WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday 28th January 2024, 12pm AEDT (pre-show at 11am)

Remove this Banner Ad

1992 LOL.

serious answer: maybe last year's?

I remember Cody coming out at 30 and it been insanely predictable last year. Also was back to front in regard to the heel was up against the odds at the end. Can’t remember it receiving a positive reception but could be wrong.

Either way it was overshadowed by the brilliant ending and moment at the conclusion of the event

Sure the Bloodline stuff is stale but they aren’t doing anything different to Mania.

Cody beats Roman at Mania the reaction will be huge.

They are stuck in a holding pattern because of how deep they went with Roman they had to end it at Mania last year and because they didn’t they had to go again.

I watched with a few mates I’d consider casual fans who watch on and off, and this is exactly what they said. Especially for the women’s Rumble.

I watch pretty regularly, and I really had to wait until they showed the person on screen more often than not

I'm also still confused as to why they highlighted Rhea's arrival on the pre-show (in that ripping outfit) only to not have her appear on the show at all.

I say this as someone who's enjoyed a lot of the product over the last few years: this was one of the most insanely boring shows I've ever watched.

This and Mania are the shows to pull some newbies, casuals, returning watchers etc. back in as fans as they'll watch those two shows if they're going to watch anything so to then deliver that absolute dud of a show is pretty poor imo.

have her sit next to the commentators and pretend to be interested for an hour plus?

I actually didn't see her on the pre-show other than her arrival, so you've probably answered my question.

I was fast forwarding through it to get to the opening of the show.

Men’s rumble was very poor.

Not interested at Cody v reigns at all. If Cody wins at Mania, yes he’ll get a huge pop, but I think he will be a terrible champ. I’m not looking forward to more whiny Cody promos. He was insufferable when he was TNT champ in AEW.

Sounds like Logan Paul Kevin Owen’s feud will continue. Does it have enough steam to go WM or will it end at elimination chamber. That should be good.

Not many rumble storyline’s that could build towards a WM match. Hopefully we get Cargill v Belair.

Men’s rumble was very poor.

Not interested at Cody v reigns at all. If Cody wins at Mania, yes he’ll get a huge pop, but I think he will be a terrible champ. I’m not looking forward to more whiny Cody promos. He was insufferable when he was TNT champ in AEW.

Sounds like Logan Paul Kevin Owen’s feud will continue. Does it have enough steam to go WM or will it end at elimination chamber. That should be good.

Not many rumble storyline’s that could build towards a WM match. Hopefully we get Cargill v Belair.
depends who they have lined up as challengers/feuds. so often we see a wrestler have the big moment, and then it's a total fizzer after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things that I now know:

1) The Bloodline story entirely ran out of petrol like six months ago, and the fatal fourway was almost entirely heatless. The extra year was a mistake.

2) Within the last 12 months they went from Sami being the hottest act in wrestling to a guy that has been booked so weakly that he barely even got a tepid reaction to his surprise entry. And nor should he have, he then went to job to the guy that took him out in weak fashion again. What a waste.

3) Logan Paul is literally just doing the same routine as Roman as an absent champion with heavy interference in every match. It's even worse, because I honestly don't think anyone knows or gives a s**t about his podcast characters.

4) Cody is getting stale, and he's not even won the title yet. The crowds havent turned on him, but the booking problem they created by having to keep him strong for another year to repeat the title match has made for dull television.

5) Having a really self indulgent extended end to the rumble only works if the guys are still able to work when its their time.

Agree with most apart from Cody he is as over as anyone and the blokes put in the work every feud and every promo has been pretty good.

Maybe it was because I was violently hungover but jee that was a boring men’s rumble match.

Going to Elimination Chamber in Perth and starting to feel concerned it’s going to be a complete filler show.

I was thinking about it, and just pinpointed the exact moment that ruined the flow and hype.

After a great rumble from the women, the FIFTEEN minute introduction for the Fatal 4 Way just killed any momentum and took the wind out of the sails of everyone.

I was thinking about it, and just pinpointed the exact moment that ruined the flow and hype.

After a great rumble from the women, the FIFTEEN minute introduction for the Fatal 4 Way just killed any momentum and took the wind out of the sails of everyone.

Should have went on first the Fatal 4 way.

Agree with most apart from Cody he is as over as anyone and the blokes put in the work every feud and every promo has been pretty good.

I'm only speaking of my own subjective enjoyment.

I don't think this has been a very good year story telling in terms of his character. They haven't done anything to really sell the difficulty caused by the loss at mania, self doubt or anything of the kind. Just line it up, he runs through it no dramas, and wins every match. I'm a bit bored with it, in the same way that I get bored every time they do the same thing, whether it was Cena, face Roman or anyone else.

I'm only speaking of my own subjective enjoyment.

I don't think this has been a very good year story telling in terms of his character. They haven't done anything to really sell the difficulty caused by the loss at mania, self doubt or anything of the kind. Just line it up, he runs through it no dramas, and wins every match. I'm a bit bored with it, in the same way that I get bored every time they do the same thing, whether it was Cena, face Roman or anyone else.
he lost to Brock IIRC?

he lost to Brock IIRC?

Sure and frankly I'd forgotten about that, but as part of a story where he decisively beat him clean in the rubber match.

In two since return years he's won consecutive rumbles, the tag team titles, lost like two or three times in total, and if he beats Roman will have cleanly beaten both of the 'final bosses' from WWE in the last decade.

Or was it the Solo interference version #315123331?

It's not even heat any more, people just audibly groan at having to watch the same thing over and over and over and over.

Probably wrong, but right now I feel the vibe of Rhea defending in the Chamber.

It's probably the only thing we can get excited about (and I will support her), but having absolutely nothing with any stakes from the men's side of the Wrestlemania main events a month out is a pretty s**t offering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back