The Weekly Banner Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a fair bit of a retro vibe about todays events. The banner was no different. It felt like a throw back to the creativity that we on display during the time of Bob's debut.

Next to you're around I'd love to get your thoughts on this one. I don't know funny, so I could never quite work it out.

bf72865aa4e149ebae8f7d358ab6065a.jpg

The humour is obvious. Carlton trolling Richmond regarding rebuilds. Delicious and hilarious irony.

Plus the sledge on Dusty who destroyed them...

So a Dusty backfire plus complete lack of rebuild self awareness.

Sometimes unintended humour is the best...

image.jpeg
Hi all, I'm Danny McGinlay. Somebody tweeted to me that this thread existed. Nice stuff in here, thanks for your kind words. I'll try and check in sporadically and read your ideas. If one gets up I'll be sure to credit you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
There's a certain scent,
That all dogs now know,
And we all think it's fantastic;
In Richmond kitchens,
And fiery finals,
We embrace the melting plastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, I'm Danny McGinlay. Somebody tweeted to me that this thread existed. Nice stuff in here, thanks for your kind words. I'll try and check in sporadically and read your ideas. If one gets up I'll be sure to credit you.
For God's sake, don't read any other threads

Gee, doubl'ya Es-timates
Of the frees we'll get, it's obscene
The Dogs and umps are best of mates
So no head butting please Toby Greene

Next to you're around I'd love to get your thoughts on this one. I don't know funny, so I could never quite work it out.

View attachment 361347
It's an okay joke but the third line is barely intelligible. Also I've found the issue with the Carlton funny banners is a lack of self awareness, I'd be playing up the self deprecation when you're a very hated club having it's worst period in history.

GWS banner got approved this morning. You'll be disapponted to know we're not being mean about GWS specifically.

I hope you like it, if you do share it round! If you don't, go write your opinion on a toilet wall somewhere.

Brainstorming for Tigers banner begins.... now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back