This Saturday Night - Festival Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anyone ever been to a professional wrestling gig ?? I used to go every saturday nite when I was at high school, it was a real hoot. Saw plenty of the legends of the squared circle - Mark Lewin, Killer Karl Cox, Haystacks Calhoun, Spiros Arion, Mario Milano, Abdullah The Butcher, Tiger Singh, Sweet Daddy Siki, King Curtis, Lord Layton, Chief Wahoo, Bulldog Brower, Big Bad John and the list goes on !!

Was priviliged enough to be there the night Bulldog Brower body slammed Haystacks Calhoun, nearly broke the ring when he hit the floor.

Do you by any chance remember a masked Wrestler called The Phantom he is a friend of mine.He use to wrestle at festival hall in the old days.

My grandparents were regulars at Festival Hall. I was too young to attend but my grandmother insists that I used to sit in front of the TV screaming "He's got him Meme!" (showing a bit of my ethnic roots there) as Bulldog Brower or Killer Kowalski would grab Mario Milano. For my 12th birthday, she gave me a scrapbook which a neighbour had compiled of clippings and photos from the old Festival Hall days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back