the recruit is beyond me. He tried to be a tough angry coach all he was embarrass himself in the process

Thanks for reminding me of that. His spray when the recruit team was playing against the ex AFL players was one of the funniest things I’d ever seen.

This has improved throughout the year. League Teams went to s**t last year, Derm going on long tangents and barely analysing.

Don't mind Dal and Montagna tbh. Unpopular opinion here probably but for me it's a nice change having a few women rather than just the token 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back