WWE Survivor Series, Sunday 26th November 2023, 12pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I phrased it so crassly for the dramatic effect. I understand that match wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but I personally haven't stopped thinking about it for a week straight now.

Whether you loved it or hated it, the blood spot was a crazy moment in an outrageous match. It's going to be spoken about as this eras Mankind/Taker Hell in a Cell match. I genuinely believe that.

As a result, November 2023 in wrestling is one for the ages.
I haven't even touched on Christian and Adam Copeland which is heating up as we speak as well.

Can't stop thinking about it? You should go watch Jackass.

When is MJF's contract up?

He has signed a long term deal and tbh I think it's the right move.

He was never going to be any bigger then a KO or Sam Zayn.

Still pretty young, cash in on being the big fish in a small pond then back yourself in 5 years to jump ship.

Main Event wrestlers were told of CM Punk returning at the end of the show just before they went out according to reports.

This makes sense.

Can't stop thinking about it? You should go watch Jackass.

Jackass is incredible for pure entertainment purposes.

I don't branch out into death match organisations and WWE and AEW have both been guilty of promoting matches as 'brutal' when everything still feels a bit tame and rehearsed.

Swerve vs Adam Page was the most brutal professional wrestling match I've seen from a major organisation for as long as I can remember. Possibly since Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar Hell in a Cell from 2002 which is criminally underrated.

Good wrestling makes you feel something. If a match hasn't left my brain for 7 days then they've achieved something special. They had a story going in, called back to it multiple times and had the audience eating up every second of it.

Ripley vs Flair was this year's Mania is another one. Nothing brutal involved, but I was completely invested and enthralled and it imprinted itself on my brain longer than any other match from those two days.

I agree that wrestling is in a great way, please don't mention drinking someones blood in connection to the business, seriously that's rubbish.

Sorry not trying turn it into anything, unfortunately I couldn't allow that one to go the keeper.

Oh. My post was the general feel of the post and being positive. That being said, I was a big fan of 99% the match but hated the drinking blood spot FWIW, both disgusting and didn't add anything.

I feel like we're getting Rhea vs Becky, and maybe Io vs Belair. they can do Charlotte vs Jade, and Bayley/Sasha vs Asuka/Kairi (if Sasha returns). as long as we're not getting Charlotte vs Becky part 143674
I thnk Becky Lynch gets left off the card and instead gets involved in the CM Punk feud myself and becomes a part of that. More I think about Logan Pauls match more I think that is the ladder match you need. So id go with

Cody vs Reigns
Rollins/w Becky vs Punk /w AJ
Balor vs Priest
Rhea vs Belair
Rey vs Dom - Mask vs Hair match
Logan Paul vs Bad Bunny vs Riccochet vs LA Knight vs Miz vs Santo Escobar - Ladder match
Jey vs Jimmy - Samoan Street Fight
Charlotte vs Jade
Bayley/Dakota Kai/Sasha Banks vs Asuka/Sane/Iyo
Lesnar vs Gunther
Cena vs Waller
Orton vs Bron Breakker

Feel confident 11 of those happen. Not confident on last one but

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh. My post was the general feel of the post and being positive. That being said, I was a big fan of 99% the match but hated the drinking blood spot FWIW, both disgusting and didn't add anything.
Didn't watch the match but saw it on youtube. yep i'm all for brutallty in a match but drinking your oponent's blood that's where i draw the line that was disgusting and like you said it wasn't needed.

Seth/Punk stuff goes back to the WWE Backstage (the Fox show that Punk was contracted to and not WWE) Seth tweeted him out one week and Punk told him to get off Twitter. There's a video of Seth being interviewed and calling both Logan Paul and Punk selfish, and finishing the quote saying that he still owes a lot to Punk.

Seth was on Logan Paul's podcast a few months ago and they worked together at Mania this year.

Seth is active on Twitter, isn't an idiot and has his finger on the pulse of what's happening.

Played the long game perfectly.

They have grown ups running and leading the company, I think it will be fine.
Lol. Look I'm not going to say AEW handled him or a lot of their business well lately because they didn't. But people pretending like he will magically behave are kidding themselves. He is what he is and how he is.

I would like it to work and go well by the way. Despite how I feel about him personally I know everything he's involved in for however it lasts will be what I enjoy most in wrestling at the time.

Punk even looked way more presentable than he has previously in recent times. He looked like a star rather than a homeless guy.

And not to forget Orton, who appears to have bulked up and looks a million bucks.

This is what I said as soon as both came out. Punk looked... Healthy. He always had a bit of an anaemic, 'sick' look. But he genuinely looked healthy and happy when he came out. Like a weight had been lifted. Which was nice.

Randy himself looked jacked. He has definitely gotten thicker around the neck and shoulders. Reckon it's on doctors advices ro help protect the back and stabilise the spine a bit.

Lol. Look I'm not going to say AEW handled him or a lot of their business well lately because they didn't. But people pretending like he will magically behave are kidding themselves. He is what he is and how he is.

I would like it to work and go well by the way. Despite how I feel about him personally I know everything he's involved in for however it lasts will be what I enjoy most in wrestling at the time.

I just don't think he can beat up the overwhelming majority of the upper card like he could at AEW

I just don't think he can beat up the overwhelming majority of the upper card like he could at AEW
Did that matter last time? If he's going to get a bee in his bonnet over something and feels like being a nuisance it's what he will do. I'll say again I hope it doesn't go that way. I enjoy everything he does wrestling wise but I don't think he can help himself. Should be good/interesting while it lasts at least.

Did that matter last time? If he's going to get a bee in his bonnet over something and feels like being a nuisance it's what he will do. I'll say again I hope it doesn't go that way. I enjoy everything he does wrestling wise but I don't think he can help himself. Should be good/interesting while it lasts at least.

He was personally upset and left after a pretty long run, with pretty much no major incidents occurring.

I don't know that's the end of the world if it happens?

I'm not saying Punk is an angel, nor that he's not done stuff that he shouldn't the last few years but reading a lot of thoughts online with people posting like they have intricate details of what's happened backstage at AEW.

Hard to find a legitimate balanced take on things.

Been disappointing to both read the 'death of AEW' type tweets about Punk's return as much as those about "he'll be gone in a few months".

If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Just sit back and enjoy wrestling and stop treating the companies like football teams.

This is what I said as soon as both came out. Punk looked... Healthy. He always had a bit of an anaemic, 'sick' look. But he genuinely looked healthy and happy when he came out. Like a weight had been lifted. Which was nice.

Randy himself looked jacked. He has definitely gotten thicker around the neck and shoulders. Reckon it's on doctors advices ro help protect the back and stabilise the spine a bit.

Now he just needs to have some implants put in.

He can certainly afford it.

r8hobA2.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back