WWE Elimination Chamber Perth [Saturday Feb 24 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

hGIKPzJ.jpeg

Nice photo on the way out

Lot of people shitting on the Waller Effect segment, but nobody mentioning that it turned Waller against Theory.

Sure, it could have been done better but this seems a significant point.

If it happens, turning Waller face in front of the only crowd ready to buy this might have been clever.

Lot of people thinking it will be Logan Paul vs Randy Orton when it is clear based on the press conference they are going towards a triple threat match of Logan Paul vs KO vs Randy Orton for US title instead

Not sure how people missed that

Lot of people shitting on the Waller Effect segment, but nobody mentioning that it turned Waller against Theory.

If it happens, turning Waller face in front of the only crowd ready to buy this might have been clever.
I think it arguably leads to a Theory face turn, he needs the character change far more.

Lot of people thinking it will be Logan Paul vs Randy Orton when it is clear based on the press conference they are going towards a triple threat match of Logan Paul vs KO vs Randy Orton for US title instead

Not sure how people missed that

That should be q really good match.

My biggest disappointment for the weekend was the Undertaker show, geez I wasn't expecting much but wow it was crap.

Long trip Melbourne to Perth.

Perth really is an average city compared to Melbourne Sydney.

That should be q really good match.

My biggest disappointment for the weekend was the Undertaker show, geez I wasn't expecting much but wow it was crap.

Long trip Melbourne to Perth.

Perth really is an average city compared to Melbourne Sydney.
Sydney is a shithole compared to Perth. I’d say you probably just didn’t do it properly . Perth is fine for a few days getting around

Nia Jax has definetly improved out of sight. Wrestling a slower pace and style has made her less of a botch machine. She didn’t need all that pace to her matches anyway. Leg drops and the like is all she needs.

She was definetly the right choice of opponent

I could get on board with that except it was Waller deciding to let Rollins and Cody beat on Theory. That doesn't lend itself to a Theory face turn.
A heel letting his friend get beaten up? Sounds like Theory looks better in that regard, you could easily have it lead to Waller turning on Theory for "holding him back"

A heel letting his friend get beaten up? Sounds like Theory looks better in that regard, you could easily have it lead to Waller turning on Theory for "holding him back"
I like your thinking. There are paths for this story.

But my big question is why, or how is it being overlooked? Sure the segment kind of petered out, and I would have had Waller joining in the attack. But it was clear to me as soon as Austin took over the mic that Waller wasn't happy. Should WWE have made a bigger deal of that or are we just ignorant to nuance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thinking. There are paths for this story.

But my big question is why, or how is it being overlooked? Sure the segment kind of petered out, and I would have had Waller joining in the attack. But it was clear to me as soon as Austin took over the mic that Waller wasn't happy. Should WWE have made a bigger deal of that or are we just ignorant to nuance?
I mean Graves made a comment on it along the lines of "Waller's standing back and letting it happen!!"

I don’t think there’s anything in it other than they couldn’t let Waller get beat up in his home country think it’ll be not talked about again

It was one of the things that made the Waller Effect feel to me like a house show segment - I don't expect anything that happened in that 20 minutes to matter or to even really be referenced again going forward (aside from Cody's challenge I guess.)

Did anyone bother to do the meet and greets at all. I didn’t but was in the city on Saturday and saw Dakota Kai afterwards and then saw Liv Morgan and Candice Larae walking around. Everyone was leaving them alone which was nice

It was one of the things that made the Waller Effect feel to me like a house show segment - I don't expect anything that happened in that 20 minutes to matter or to even really be referenced again going forward (aside from Cody's challenge I guess.)
I went a got a drink

One of the thing's I saw almost all night was people letting complete strangers pose and hold their replica belts for pics

Did anyone bother to do the meet and greets at all. I didn’t but was in the city on Saturday and saw Dakota Kai afterwards and then saw Liv Morgan and Candice Larae walking around. Everyone was leaving them alone which was nice

I did meet and greet at karrinyup for grayson waller on friday mainly cos it was just down the road from me. Also did Dakota Kai one before main event on Saturday. Dunn and Baite was just horrible timing with free press conference starting just after I actually got asked if wanted to go for it since was already lining up for super store friday morning but turned them down thought presser would be better which it was.

I think Waller v Theory will be a story.

So in the last 5 years the WWE has done PPV in Melbourne and in Perth now long do we have to wait for the next PPV and where in Australia or do we go back to 1 week WWE House Shows.
I love the WWE to do a Friday night Live Smackdown in either Brisbane or Melbourne with PPV in Sydney or Sydney host Smackdown with PPV in Brisbane.
I think the WWE will share it around Australia and not use either Perth or Melbourne again for PPV but could be wrong.

So in the last 5 years the WWE has done PPV in Melbourne and in Perth now long do we have to wait for the next PPV and where in Australia or do we go back to 1 week WWE House Shows.
I love the WWE to do a Friday night Live Smackdown in either Brisbane or Melbourne with PPV in Sydney or Sydney host Smackdown with PPV in Brisbane.
I think the WWE will share it around Australia and not use either Perth or Melbourne again for PPV but could be wrong.
Depends on which state government wants to pay them for it, and how much.

Also made the trip from Melbourne to Perth (for the first time) like many others on here. Long trip, but worth it.

Elimination Chamber was an awesome event. If you weren’t there live I can understand why you may not think it was, but the crowd, atmosphere was second to none. My first PLE ever and it felt like we were a part of history. Even though the Waller segment was pretty poor it was good to get Cody and Seth.

The Womens Chamber match by far the best of the night. We were hyped as in the crowd and started multiple chants. Tiffy Time stole the show and was all everybody was talking about at the show.

Tag Match was absolutely lit and the crowd went absolutely nuts for Judgement Day. Huge reaction to them + obviously Dom.

Mens Chamber was good without being amazing. Wanted to see LA Knight take the dub but Drew is fine.

Main Event was a good match. Rhea got her moment.

A damn fine event, especially live. Glad I went.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back