Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just travel around the first area completing everything you can before doing the main questline. It helps to level up but also to get used to the controls and combat. Once you reach the next region the game will really open up.

If you get stuck, there are plenty of guides out there.

Yes there's the story, but there's also gameplay and game mechanics. Anything less than Death March you pretty much don't even have to use pots/oils/bombs or even almost signs. It's not like you lose the story by playing on a harder difficulty.

You can always turn it down for individual encounters if you get stuck then turn it back up after.

This is why I always play games on the hardest difficulty. If I play normal or under, in a game where there's a somewhat decent sized inventory system, I don't use anything and the game becomes boring if you miss out on game-play and breeze through it. I'm at the point where I play and have fun laughing at some of the ridiculous stuff on harder difficulties, then figuring out how to deal with it. My favourite part of TW3 were doing the side missions and contracts, not sure it'd be the same if it wasn't for Death March.

2hrs into the game have no idea what I'm doing or where to go lol

Never played a full RPG before, so it's totally new experience.
While the card game Gwent might seem like a waste of time early on, I suggest playing it (because you will almost certainly come to like it if you like the story) and beating the inn keeper before you leave White Orchard - iirc there is a card she has that you can only get if you win it prior to leaving the first time

I had fun with Gwent, but it got disappointingly easy when you had even a few of the proper character cards. I always wanted to play the proper version, but don't really have time to sink into learning a new card game.

Gwent is a total waste. Completely ignore it and any reference to it throughout the game if possible.

I ignored it. They just drop you into this weird card game with no instructions and say have at it

Nah I'm cool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Villager: "Geralt, help us! Our village is being raided by bandits. They're torching our houses and killing our women and children."
Geralt: "Sure, but how about a round of Gwent first?"
Villager: *nods*

i like heading down to the brothel just to play gwent against prostitutes

I might try and get stuck into the DLC very soon after reading through this thread, apparently the last DLC is better than the main game.

I might try and get stuck into the DLC very soon after reading through this thread, apparently the last DLC is better than the main game.

Better than the main game? No. It is excellent, though.

The DLC's are great, but this "better than the main game" thing is a bit rich

Back