AEW Revolution - Monday 4th March 2024 12pm AEDT (Zero Hour 10.30am - Link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Ospreay/Takeshita would be match of the night, I didn't expect it to be that good though. Wow. Says it all really, when my dad, who basically just likes wrestling like it was in 60s and 70s, dislikes overly choreographed spot fests etc, turns to me after the finish and says "i think that's the best wrestling match I've ever seen". I'm about to watch it again anyway.

World title was as expected, not easy following Os/Take really, but got the job done in telling the story, getting Hangman some time off for messing with the refs, enhancing the face turn for Swerve by not using the crown and keeping Joe neutral as *.

Don't even know what to say about the Main Event... loved the intro. Love Darby and Sting, and I love blood, but the Darby spot makes me question whether I want to see someone do that for my entertainment. I love the bravery, I appreciate it cos I enjoy watching it, but *, ya gotta look after yourself at some point. Happy with how it ended, definitely will be a match and PPV I remember, perfect tribute to the Icon.

Thankyou Sting.

Wonder what the end game is for these failed Max Caster raps are. Good to see PAC is on the way back, has had a snakebit run the last few years. Christian Cage vs Garcia solid. Very much enjoyed Danielson vs Kingston great energy from the crowd.

Scramble match solid, but would have taken out some of the smaller guys and gone full MEAT MADNESS. Glad Roddy is getting a run with the International title, Interesting Kyle O'Reilly is back and rejected the Undisputed Kingdom shirt, also he looked like he just got out of bed lol.

BCC vs FTR a good tag match, was cool that Mox and Claudio came out with the Road Warrior style shoulder pads. Womens title match I thought underdelivered, was fooled at the start with Mariah May coming out as old school Toni Storm.

Ospreay vs Takeshita was a match of the year contender, absolutely insane. The world title match had a massive task ahead of them to follow the match prior but I thought they did well, wonder what happens with Hangman now after beating up the refs, suspension?

Sting video package before his entrance was well done, Darby is insane, hell, even Sting was insane with some of the bumps he took, but also the no selling he was doing was great haha. A feel good ending with Stinger and Darby getting the win. Some say you should lose on the way out (and it's a fair point), but on the other hand Darby is still around, so at least he gets another W to his record.

another title for Vacant! tournament to begin this month, format TBC

Other notes from the scrum:

Ospreay said he wants to win world titles, retire Billy Gunn, and get a Nando's sponsorship.

Toni Storm's whole segment is very entertaining.

Sting said he stopped using roids in 1990, but his tag partner Warrior kept going with it.

If you're not going to watch the whole thing, at least skip through to watch Toni. She is absolutely hilarious, I couldn't possibly love her more.

Christ I'll pop if we get a Wendi Richter appearance costing Toni the title!

If you're not going to watch the whole thing, at least skip through to watch Toni. She is absolutely hilarious, I couldn't possibly love her more.

“And to anyone else that wants my title… You can * off. There’s a ranking system now and you can bloody well use it.”

I could if she wasnt a walking botchfest. She makes Nia Jax seem like Mrs Safety

Finally got round to finishing this. One of the best PPV or PLE whatever you want to call it.

Not a huge fan of multi man matches like battle royals but they made that scramble as good as could be. Wardlow could be huge for them if booked right so let’s hope it’s all momentum and not dropping the ball again.

Give me Claudio v Osprey ASAP! That will be so good in the ring.

Great career from Sting. Like the Undertaker I think he will go down as one of the all time great wrestling characters ever. Sometimes his in ring work was underrated and slid under the radar but to do what he’s been able to do and eeek as much life out of the character as he has hats off to him.

Ospreay and Takeshita goes without saying, nothing further to add.

But gee that main event was done so well. Flipped the script a bit with Sting carrying the match. He wrestled like it was his last match and they booked it accordingly.

I'm not the Bucks biggest fan, but they deserve a lot of credit. They played their part perfectly while not doing most of their usual stuff. As it should have been, Sting was the star of the show. Apart from Darby almost killing himself - couldn't have booked it better.

In terms of pacing of a show, hard to think of another PLE/PPV done so well. Still can't believe that was a four hour show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MELTzer ratings:
Statlander & Willow vs. Skye & Julia: 2
Bang Bang Scissor Gang vs. Lethal, Jarrett, Private Party, and Willie Mack: 2
Christian Cage vs. Daniel Garcia: 3.75
Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson: 4.75
All-Star Scramble: 3.25
Roderick Strong vs. Orange Cassidy: 4
BCC vs. FTR: 4.75
Toni Storm vs. Deonna Purrazzo: 2.75
Will Ospreay vs. Konosuke Takeshita: 5.75
Samoa Joe vs. Swerve vs. Hangman: 4.5
Sting & Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks: 4.75
------------
seems a bit harsh on the women's tag. it was a bit clunky in places but it was good towards the end.

MELTzer ratings:
Statlander & Willow vs. Skye & Julia: 2
Bang Bang Scissor Gang vs. Lethal, Jarrett, Private Party, and Willie Mack: 2
Christian Cage vs. Daniel Garcia: 3.75
Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson: 4.75
All-Star Scramble: 3.25
Roderick Strong vs. Orange Cassidy: 4
BCC vs. FTR: 4.75
Toni Storm vs. Deonna Purrazzo: 2.75
Will Ospreay vs. Konosuke Takeshita: 5.75
Samoa Joe vs. Swerve vs. Hangman: 4.5
Sting & Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks: 4.75
------------
seems a bit harsh on the women's tag. it was a bit clunky in places but it was good towards the end.
He's actually marked that pretty hard, I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back