Multiplat Things you do that no else does - the video game edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
What are some things you do in games that others may not?

Sometimes when I am playing FIFA or FM, I won't sub until after the 60th minute so just like IRL people who have players in a Fantasy Premier League team get more points.

In FIFA 2001 (PS One days), I would ensure all my midfielders and strikers had the same amount of goals.

What are some of the quirky things you do?

Sometimes when I am playing FIFA or FM, I won't sub until after the 60th minute so just like IRL people who have players in a Fantasy Premier League team get more points.

In FIFA 2001 (PS One days), I would ensure all my midfielders and strikers had the same amount of goals.

What are some of the quirky things you do?
In FM I spend about 20mins at the start of a year going through U21 International teams trying to find players with no contracts for my non-league teams.

In PUBG I used to hide until the end. Assassins creed got boring so now I just hack and slash everyone... none of this silent assassin stuff.

lol yeah this is definitely a good one. Stuff watching someone else play lol
No different imo than being interested in football or tennis etc.
Can play recreationally yourself but enjoy watching the best as well. The best gamers are no different for me.

Enjoyable viewing.

In FM I spend about 20mins at the start of a year going through U21 International teams trying to find players with no contracts for my non-league teams.

In PUBG I used to hide until the end. Assassins creed got boring so now I just hack and slash everyone... none of this silent assassin stuff.

i knew you were a templar.

In Fifa I wait until 65-70 minutes before activating a sub. Sometimes (if being thrashed) I'll change it up at half time.... or auto park the bus :p

I also had a quirk where I'll score with my regular strikers but also get at least one defender on the goals list.

Ohh and another "tradition" I do in every new Fifa is try and score a goal as the goalie. Massive Rafa Nadal fist pumps when I do!!!

I play a list of games yearly (the Arkham games, SMB, Sonic, GTA etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have hundreds of physical games, but there’s probably only a handful that I’ve actually completed the single player of. Many of them might only have a few hours golf playtime in total.

My favourite example of this is driving to another town in order to buy Fallout 4 the day it came out. Played two hours on the first day and actually enjoyed it.

Have not played it again since.

I make exceptions for games with great stories like TLOU, but for a game like Assasins Creed or Rocket League I'll play it without sound haha.

Yeah that's pretty much where I stand. I don't really JUST listen to things. Need to be doing the housework/going for a walk/playing a game where the audio isn't necessary.

I seem to play better while listening to a podcast too. Like if I'm struggling on a hard boss fight I seem to get less psyched out if I'm listening to something else.

As an aside Beck's Seachange and Super Mario Sunshine always remind me of each other because I bought them at the same time and played them together all weekend.

I only play one game at a time. I played Witcher 3 for 8 weeks, then started on the next game. Helps me avoid playing all the games and finishing none.

This is me too.

I like to get fully immersed into something to the point where it dominates my life for weeks...then come up for a breath of air and do it again.

Also, it's a pain in the arse getting buttons mixed up between different games.

This is me too.

I like to get fully immersed into something to the point where it dominates my life for weeks...then come up for a breath of air and do it again.

Also, it's a pain in the arse getting buttons mixed up between different games.

I formatted my PC recently and instead of just reinstalling everything I have just been installing one game at a time and I've actually been able to finish games :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back