Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that she isn't hot, but I don't think she has the right look to play Yen

Does Netflix do nudity? If it were an HBO show it would be a certainty

Plenty of netflix shows have nudity, orange is the new black has heaps, altered carbon as mentioned. Just depends on the show.

Good point. Makes me think of Alexandra Daddorio. Did nudity in True Detective is 32 so has time with the role and those eyes.

images

I'm on board let's start a petition

and look at the first 2 names here https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6533240/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Henry you know what to do :p

Yeah the look will be fine, I imagine it'll be almost a prequel story or at least elements of anyway so he being a bit younger would make sense, unless they are adapting straight from the novels.

Alright conversation has dried up time to move onto Triss. Christina Hendricks, stuff her age and show me those norks.

But seriously Gemma Arterton for mine.

If we go with the red hair version of Triss then give me Jessica Chastain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure that mock-up was taken from twitter
EDIT: Yep, it's not an official poster, was made by this guy
There's a second one he made that's pretty good too

bought his Batman/Bane print the other day. Wish he’d open a store in Melbourne, where he’s based.

Apparently the Witcher sub-reddit is having a bit of a meltdown over the revelation that the casting announcement for the role of Ciri calls for a teenager girl of a minority background.

Will be interesting to see how they manage to make it work given the emphasis on her eye/hair colour and her parentage in the books.

I would have thought that if they wanted to cast for diversity that there would have been plenty of other, less controversial characters to do it with than one of the main ones of Geralt/Yenn/Ciri

Last edited:
It seems a strange choice, blood line being so important in her case. Also kinda got the feeling Emyr is a little bigoted. I get the need for representation but think it’s better to retcon new characters than change the identity of established ones. Chuck in a Zerrakanian Witcher or two.

Last edited:
Apparently the Witcher sub-reddit is having a bit of a meltdown over the revelation that the casting announcement for the role of Ciri calls for a teenager girl of a minority background.

Will be interesting to see how they manage to make it work given the emphasis on her eye/hair colour and her parentage in the books.

I would have thought that if they wanted to cast for diversity that there would have been plenty of other, less controversial characters to do it with than one of the main ones of Geralt/Yenn/Ciri
The outrage laden with references to whitewashing are a bit much (and are missing the point entirely). That said, I'm pretty unhappy about the decision. Don't get me wrong, I think it's admirable that they're being inclusive in their casting. There aren't enough big roles for those of a minority background and I applaud writers and producers for encouraging diversity and for providing these opportunities. When you have a character whose lineage and appearance is central to the plot and context of the (much-adored) source material, however, you represent it as accurately as you can and make these accommodations elsewhere.

Back