The what I would do if I was Boncer for a day

Remove this Banner Ad

Now Im aiming this more at what improvements to the league you would make but I guess its open to interpretations.

One thing I'll be doing is organising a official roster for match threads.

I would make one player from the HOME team in each match create a preview and review (one player does not have to do both) and that it would be the responsibility of the captains to make sure this happens, if a team fails to do so then a 10 point penalty is enforced for that game.

Also, this is just a suggestion for next season, that during the off season all free agents and new signings will play in state of origin but not sign with a club until afterwards, then, once SoO is completed we have a draft, AFL draft order style, this would hopefully make the inactive teams more active and make the competition even and unpredictable.

Cut the stray hairs that poke of of my ears.

I would have stricter standards of clubs keeping their license.

Plodding along with the status quo of teams being inactive most of the time isn't a good thing.

The Roys were a joke last season and only picked it up towards the end. If I was in charge I'd say they're very lucky there isn't another team knocking down the door to get in right now. A slack season like that shouldn't be rewarded.

The Gumbies weren't far off it. StFly a 1 man show with Clay the occasionally brilliant gap filler.

The Bombers you didn't really notice their floggy inactivity because beez drove them so hard as the leagues #1 poster/spammer.

Possibly change those deadlines for team submission to 12am maybe 1am just to help those in Western time zones. I don't think it will make too much difference and being after dinner would help some manage their time if they've had a busy week.

I want to see real rules governing player movements not just you can't play for 2 clubs because boncer will not allow it. That should be official.

I do think last season was very good. Just seems like an 8 team league could be doing even better with the posters and activity about the place.

Behind the scenes I want eka medal voting changed.

Should be anonymous voting and possibly a 3-2-1 system. The way it's currently done penalised those that voted early and helps those that vote late bind together to pick the winner and I really didn't like that. I'm sure some will say it didn't go down how I said it did but whatever, a different system would eliminate the possibility of such sour grapes popping up again :p

I would then feel the urge to tell everybody how cool I am and how lucky the league is to have me and most certainly have not gone soft (not that anybody would believe it).

Lol at Juggs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would make one player from the HOME team in each match create a preview and review (one player does not have to do both) and that it would be the responsibility of the captains to make sure this happens, if a team fails to do so then a 10 point penalty is enforced for that game.

Also, this is just a suggestion for next season, that during the off season all free agents and new signings will play in state of origin but not sign with a club until afterwards, then, once SoO is completed we have a draft, AFL draft order style, this would hopefully make the inactive teams more active and make the competition even and unpredictable.
Idea A- Possibly. 10 point penalty seems rather extreme.

B- No.
I would have stricter standards of clubs keeping their license.

Plodding along with the status quo of teams being inactive most of the time isn't a good thing.

The Roys were a joke last season and only picked it up towards the end. If I was in charge I'd say they're very lucky there isn't another team knocking down the door to get in right now. A slack season like that shouldn't be rewarded.

The Gumbies weren't far off it. StFly a 1 man show with Clay the occasionally brilliant gap filler.

The Bombers you didn't really notice their floggy inactivity because beez drove them so hard as the leagues #1 poster/spammer.

Possibly change those deadlines for team submission to 12am maybe 1am just to help those in Western time zones. I don't think it will make too much difference and being after dinner would help some manage their time if they've had a busy week.

I want to see real rules governing player movements not just you can't play for 2 clubs because boncer will not allow it. That should be official.

I do think last season was very good. Just seems like an 8 team league could be doing even better with the posters and activity about the place.

Behind the scenes I want eka medal voting changed.

Should be anonymous voting and possibly a 3-2-1 system. The way it's currently done penalised those that voted early and helps those that vote late bind together to pick the winner and I really didn't like that. I'm sure some will say it didn't go down how I said it did but whatever, a different system would eliminate the possibility of such sour grapes popping up again :p

I would then feel the urge to tell everybody how cool I am and how lucky the league is to have me and most certainly have not gone soft (not that anybody would believe it).

A. We do have strict rules but there is no new club banging down the door. I was happy to look at new clubs but noone got their s**t together so the status quo remains.

B. Deadlines are fine.

C. My word is law. I'm happy with that. Although I can slot that in somewhere if its really a big deal to everyone. Although 99% of the comp seems to understand it without needing it there.

D. No. Medal voting stays the same. Stop sooking.

I think a weekly updated version beez's end of year posting stats super thread would be good. Like the ladder but based on posting. Let one person do it for every team, unlike last year when each team had their own posting charts. That way we have a pretty good idea of where to send n00bs if they have no preference when they show up and can all brag about how awesome we are.

Also not allowing disorganised idiots to run non-premiership series would be a good idea.

Agree with Juggs on the EKA medal voting. Don't want to come off as a sook, but there really are better ways to do it to reflect the whole season. From what I can tell it's done at the end of the season with just the captains nominating their choice for best first year poster. Instead could possibly do at the end of each week the captains vote on the best first year poster for that round. That way voting isn't biased towards posters who have a better end of the year.

I'd like to see some sort of draft for de-listed players, or players nominating for termination from their existing club.

That way, former players can return, and effectively, it's first come first serve - if captains don't select a player - they're auto picked.

If I was Boncer, I would card J3V. That will give me popularity for the rest of my time in the SFA. :thumbsu:

In case you haven't noticed, Jobe hasn't posted for a while now, by insulting him your only encouraging him to return.

Idiot.

I'd like to see some sort of draft for de-listed players, or players nominating for termination from their existing club.

That way, former players can return, and effectively, it's first come first serve - if captains don't select a player - they're auto picked.

I remember signing you in a vain attempt to prove the Hawks weren't afraid of signing noobs.

What a flop you turned out to be.

Although you justified my theory that its better to recruit established players.

Which is why I'm still courting Juggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back