Thirds 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Was only 20 pts margin, but yes, in a low scoring game. How does that one result make my argument pointless?
Mount must have had a few blokes out and/or had an off day.
Explain how Moorabbin lost to Dandy three weeks later? Just because you beat one team, doesn't mean you're any good.
IMO, Chelt were one of the form teams in the 2nd half of the year and deserved a finals spot.
But that's football
Moorabbin also only lost to sandown by 2 points. If they fielded that team every week it would be a different story

Was only 20 pts margin, but yes, in a low scoring game. How does that one result make my argument pointless?
Mount must have had a few blokes out and/or had an off day.
Explain how Moorabbin lost to Dandy three weeks later? Just because you beat one team, doesn't mean you're any good.
IMO, Chelt were one of the form teams in the 2nd half of the year and deserved a finals spot.
But that's football

It makes your argument pointless because you said that Mount didn't have the bye and got the win against us - which they didn't. So you could say that if they HAD the bye instead of playing us they would still be ahead of Chelt by one win. Hence your argument is pointless.
And we did beat them easily - 6 goals was wiped from our score for having 19 men on the field for all of 2mins. And they had 3 players in that team that played in their reserves premiership team last year, so they had a reasonable team in.
As for our loss against Dandenong, we did struggle for numbers that week, but no excuses - other teams have the same problem.
I agree, Chelt were one of the form teams of the 2nd half of the year - so were we. But it takes a whole year of good football to play finals, not half. I think there would be a few teams glad that both Chelt & Moorabbin didn't make it...

It makes your argument pointless because you said that Mount didn't have the bye and got the win against us - which they didn't. So you could say that if they HAD the bye instead of playing us they would still be ahead of Chelt by one win. Hence your argument is pointless.
And we did beat them easily - 6 goals was wiped from our score for having 19 men on the field for all of 2mins. And they had 3 players in that team that played in their reserves premiership team last year, so they had a reasonable team in.
As for our loss against Dandenong, we did struggle for numbers that week, but no excuses - other teams have the same problem.
I agree, Chelt were one of the form teams of the 2nd half of the year - so were we. But it takes a whole year of good football to play finals, not half. I think there would be a few teams glad that both Chelt & Moorabbin didn't make it...

No i said that Chelt had the bye early on in the season, can only hypothesize that they would've beaten a Moor team.
That's what may have cost them a chance for finals.
I made a mistake about saying Mount played Moor twice and beat em. Forgive me
As for your win over Mount, all the result says is that you won by 20 pts, so this is news to me.
Rules are rules, can't have more than 18 on the field, i recall multiple times this season where teams were quick to interchange players, was a little bit out of the spirit of the game.
We played Chelt twice during the year, and it was like playing two different teams.
It seemed that as the year went on, the competition got a lot tougher.
We barely changed our lineup from rd 1 through to the end of the year, whereas other teams changed considerably.

No i said that Chelt had the bye early on in the season, can only hypothesize that they would've beaten a Moor team.
That's what may have cost them a chance for finals.
I made a mistake about saying Mount played Moor twice and beat em. Forgive me
As for your win over Mount, all the result says is that you won by 20 pts, so this is news to me.
Rules are rules, can't have more than 18 on the field, i recall multiple times this season where teams were quick to interchange players, was a little bit out of the spirit of the game.
We played Chelt twice during the year, and it was like playing two different teams.
It seemed that as the year went on, the competition got a lot tougher.
We barely changed our lineup from rd 1 through to the end of the year, whereas other teams changed considerably.
We barely had a line up for our first few games. Hopefully next year the thirds can stay strong and a few of the lower teams can get a consistent 18-22 players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good luck to Dingley and Skye
Pretty disappointing to read the record on the weekend and see Mount players listed in the finals squad for both seniors and thirds
if your going to stack your side at least try and be subtle

good luck to Dingley and Skye
Pretty disappointing to read the record on the weekend and see Mount players listed in the finals squad for both seniors and thirds
if your going to stack your side at least try and be subtle

They've been doing it for as long as I can remember. That's why they'll never been anything but a Division 3 club. Surely there are players that play the majority of the year in the team only to get dumped in the finals for the senior & reserves players that have "qualified"...great for team morale!

They had 3 players play this week that have played 1's this year.... Which is down from the 6-7 who played against Chelt a few weeks ago.

If they're qualified they're qualified. There's a lot that's unfair about the 3's comp, if you're good enough you'll win it. As i said at the start of the finals, I thought any of the 5 sides could win the flag.

If they're qualified they're qualified.

This is the issue though. If the player is good enough to be considered for their seniors in a final, they should be nowhere near qualified for thirds.

I will tell you why these players have qualified for 1s and 3s
A new bunch of mates came down to the club at the start of they year between rd 5-10 they keep brining down more mates, these guys play however many games in the 3s play a couple in the 2s and the last few games of the year in the ones. Thus qualifying for both teams. No team at Mount has ever stacked a team to win finals.
The only team that stacks players and always have is Sandown and they still cant win anything losers

Hard to go past Mount tomorrow, who seem to be up and about and also have about half a dozen players with senior experience this year, which should hold them in good stead.

I agree... I've not been to any of the finals games, so it's pretty hard to tip. If I was going on the teams that we played during the year, I'd say Dingley.. But Mount look to have a different side...

Hmm... Might go with the Dingo's in a thriller.

I agree... I've not been to any of the finals games, so it's pretty hard to tip. If I was going on the teams that we played during the year, I'd say Dingley.. But Mount look to have a different side...

Hmm... Might go with the Dingo's in a thriller.

Good choice, the boys were fantastic and believe me, they are still partying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back