The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Macca is a senior coach??

I wasn't saying Ratten should be coach just showing the comparison in win%

And your right you can't compare the 2 coz Macca is miles behind

Macca is only comparable to coaches like Rhode Watson and Waters. All abject failures
Are you 10 years old
These abject failures have all made significant contributions to the sport
They have weaknesses and strengths like everyone else

As for football and coaching - their stool would know more about football than you

No, why would you? Only 18 jobs of this type in the world, and only 2 available right now.
Keep on crying for Macca.
Of course you would
Some of the playing list obviously loved macca as they played very well for him
And macca now at melbourne may have an inside running to poach them
The board and management flip flop in a crisis, the club captain forced the club to trade him, the players sook

seriously talented new coachs like Stuart Dew have removed themselves from the dogs job

Any coach coming in would see a board and management bereft of understanding how to run a professional sporting organization.

Of course there are numerous people who will put up their hand for the job

But the best of them will want demand a raft of assurances

When the going got tough Ernie as a club we bailed

That is what every decent afl watcher sees

Well sorry to disappoint Yebiga. Its not the first time and won't be the last time a coaching candidate has removed themselves from coaching us.
You obvious know Dew personally and why he doesn't want to coach here?

As for the players playing well for him, the results don't look like it.

The going gets tough? Can't get more tougher than having a dud coach at the helm and then removing him 6 months after you re-signed him.
The right call was made in the end. It mistake was made in February not in October.

I know it's hard but we need to move on.

Wish the club would make some of the coach selection process transparent..

It sucks being totally in the dark.

A bloke i know who has a few connections called me and was pretty confident. Things can change quickly! Goodluck anyway, hope things settle and you guys can nab yourslef a good coach!
I would be really happy if it happened. Fingers crossed.

I would hope that BMac stays away from this years draft and doesn't share the knowledge he acquired from the Bulldogs with the Dees recruiting team. At least for this years draftees.
All the other stuff, I agree that its normally all shared around.

I believe he is not starting in his new role at Melbourne until February next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hirdy says there's a place for Bummer there - we don't want him; heart would just not be in it. Plus he obviously doesn't think much of our playing group personality wise.
He only said that he didn't think much of the senior guys and there aren't many of them left.

Are you 10 years old
These abject failures have all made significant contributions to the sport
They have weaknesses and strengths like everyone else

As for football and coaching - their stool would know more about football than you
Yebiga;i support you, luv your passion loyalty and judgement at my regular friday night drinking sessions with friends[all bulldog supporters]we argued oft and heatedly i could not understand how they could be so wrong!but i have to now admit i might have wrong,how is it conceivibly possibly that this is good man management that so many players want to leave are they all wrong[not to mention the captain]i do not reckon thesess players are weak or soft, hell some of em survived with Rod Eade,so the problem lay elsewhere and i think the buck stops with the coach.If what i am saying is vaguely /remotely accurate it should mean we will really advance next year/but what the hell do i know i supported BMAC

Yebiga;i support you, luv your passion loyalty and judgement at my regular friday night drinking sessions with friends[all bulldog supporters]we argued oft and heatedly i could not understand how they could be so wrong!but i have to now admit i might have wrong,how is it conceivibly possibly that this is good man management that so many players want to leave are they all wrong[not to mention the captain]i do not reckon thesess players are weak or soft, hell some of em survived with Rod Eade,so the problem lay elsewhere and i think the buck stops with the coach.If what i am saying is vaguely /remotely accurate it should mean we will really advance next year/but what the hell do i know i supported BMAC
Sure Ian - and he has paid for his weaknesses
But two things worry me
First - every coach needs a good strong loyal team around him
Two - the problems could not have been all Macca he is gone and those who have stayed also need to address their failings

This cannot be avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back