AEW Worlds End, Sunday 31st December, 2023 12pm AEDT (Zero Hour at 11am AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Joe at the scrum, speaks so well. Hopefully he's a trainer when he's retired. Such a great mind.

Really happy he spoke seriously on dealing with concussion as well.

TK s**t himself when they asked him about Jericho and then went on to say AEW has the safest record of any wrestling company?

You sure about that one big TK?

TK s**t himself when they asked him about Jericho and then went on to say AEW has the safest record of any wrestling company?

I'm not sure you can take anything he says seriously, dodges questions and talks absolute rubbish.

He just shouldn't speak any more bring someone in to be the face.

Why was Jericho being booed?

It was a tough one, hey?

On one hand, he had to be expecting the question. On the other hand? What a rubbish response in light of the news today - especially with Kylie Rae seemingly confirming in the hours before today's show that Jericho invited her alone to a hotel room under a false pretense.

It had to be a stronger response - "we take all accusations seriously, regardless of the source, and we commit to investigating them. I understand that allegations have been made today against Chris Jericho, but on a show day we haven't had the chance to discuss it, nor have I had the chance to discuss with our legal team or with the allegedly aggrieved party."

That's a much better way to avoid the question than what he did, which is essentially deny that anything bad happens in AEW cos their structure apparently prevents it (which is not the case in any business or industry, because you can't prevent it entirely.)

Obviously it's a lie - he would've discussed it with Jericho on a show day when he probably had more access to him - so maybe he could've even gone further and said "I wouldn't expect to see Chris on television until we've had a chance to investigate". But that would largely depend on what's gone on before the show.

----

Just on Toni Storm at the media scrum, if anyone didn't watch it I didn't describe it very well before.

When she was asked about free agents she'd like to face, the question was clearly asking about Mercedes Monet or Guilia - it's why it was so funny when she paused, she stood up, she corpsed the camera, and then said "Wendy Richter, Imma * you up!"

It was so good, that 15 seconds is worth going and seeking out.

Pumped for Joe and hope he gets a good run at it. On paper there’s some very good title match options coming up.

Wish the Devil stuff wasn’t apart of Joe winning it though just don’t like it and talk about one of the most underwhelming reveals/ payoffs to a storyline.

Pumped for Joe and hope he gets a good run at it. On paper there’s some very good title match options coming up.

Wish the Devil stuff wasn’t apart of Joe winning it though just don’t like it and talk about one of the most underwhelming reveals/ payoffs to a storyline.
It was better than it being Jack Perry…

I assumed the severity of Cole's injury was being played up IF he was eventually revealed as the devil.

However there is even a photo of he and Strong backstage and he's still got the crutches. How long will this thing go on for with a one legged man in charge of it?

That was an outcome I hadn't considered. That it was Cole's, AND he was still injured.

Just finished the show. (yet to see the scrum)

Killswitch winning the battle royal (and TNT title shot) and giving it to Christian Cage right after he lost the TNT title was good.
With the Continental Classic over, I wish Danielson would just rest up until he's all good.
The news about Andrade leaving for WWE made his match result predictable.
Toni Storm on a roll.
Hope Keith Lee is ok, the match with Swerve should have been booked ages ago and it's still somehow been avoided.
The other 8 man tag was a complete downer with everyone pilling on Jericho, and then hearing CM Punk chants for no reason, a portion of the fans trying to hijack the match were out of line there, felt sorry for Sting especially.
Eddie Kingston winning was cool.
As for the main event, happy for Joe, and I'm glad Wardlow is part of the faction in the reveal. I had a hunch that it would be Cole, Roddy and The Kingdom, but didn't know where Wardlow stood in all of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was Jericho booed?

Was it because the rubbish he was spewing Xmas Day on Twitter about the NDA? Or is it something else?

I couldn't hear some of the chants.
He's being accused of hitting on Kylie Rae when she was in the company from what I understand.

He's being accused of hitting on Kylie Rae when she was in the company from what I understand.

Ohh wow she left didn't she a couple years ago?

Just a side note about the all star 8 man tag, Jay Lethal had 0 points in the Continental Classic and then took the pin in the match.

Hope things turn around for him because he's better than that.
looked like a slight tease of dissension with Sonjay, so they could always have him team with Briscoe?

I bought this just for Christian vs Adam Copeland which didnt disappoint since its the best thing in wrestling right now. Was a big questioner of the point of Luchasaurus being involved still but LOVED that swerve.

For the card overall

Andrade vs Miro - Just okay
Storm vs Riho - Dont like the character or Storm dogging it so wasnt a fan. She is in cruise mode
Sweve Strickland vs Dustin Rhodes - Should have had someone else but obviously didnt when you have 870 people on the card. Dustin did the best with the hand grenade he got so fair play to him
4 man tag - Absolutely trash match. It had zero chemistry and crowd was bored from minute 1. These matches need to stop. No one enjoys them
Hart vs Abadon - Felt it was the better of the 2 womens matches for sure
Christian vs Copeland - Match of the night and great storyline. Worth the money I paid for this
Kingston vs Moxley - Is Mox injured? DIdnt seem himself but otherwise just okay
MJF vs Samoa Joe - Terrible match and execution of everything. MJF obviously needs some time off though. Even the diehard fans here can see how dumb Adam Cole being the Devil is. Everyone knows it needed to be someone new or well better. The 4 men involved just make no sense either. Commentators could barely put together who they were cos it made no sense. Out of 100 options they choose the 101st worst one to pick I feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back