WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday 28th January 2024, 12pm AEDT (pre-show at 11am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time will tell if Rollins can get up, otherwise I reckon Punk if he wins it
The problem isn't if he'll be fit for Mania, it's the fact he's pretty much a sitting duck with the title until Mania.

If he did a hamstring, then fair enough 4 weeks is fine to heal while being champ, but MCL tears are too long.

It's also before the courts, and it's his wife's father who is in the s**t.

Cut the guy some slack.

That is a FUUUCKING LOT of slack to let him get away with saying nothing at all.

Imagine being a female worker or employee of WWE. He owed it to them to say something, if not their "WWE Universe".

That is a FUUUCKING LOT of slack to let him get away with saying nothing at all.

Imagine being a female worker or employee of WWE. He owed it to them to say something, if not their "WWE Universe".

I'm sure discussions have happened behind closed doors. 30 women wrestled today, plus the appearance of 2 champions, there was 1 announcer, a couple of backstage interviewers, and countless other women were no doubt working behind the scenes.
I'd say they're fine.

There'll be more official lines for the press and WWE universe to come no doubt.

Triple H being ******* (rightfully) crushed by the entire wrestling industry for his cowardice on social media.

The problem isn't if he'll be fit for Mania, it's the fact he's pretty much a sitting duck with the title until Mania.

If he did a hamstring, then fair enough 4 weeks is fine to heal while being champ, but MCL tears are too long.

Good thing that Priest still has the MITB. There's so much they could do between now and Mania with that and Seth's knee. They'll just be waiting to see how he recovers I'd imagine.

HHH's reply was essentially 'I don't really care, Ima flex about the $ we are gonna make on these deals'.

Just disgusting.

I'm sure discussions have happened behind closed doors. 30 women wrestled today, plus the appearance of 2 champions, there was 1 announcer, a couple of backstage interviewers, and countless other women were no doubt working behind the scenes.
I'd say they're fine.

There'll be more official lines for the press and WWE universe to come no doubt.

Would you? I'm glad you're confident from the other side of the world with your intimate knowledge of the company. What was your view when Vince was abusing his previous victims given your insinuation that you're either a mindreader or you're familiar with his victims?

More idiotic bullshit from men who think it's women's responsibility to protect each other.

We've all heard the annoying wishy-washy official responses, it's why it was so, so bad that Levesque couldn't even be bothered coming up with one today.

Would you? I'm glad you're confident from the other side of the world with your intimate knowledge of the company. What was your view when Vince was abusing his previous victims given your insinuation that you're either a mindreader or you're familiar with his victims?

More idiotic bullshit from men who think it's women's responsibility to protect each other.

We've all heard the annoying wishy-washy official responses, it's why it was so, so bad that Levesque couldn't even be bothered coming up with one today.

Relax buddy. Take a valium and go have a lie down.

HHH's reply was essentially 'I don't really care, Ima flex about the $ we are gonna make on these deals'.

Just disgusting.

No wonder fans would rather talk about demos and numbers than the product; the company puts them on a pedestal, even above basic human decency.

Relax buddy. Take a valium and go have a lie down.

We're never going to change attitudes if you can't/don't point out to people where those attitudes are damaging.

I'm not suggesting it's deliberate, very often it's not. But the suggestion you've basically made - that women have safety in numbers - is a dangerous attitude, because it reverses the onus of responsibility. You're suggesting that women are/should be safe in numbers because they will/should look after each other.

In reality, one woman in a room with 30 men should be safe, because each of those 30 men has the individual, personal responsibility to not be a shithead (just as one woman in a room with the Chairman and his sick AF offsider should've been safe.) No one has the luxury of outsourcing personal responsibility for shitty behaviour.

See what I'm saying?

I'm going to ignore your whack at mental health sufferers who use benzos.

Just disgusting.

People went hard on his level involvement earlier this week on the back of nothing, but he had a good opportunity with enough time to prepare an answer that was respectful but broad enough that he wasn't causing any legal issues. 100% could and should have done better. Was disappointing.

Don't see the point of pro wrestling/combat sports pressers.....s**t even any sports presser. You'll never get a proper answer out of any leadership figure on important issues, and questions lobbed to athletes/wrestlers are just lazy unimaginative questions.

99% of sports journalists are hacks or hacks that want to be part of the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're never going to change attitudes if you can't/don't point out to people where those attitudes are damaging.

I'm not suggesting it's deliberate, very often it's not. But the suggestion you've basically made - that women have safety in numbers - is a dangerous attitude, because it reverses the onus of responsibility. You're suggesting that women are/should be safe in numbers because they will/should look after each other.

In reality, one woman in a room with 30 men should be safe, because each of those 30 men has the individual, personal responsibility to not be a shithead - no one has the luxury of outsourcing personal responsibility for shitty behaviour. (Just as one woman in a room with the Chairman and his sick AF offsider should've been safe.)

See what I'm saying?

I'm going to ignore your whack at mental health sufferers who use benzos.

That's a better response than your last, thank you.

My suggestion was that multiple women happily worked today for WWE, not that there is safety in numbers as you said.

I'm intimately familiar with the corporate world and human resources, and suggested this topic has already been discussed with all talent, employees, and contractors working with WWE this weekend, as it was also a unique opportunity (majority of staff attending the PLE) to talk to everyone together. I do not know this for sure and it's only an assumption, but a safe and solid workplace would address these matters internally ASAP.

As this matter is before the courts and is also a personal nature to Paul Levesque, and the fact is was specifically a press conference specifically for the Royal Rumble, I will cut him some slack for his lack of response.
We should expect some public statements from TKO & WWE soon, if not another press conference.

As for me, I've already made a post on my opinion of Vince, search it if you like.

Finally, telling you to take a Valium is not a "whack at mental health sufferers". It's a whack at you for your previous post whacking me.

Loved the ending with Cody winning and pointing towards Roman bring on WM!

Hopefully we end his reign and Cody finishes his story

Surely that's what happens now.
I can't imagine what would happen to Cody if he were to lose to Roman again.

People went hard on his level involvement earlier this week on the back of nothing, but he had a good opportunity with enough time to prepare an answer that was respectful but broad enough that he wasn't causing any legal issues. 100% could and should have done better. Was disappointing.

I think we can all agree he didn’t handle it well. Without being a media manager, I think to say it’s “been an amazing week” within his response was clearly not the direction he should have taken.

I couldn’t imagine how hard of a position he must be in also. Vince is his father in-law and grandfather of his children. Who knows what direction he was given by higher ups too.

I don’t know about long ago, but from the outside, the last few years as he’s taken over the creative side he’s seemed like a good leader and a class act.

Business as usual
Roman will still be champion until at least Wrestlemania 41

Roman needs to finish his story!

This is from Wrestling Junkie from April 2023: link here

Reigns would pass Hulk Hogan on Sep. 12, 2024​

Guess this means no matchup with The Rock at WrestleMania 40. Jokes aside, however, making it to No. 3 on the all time list would require Reigns to make it through not just Mania next year but SummerSlam as well.

Reigns would pass Bob Backlund on July 6, 2026​

We’re getting a bit silly here, but this would take place on the Raw right after July 4 weekend three years from now. There’s just a huge gap between Hogan and Backlund, who held his title so long it was renamed whole doing so — and not without some controversy to his reign and whether it actually was uninterrupted.

Reigns would pass Bruno Sammartino again on May 3, 2028​

Well, Bloodline fans can always dream, we suppose. Reigns would be closing in on his 43rd birthday if he somehow makes it to this point. It doesn’t seem very likely, but you could easily have said the same thing about him even making it this far back when he was the muscle of The Shield, so … you never know, at least for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back