Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the thing, if other clubs can give their members a say, and I mean a real say, not a bloody poll put together to shut us up, then why can't we???
Brisbane and the doggies are small clubs with small memberships. They'd be more cautious to avoid pissing their members off. West Coast know they'll always be a big club with a huge following, so would be less inclined to listen to a small portion of members.

Brisbane and the doggies are small clubs with small memberships. They'd be more cautious to avoid pissing their members off. West Coast know they'll always be a big club with a huge following, so would be less inclined to listen to a small portion of members.

Curse you making sense :(

Just want the wings properly reinstated as the only jumper we wear. Is that too much to ask for?? D:

Was thinking about the dig deep guernsey last night. I reckon with the new puma template they won't be able to have the same design as the last few years. The last few have had yellow sides, we didn't have side panels then, so it was easily done. This year it might be harder to make the side panels a different colour....... I assume it must be, otherwise why are the bloody wings cut off!!!

They can make navy and royal side panels surely they can change the dye in the machine to yellow!? They do it for our yellow training jumpers.

They can make navy and royal side panels surely they can change the dye in the machine to yellow!? They do it for our yellow training jumpers.

Yeah you would think so, but then would they just make the panels yellow, or make a straight line either side of the panels to get the same effect as the last few years? That would look weird. I don't reckon it will happen this year, they have already said they will be auctioning off the players boots so I guess that will be all.

For me that's a pretty shit effort by the club, I mean if they are doing it for charity, why not try and make the most money possible? Is it because the club themselves won't get the money so they don't care? Who here would bid on players boots, compared to a guernsey? I wouldn't.

Thats a good point the side panels and their shape would make it odd looking, just reinforces that yellow wings should be worn on this occasion.

Thats a good point the side panels and their shape would make it odd looking, just reinforces that yellow wings should be worn on this occasion.

Yeah exactly!! It seems weird that if the clubs are aloud 2 "one off" guernsey's a year, and Gary Stocks said the Indigenous one didn't really count because the AFL encouraged all clubs to take part, why we haven't had any yet?? I mean we all know the Eagles love cash, and they know that basically any new guernsey they bring out will sell well. Why didn't they make a 94 anniversary one, and why is it looking like no dig deep one?

It's just strange that over the last few years we have bought out guernsey's for every bloody possible thing, yet this year....none:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will not be a 'Dig Deep' jumper this year. I thought I would end all the speculation and just ask the club. This was their response:

"Unfortunately we are only permitted to have two event guernseys per year (as per the AFL rules) which we have already covered off with the name and Indigenous guernseys. Apologies for any inconvenience."

EDIT: There goes my theory!

I believe there is a real chance we may see it. I can't see the club running with the same design three years in a row. As it is the 10th anniversary of the campaign, I can see the Eagles wanting to go all out in trying to raise a record amount of money.

Last edited:
There will not be a 'Dig Deep' jumper this year. I thought I would end all the speculation and just ask the club. This was their response:

"Unfortunately we are only permitted to have two event guernseys per year (as per the AFL rules) which we have already covered off with the name and Indigenous guernseys. Apologies for any inconvenience".

Yeah, bullshit that's the reason. Caltex didn't fund it this year is my bet.

So the name guernsey, which was the AFL's bloody idea, and every team had to do, is counted as one of the one off's!! Plus then the indigenous guernsey, which Stocks himself said the AFL encouraged all teams to do, is the other one:confused: That's bullshit! Imagine if we said, nah we aren't going to do the indigenous round guernsey, there would eddie mcguire finger pointing all over the place. That is f**ked that our 2 one offs are basically forced by the AFL. F**K this shit, we better get the bloody wings next year!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back