AEW WrestleDream, Monday 2nd October 2023, 11am AEDT (Zero Hour pre-show 10am AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Naturally event has delivered.

That steel step spot from Darby was brutal. I hope Tony has a solid medical plan for everyone in AEW lol. Lot of talent going to be barely walking if they make it to old age.

Holy Christ's balls!

Best PPV AEW has ever done.

I never thought they'd get Copeland - and I didn't really care, I've not been much of a fan since he came back during COVID - but goddamn I changed my mind watching that, it was friggen incredible! Everything about it was perfect, right down to the disappointment of thinking "they put this on last for... a Nick Wayne heel turn?"

Such an incredible show, I'm glad I watched it live. It's the first AEW PPV in ages I remember watching from start to finish, without the need for a break. The show was paced really well, and even when it got to be a lot, because there was so much quick succession leading up to the tag match... well then you were watching an incredible tag match, so you moved past the exhaustion.

Calm down Habib

There was the tiniest of tiny Venn diagram crossovers between being an old bastard, being familiar with the golden generation of SBS Australian wog comedy, and actually remembering the joke (as well as being an AEW fan I guess!), that was going to catch me out stealing that gag.

I'm beyond stunned that there's 2 of us here!

Be interesting with the mid card shuffle and whether the TNT title gets defended or we get a string of trios matches. Hopefully the program with Christian is a quick one.

See some fresh matchups now and not the same group of guys fighting each other.

Be interesting with the mid card shuffle and whether the TNT title gets defended or we get a string of trios matches. Hopefully the program with Christian is a quick one.

See some fresh matchups now and not the same group of guys fighting each other.

I would imagine the shake up happens on Collision. Danielson has been holding it up since All Out, but I think TK has likely just backed up Punk’s truck (and maybe a couple more) to essentially sub him into that position… albeit with a lot more professionalism!

I have to say, I'm all for talent trading between AEW and WWE, we'll never get the territory days again, but if talent want to jump companies every few months why should you stop them? I don't see any downsides. It keeps things fresh.

Very happy for Edge. Great reaction.

He did everything he could in WWE and they are invested in pushing Cody LA Knight and the Judgement Day in particular going forward so it wasn’t really much use in him sticking around.

Fresh challenge for him which will be great and good experience / leadership for the AEW locker room.

I have to say, I'm all for talent trading between AEW and WWE, we'll never get the territory days again, but if talent want to jump companies every few months why should you stop them? I don't see any downsides. It keeps things fresh.

No downsides at all. We're going to be seeing it a lot more now.

Copeland is where he should be and will be a great influence on the lockroom that sorely needs it. WWE don't need him.

Same with Cargill going over - will get some development working at the WWE PC.

I would imagine the shake up happens on Collision. Danielson has been holding it up since All Out, but I think TK has likely just backed up Punk’s truck (and maybe a couple more) to essentially sub him into that position… albeit with a lot more professionalism!

Yeah good point. Probably tags with FTR soon id imagine.

No downsides at all. We're going to be seeing it a lot more now.

Copeland is where he should be and will be a great influence on the lockroom that sorely needs it. WWE don't need him.

Same with Cargill going over - will get some development working at the WWE PC.

Yeah good point. Probably tags with FTR soon id imagine.
Gives guys like Ali and Ziggler a shot too if they want to get some more work, can see guys like Wardlow, Starks and Hobbs moving over to WWE in the future too.

Gives guys like Ali and Ziggler a shot too if they want to get some more work, can see guys like Wardlow, Starks and Hobbs moving over to WWE in the future too.

Yeah exactly. Fans win too with fresh matchups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t. Christian is doing the best work of his career in AEW.

Post show scrum with him was effing amazing.

Didn't expect him to keep his theme song as well. Great signing.
F7Z-z-kbIAAQcoA

I don't typically care much for Meltzer's ratings as an assessment of matches or a vindication of your own thoughts. I do think in the "7 star in the Tokyo Dome era" they've become an amusing way to compare matches in Meltzer's own infinity star universe.

I've just watched Bryan and ZSJ again - despite not being in the Tokyo Dome, this is going 7 stars. It's exactly what he loves, as if they laid out the match for an audience of one.

If da Meltz gives the bonus marks that he should for how bloody excellent Moxley was on commentary, it might match Okada and Omega.

With Edge onboard that makes it 140 male wrestlers on the books

Its just ridiculous really. They need to get rid of about 70 of them for good at a minimum
The more depth the better, as long as a bunch of talent can take indy bookings as well.

With Edge onboard that makes it 140 male wrestlers on the books

Its just ridiculous really. They need to get rid of about 70 of them for good at a minimum

I don't see why its an issue? A heap of them are coaches and agents who rarely wrestle, or guys like Archer who float in and out. Plenty are injured as well. Kyle O, Mark Briscoe, Bandido have all been off TV for months, more than a year for KOR.

If they were trying give 40 guys TV time every single week it would be a problem, but I think the shows have been really balanced in terms of who it used and how often.

AEW present themselves in a totally different way to WWE, they aren't heavily into storytelling to the level WWE are. So I've come around to my issues around continuity.

They are big on presenting high level PPV matches, and think they should stick to that as it works. I don't think 12 events a year will be as bad as people think.

The fact they let people go down to the independents brings more eyeballs and hopefully lifts the standard at the grass level which can only be a good thing.

At the very worst people that aren't happy where they stand will end up going to WWE anyway.

We're probably heading towards a period of rosters in both companies being more evenly spread.

People should be happy where wrestling is at in both companies.

Just finished my watch, what a ******* incredible show. Far out, what a year for AEW. Back to back to back incredible PPVs.

As for theme song, pretty sure Edge is friends with Myles Kennedy so was always keeping the song. They also played another Alter Bridge song for the vignette beforehand.

Danielson/ZSJ and Swerve/Hangman easy 5 stars. The 6 man tag match the one that surprised me the most, was bloody excellent.

That was the perfect AEW show IMO, something for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back