AEW Worlds End, Sunday 31st December, 2023 12pm AEDT (Zero Hour at 11am AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the worst powerbomb I’ve ever seen. Did Wayne do something to piss Copeland off? He just yeeted him straight across the table.
Probably did him a favour not hitting the table but that's what they wanted massive let down especially after having to firing up the table again.

Real glass type moment.

Wasn't that bad. Didn't detract from the match at all either.

Yep be well deserved for Joe. Let’s hope the devil storyline lives up to expectations. Would be epic trolling if it was TK himself 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end of that kind of flattened me out a bit. I don't mind Joe as champ, but they did it in a way that sucked the air out of everything.

I guess the Devil storyline makes sense, and I guess we know now why it's had to peter along for a little while. Not quite sure how Wardlow fits into the group given the rest of the Kingdom all have history.

If we add that to the Player's Tribune and a couple of other tidbits of news... there's no chance MJF is the World Champ showing up on Monday is there? It would make sense if some AEW contracts were expiring on 31 Dec given the company's start date was 1 Jan.

Overall a solid show, but not one of the better ones this year (which has been an absolutely bonkers year for great PPVs).

This one did feel a little watered down, which I do worry about with the expanded schedule. Hopefully they find a nice balance in time, though having said that All In, All Out and Wrestledream were all close together and were excellent.

Its good they didn't try and get too cute with it.

But as a group, where do they go now?

And where does Joe go? He wasn't the focus of his own title win, which should've been an incredible reward for a phenomenal career. I really loathe it when companies do that, there has to be a better way to end the show and let guys have the shine of their own title win.

They're going to need a ******* electric babyface to heat him up again, and I'm not sure they have one. Nor do I think it'd be wise to put Danielson straight into another title feud with a new champ that he would lose - which is what I suspect they might do now.

If we add that to the Player's Tribune and a couple of other tidbits of news... there's no chance MJF is the World Champ showing up on Monday is there? It would make sense if some AEW contracts were expiring on 31 Dec given the company's start date was 1 Jan.

This is a joke, right?

You think they put all this time into the devil story, finally pay it off but then not have THE central character under contract for the immediate aftermath?

That would make all the bad faith WCW comparisons true.

The end of that kind of flattened me out a bit. I don't mind Joe as champ, but they did it in a way that sucked the air out of everything.

I guess the Devil storyline makes sense, and I guess we know now why it's had to peter along for a little while. Not quite sure how Wardlow fits into the group given the rest of the Kingdom all have history.

If that was true would AEW want to give them a free big move like that? Surely TK would say his contract is expiring.

Also as above why bother with the Devil storyline at all.

I don't know why there's speculation on MJF leaving, he's already re-signed with AEW, he signed early in the year.

The Devil was who we all expected it to be, nice to see Samoa Joe win the belt too.

And where does Joe go? He wasn't the focus of his own title win, which should've been an incredible reward for a phenomenal career. I really loathe it when companies do that, there has to be a better way to end the show and let guys have the shine of their own title win.

They're going to need a ******* electric babyface to heat him up again, and I'm not sure they have one. Nor do I think it'd be wise to put Danielson straight into another title feud with a new champ that he would lose - which is what I suspect they might do now.

Copeland.

I don't know why there's speculation on MJF leaving, he's already re-signed with AEW, he signed early in the year.

The Devil was who we all expected it to be, nice to see Samoa Joe win the belt too.

Yep even when he speaks now about AEW you can just tell he has signed.

I have even read within WWE they believed he has signed until like 2027.

Jesus christ, Joe essentially won clean and beat the current longest reigning AEW champion. Devil storyline was ending here. Glad he wasn't part of the aftermath either.

Alternative was they had him lose or win through some over booked bullshittery.

FMD.

MJF is expected to take a fair amount of time to recover from his injuries, could be looking at a few months at a minimum.

He also supposedly signed his new AEW contract in mid 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back