AEW All In London, Monday 28th August 2023, 3am AEST (Zero Hour 2am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised FTR and The Bucks stole the show.

Where’s Wardlow? He injured?

Not surprised FTR and The Bucks stole the show.

Where’s Wardlow? He injured?

Apparently the guy that stole his stuff from his car was a shoot and included his passport.

I dont follow it that much, pretty entertaining show. Literally every result was obvious to a very casual observer though, was any of that a surprise?

Ospray and that Darby fella are destined for later life in a wheelchair. Mental

I dont follow it that much, pretty entertaining show. Literally every result was obvious to a very casual observer though, was any of that a surprise?

Ospray and that Darby fella are destined for later life in a wheelchair. Mental

That was almost tame for Darby standards as well. The bloke is made of rubber. It's incredible.

That honestly felt like a Wrestlemania. I remember being younger and feeling a buzz for hours post a strong Mania show. I've felt that way all afternoon following All In.

Everything delivered. An elite show on a grand scale.

Actually felt the weakest match on the card was the Golden Elite vs Bullet Club Gold and Konoske. And it was still good.

That main event was something else. Almost a new genre. I will say, considering the Eddie Guererro spots involved in it, I wonder how much of this current angle and the match were influenced by Eddie's final feud with Batista before his passing? There are certainly some similarities, however the dial is turned up to 11 with the MJF and Adam Cole relationship.

That was almost tame for Darby standards as well. The bloke is made of rubber. It's incredible.
Ive seen a few of his matches and yeah seems a maniac but doing so much damage to your back is beyond stupid. Moxleys another who doesnt want to make it to 60 by the looks. Hes boring AF to me but makes so needlessly risky moves

I was entertained anyway. Couldn't watch it weekly but the big events are pretty fun.

I am so sick of the Mox slander, guy gets so much unnecessary hate for carrying on the legacies of guys like Terry Funk. Just an endless amount of dorks who are squeamish over a little blood.

Stampede (along with Cole/MJF) was my favourite match of the night. Those skewers to the head were ****ed, love Mox for that s**t! I don't care how often he bleeds! At least you know you'll always get 110% from him every match. That ladder spot with Penta/Santana almost went horribly wrong :/. Loved the finish of OC dipping his fist in glass too.

Loved the finish of the main event too, from double pin onwards. Though if I were booking, I would've had Strong cost them the ROH Tag belts by hitting MJF earlier, and then cost Cole in the ME. * the double-turn. Brochachos has run its course, I don't think its something you can drag along much more anyway.

Hearing Stings old music was cool too, as were a lot of the entrances. I know its unlikely, but a return of surfer Sting on the cards before he retires? The music, Brian Cage with the surfer Sting make-up recently (as well as having "Cage" on his tights that looks like a scorpion. Or is it all just coincidence?

Also, two of Swerves dreads poked out the top of the coffin, so I say there's a ??? over the victory!

Was worried about Jericho's ability to deliver such a high profile match, but he did the spot justice. Would still love to see Guevara and Ospreay go h2h.

Hopefully HoB losing trios means we can get a Malikai singles run and maybe Matthews/King tag run going

It was 5 years ago that just 10k for a (non-WWE) event was a pipedream, but 81k and the pro-wrestling record crowd? Just insane.

The AEW tag title match was terrific, shame the Bucks didn't shake FTR's hands at the end. I actually thought FTR would drop the belts and Cash would take the pin after the stunt he pulled the other day.

Liked the spot in the Stampade match where Sue in the van had cookies on a pan, and Trent used it to hit Claudio in the head.

Big win for Saraya in her home country, who would have thought this was possible after her neck problems that forced her to retire as well. Although it looks like The Outcasts might not last much longer. Toni Storm with god save the queen as her theme wtf haha.

Some of the crowd involvement like them chanting "Wild Thing", Swerve saying "whose house?", Jericho's entrance, the Acclaimed stuff and even them chanting the MJF theme was cool.

Interesting that there was no big turn either way in the MJF/Cole match, and they hugged it out. I was certain Roddy was going to be involved in some type of swerve, either Roddy screws a babyface Cole over, or Cole turns heel and reunites with Roddy and the Kingdom, or MJF shows Cole to never trust the devil etc. Maybe they keep this going with an ROH tag title run, and then pull the trigger on it later.

I also wonder how much $ Tony Khan dropped on some of the music that were used for several people.

Hearing Sting and Darby come out to Seek and Destroy was great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great PPV. Good ending in the main event, builds it up more, just wondering who turns on who. Loved that Aussie Open started the pre show. Loved Seek and Destroy for Sting. Match of the Night obviously was FTR vs Bucks.

Cringed when jack Perry whined and said “That’s real glass, now cry me a river.” Comes across as a petulant little child, where the comment was obviously directed at Punk. Pleased he won’t be on collision anymore.

But when Punk does it it's just a very clever remark, isn't that right? 😅

Remember you enjoying 'counterfeit Bucks' as an example.

Last edited:
Show lived up to a lot of the hype and I think it will always be looked back on fondly and as a landmark moment for obvious reasons.

Didn’t see the pre show matches, but found every match on the main card delivered. Didn’t feel like you got much of a rest either as it was just great match after great match.

Of all the matches I loved the main event the most. Obviously the most story driven match which is to my preference. It was fantastic and had me invested the whole way through. I’ve never been high on Cole like some, but his facials and storytelling in this match were brilliant. Same with MJF.

Other little bits I liked:
-Bray lantern tribute by HOB.
-Veterans like Sting, Billy Gunn & Chris Jericho still delivering on such a big stage
-Seek and Destroy. Loved it as a big WCW/Sting nuff from back in the day.
-Day time wrestling. Dunno why but I don’t mind it, at certain events. Obviously the entrances don’t come off as good though.

Oh and late like…. It was on Foxtel/Kayo live

Last edited:
But when Punk does it it's just a very clever remark, isn't that right? 😅

Remember you enjoying 'counterfeit Bucks' as an example.

There is a difference between clever and petulance. The line of the counterfeit bucks was clever, as it used ambiguity to get the point across. The line about real glass, just comes across as victim mentality like a petulant child not getting their own way. Both comments did provoke a reaction though…

There is a difference between clever and petulance. The line of the counterfeit bucks was clever, as it used ambiguity to get the point across. The line about real glass, just comes across as victim mentality like a petulant child not getting their own way. Both comments did provoke a reaction though…

Eh, they're the exact same in my book; both petulant but ultimately harmless.

'Petulant child not getting their own way' is certainly describing someone in the fiasco to a tee 😂

What a great show. Going into the show I wasn’t that enthused by the matches announced but the combination of a huge and hot crowd and AEW’s typically fantastic quality wrestling matches overcame any perceived lack of build. Some absolute chaos in this show, particularly the stampede match and the English crowd loves the crazy violent stuff lol. The show never got bogged down or slowed down and maintained a great pace from start to finish. From pre show to the final match this may be one of the best PPV’s I’ve seen. Phenomenal effort by all the wrestlers who clearly gave 100% and great work by Tony Khan for for forking out for some great entrance music. Great show. Oh, and Nigel Maguiness is fantastic.

Absolutely loved the show. I don't want to get into the technical side too much because a show this size is about the event, and as far as that goes, I think they hit out of the park. I thought most of the matches were good, the MJF-Cole matches told the story well and kept you guessing. I think the turn will come, but for this event, I think continuing the theme of them hugging it out hit the right note. Loved Punk using the Pepsi Plunge to go over Joe. Also loved the finish in the trios match where Takeshita stole the pin on Omega. Moxley with the skewers hanging out of his head will be an iconic image, but out of all that I just want the rivalry between Kingston & Claudio to start taking centre stage, the back story is great, it's now time to run with it. Saraya going over and winning the title was the most obvious thing in the world but I think for her to have that moment made it worthwhile. Sting again showed that he's still got it! Best match of the night - FTR and the Bucks, which was no surprise. I can't stand the Bucks, but credit to them for putting FTR over. Yet, I'm sure they'll have a re-match next year and the Bucks will get their moment.

It's such a shame that, for the 2nd time in a year, the backstage stuff has overshadowed a really incredible PPV.

This was a tremendous show, and no one is talking about it :(

If Meltzer ratings are your thing (one way or the other)…
  • MJF & Cole vs. Aussie Open : 2.75
  • HOOK vs. Jack Perry : 3.25
  • CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe : 3.5
  • Golden Elite vs. Takeshita & BC Gold : 4.5
  • FTR vs. Young Bucks : 4.75
  • Stadium Stampede Match : 4.5
  • Saraya vs. Shida vs. Storm vs. Baker : 2.75
  • Darby & Sting vs. Swerve & Cage : 4.25
  • Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho : 4.75
  • The Acclaimed vs. House Of Black : 2.5
  • MJF vs. Adam Cole : 4.5

If Meltzer ratings are your thing (one way or the other)…
  • MJF & Cole vs. Aussie Open : 2.75
  • HOOK vs. Jack Perry : 3.25
  • CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe : 3.5
  • Golden Elite vs. Takeshita & BC Gold : 4.5
  • FTR vs. Young Bucks : 4.75
  • Stadium Stampede Match : 4.5
  • Saraya vs. Shida vs. Storm vs. Baker : 2.75
  • Darby & Sting vs. Swerve & Cage : 4.25
  • Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho : 4.75
  • The Acclaimed vs. House Of Black : 2.5
  • MJF vs. Adam Cole : 4.5

only one I agree with him here is MJF vs Adam Cole. FTR is close to what it should be as well. Hook and Jack is way too high as is the stampede, Osprey/Jericho and Darby, Sting/swerve, Christian. Just a little bit too high Punk/Joe Elite
/BCGold FTR/Bucks. Rated to low MJF,Cole/Aussie Open acclaimed/HOB.

Meltzer really showing his favourites here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back