Media What do these players have in common?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
cooney, Headless, cats2rise, sante, DemonJim, sausageroll, Yakker, Tarkyn_24, manangatang, Proper Gander, Deaneus!, moginie.

The ANSWER, of course, is that EACH of them has played AT LEAST 150 games alongside our dear friend Van_Dyke, who is, VERY SIGNIFICANTLY, playing GAME 300 this coming week. That's Round 3 of Season 37, for those of you playing at home!

VAN_DYKE 300.png

THE LEADER
As you know, Van_Dyke debuted all the way back in Season 20 - the same rookie class as the likes of Kennedy Parker and Wosh, amongst others - and has since ONLY played for the Mount Buller Demons (fine taste for a fine poster).

By Season 23, VD rose to captaincy, first with RU_ and then as standalone skipper. VD followed the likes of Eth, Footypie32, and Smartys Power to captain the club through this era, which had its difficulties for the Demons (says Headless, who was practically completely inactive at the time).

VD captained the club extremely well before handing over to cats2rise in Season 25. Yakker would captain the club to its second premiership the season after, thanks at least partially to VD's excellent work consolidating the club and playing group.

These days, Van_Dyke works alongside Yakker to organise coups against any sitting captain. :sneaky:

THE AWARD WINNER
Van_Dyke is a three-time All-Sweet FA representative, in three successive seasons: Seasons 21-23 inclusive. Remember that these were just VD's second, third, and fourth seasons, so VD clearly had a big impact on the league from a very early stage.

Van_Dyke has also - quite spectacularly - won two premierships with the Mount Buller Demons, in Seasons 26 and 31.

In Season 22, VD won the inaugural Eth Award alongside Oddhawk, for the Mount Buller players' player award. :star:

THE LEGACY
In many ways, VD symbolises the stability and prominence of the Demons over the last many seasons. Van_Dyke is just the fourth player to play 300 games for Mount Buller in its 37-season history (Tarkyn_24 WOULD HAVE been the fifth :cautiousv1:).

Van_Dyke is funny, friendly, and witty. We absolutely love playing alongside VD, and I'm sure very many opponents have enjoyed VD's posting style in match threads across the seasons.

THE CELEBRATION
So let's all thank VD for continued contributions to this board and silly little league OF OURS, across quite some time. Our Round 3 match is, fittingly, against the WEST COAST WONDERS - a club we DOMINATE every single time. I'm sure - quite certain - that we will win the game FOR VAN_DYKE.

Good on you, Van_Dyke. It's been a blast. :love:

Van_Dyke is a wonderful poster and leader who made my time at the demons very enjoyable. A well deserved 300 games indeed.

He also introduced me to the Sweet FA which I’ll never forgive him for.

We will ever be grateful

4 : 23.25 {rHFF} - Boots the ball toward My Cotchin Rules.
4 : 23.28 {rHFF} - Oh a turnover. The kick is marked by Van_Dyke

=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Sin City Swamprats : 18.12.120
Mount Buller Demons : 19.12.126
=====================================

Have a great week leading up to your significant milestone V_D
HUBRIS!

Well done Van_Dyke Great effort on reaching 300 games.

Let's not forget that time I showed enormous faith in a rookie and placed him at fullback over Demon's legend Logger...

Round 1 team announcement.

While this isn't set in stone, I thought I would give everybody an idea of how we will be lining-up for round one of Season 20...

A few notes.

• Rookie sensation Van_Dyke has managed to crowbar Logger out of Full-back.
  • Our other EKA favourite Bosley will get first crack in the Ruck for round 1.
  • deaneus will get a chance to impress at Full Forward against the Bandits.
  • cats2rise will provide some experience to our forward line at CHF.
  • cooney has moved back in to the middle to possibly challenge for another Mobbs Medal.
  • HoF Recruit croweater 41 will step into an already star studded midfield.

B: Logger, Van_Dyke, Danger in Texas
HB: Headless, Smartys Power, Stewie Griffin
C: lanky_wes, cooney, croweater 41
HF: HawkPatrol, cats2rise, raven echo
F: Mateyman, deaneus, Smexxy23
Foll: Bosley, Eth, Footypie32
Int: darthsidusfan, Vooligan,

Let's not forget that time I showed enormous faith in a rookie and placed him at fullback over Demon's legend Logger...
Love react, but just know I was real close to vomit reacting you for playing a player with “smexxy” in their username. 🤮

Love react, but just know I was real close to vomit reacting you for playing a player with “smexxy” in their username. 🤮

It was a different time. Smexxy was all the rage. Kids were saying "smexxy this" and "smexxy that". I was trying to promote youth.

I'm more surprised you didn't pick me up on playing some guy called croweater 41 😬

It was a different time. Smexxy was all the rage. Kids were saying "smexxy this" and "smexxy that". I was trying to promote youth.

I'm more surprised you didn't pick me up on playing some guy called croweater 41 😬
I didn’t want to drive you away from the forum permanently out of shame.

No finer club to have played 300 games with, and been on the sideline suspended for my team sheet * ups along the way. Cheers to manangatang for still giving me a game for some reason
This is the most positive post you’ve ever made about me

What a side and season that one was. The sweet, naive, pre Smartys Bench time
Van_Dyke is a wonderful poster and leader who made my time at the demons very enjoyable. A well deserved 300 games indeed.

He also introduced me to the Sweet FA which I’ll never forgive him for.
I learnt everything I know about coups from you, Yakker and I remain grateful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t want to drive you away from the forum permanently out of shame.
Whats Up Hello GIF by Paul Windle

No finer club to have played 300 games with, and been on the sideline suspended for my team sheet * ups along the way. Cheers to manangatang for still giving me a game for some reason

This is the most positive post you’ve ever made about me

What a side and season that one was. The sweet, naive, pre Smartys Bench time

I learnt everything I know about coups from you, Yakker and I remain grateful
It's because I love you

Oh captain my (first) captain
go thee well into the Qooty milestone of legends
lest not you fall foul of onerous undertones of discontent
alas, should it be so , I shall gladly stand shoulder to shoulder and deliver the murderous blows that may bring about a bloody coup should you desire

thánatos stous anáxious!!!

p.s, have you seen my Qooty bag at all mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back