AEW WrestleDream, Monday 2nd October 2023, 11am AEDT (Zero Hour pre-show 10am AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

wow had no idea Edge would join AEW said he will be full time as well not a part timer at his age that's nuts.

I thought he would have been singed to a wwe legends contract
He probably does sign one of those eventually, as does Jericho.

But I don't think he's finished working yet, and he's watched Christian have the best run of his career, while Edge's return hasn't been as strong.

Hopefully this goes well for him!

Jeez there’s some ugly melts isn’t there. Wtf? Just be happy for the guy. He seems rejuvenated.

Yeah it's crazy. Like the ugly side of politics, some people treat the companies like sports teams.

He's left on good terms, so there's no need to waste negative energy in any capacity.

He probably didn't want to ride out his career floating in and out of the main event and mid card with the same guys - this way he gets another solid run rather than retiring. He's clearly shown he still has some miles in the tank, so everyone wins.

To be fair, Twitter/X is just about the worst of the worst now, for quite obvious reasons.

99% of social media has always been a mix of toxic trolls or angry social outcasts. Society needs to get to a point to no even acknowledge these idiots. Doesn't apply just to wrestling but to everything. Glad that post seemed like a one and done. And also didn't mention anything of the sort at the media scrum which was overly positive.

99% of social media has always been a mix of toxic trolls or angry social outcasts. Society needs to get to a point to no even acknowledge these idiots. Doesn't apply just to wrestling but to everything. Glad that post seemed like a one and done. And also didn't mention anything of the sort at the media scrum which was overly positive.

True, though Elon is quite literally amplifying the toxicity rather than merely letting it fester...

He seemed genuinely excited at the scrum which was good to see. Edge was my favourite guy in WWE before I stopped watching so keen to see how he goes. Christian has set the bar mighty high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was the tiniest of tiny Venn diagram crossovers between being an old bastard, being familiar with the golden generation of SBS Australian wog comedy, and actually remembering the joke (as well as being an AEW fan I guess!), that was going to catch me out stealing that gag.

I'm beyond stunned that there's 2 of us here!
Just watched it the other day 😆😆 20231003_132757.jpg

Absolutely loved the show, it was great from top to bottom and it really had something for everyone, lots of different styles of matches. Julia Hart & Kris Statlander was great, I think Julia's entrance is one of the best things going at the moment, her character and in-ring work has come on a lot. Danielson-ZSJ was a masterpiece, just perfect. Loved Adam Copeland's debut, the pop was awesome and I just loved the look on Christian's face as he came out. Feels like AEW is back on track (I still miss CM Punk though!).

Absolutely loved the show, it was great from top to bottom and it really had something for everyone, lots of different styles of matches. Julia Hart & Kris Statlander was great, I think Julia's entrance is one of the best things going at the moment, her character and in-ring work has come on a lot. Danielson-ZSJ was a masterpiece, just perfect. Loved Adam Copeland's debut, the pop was awesome and I just loved the look on Christian's face as he came out. Feels like AEW is back on track (I still miss CM Punk though!).

They've been firing on all cylinders since All In. Pumped to tune in to Dynamite this week.

here's your Meltzer star ratings for fanboying:
Athena, Keith Lee, Kojima & Starkz vs. Diamanté, Martinez, Moriarty & Taylor: 2
Barnett vs. Castagnoli: 3.25
Luchasaurus vs. Wayne: 2
The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass vs. TMDK: 3
MJF vs. The Righteous: 2.75
Kingston vs. Shibata: 3.75
Hart vs. Statlander: 3
Cassidy & HOOK vs. Lucha Bros vs. The Gunns vs. Young Bucks: 3.75
Hangman vs. Strickland: 4.75
Starks vs. Yuta: 3.5
Danielson vs. Sabre: 5.5
Don Callis Family vs. Jericho & Golden Lovers: 4.75
Aussie Open vs. FTR: 4.5
Allin vs. Christian: 4.5

here's your Meltzer star ratings for fanboying:
MJF vs. The Righteous: 2.75
Kingston vs. Shibata: 3.75
Hart vs. Statlander: 3
Cassidy & HOOK vs. Lucha Bros vs. The Gunns vs. Young Bucks: 3.75
Hangman vs. Strickland: 4.75
Starks vs. Yuta: 3.5
Danielson vs. Sabre: 5.5
Don Callis Family vs. Jericho & Golden Lovers: 4.75
Aussie Open vs. FTR: 4.5
Allin vs. Christian: 4.5

Don't find anything too egregious there.

I know he's a Young Bucks nuffie, but rating that 4 way tag match .75 better than the very well received Hart vs Statlander is probably the most arguable one.

Eh, I thought it was about that much better also. I also think people love attributing all the world's troubles to the Bucks for no discernable reason.

Hart has come a long way but she still has a ways to go.

To be honest, the one that stood out to me was Yuta and Starks. I don't think that was close to the 4 way tag or Kingston/Shibata.

Last edited:
Eh, I thought it was about that much better also. I also think people love attributing all the world's troubles to the Bucks for no discernable reason.

To be honest, the one that stood out to me was Yuta and Starks. I don't think that was close to the 4 way tag or Kingston/Shibata.

Not blaming anything on the Bucks, I just know he can notoriously overrate any match they are in.

I'd agree with that for the most part. I don't think Starks vs Yuta should have been on this ppv card - although Moxley amazingly stating it was finally Yuta's 1st singles ppv match may have been the reason.

I don't have much of an issue with The Bucks overall - although (presuming FTR was going to beat AO), I genuinely thought they were the team most UNlikely to win - or need the win - here. It's those kinds of results that understandably rub people the wrong way.

Great show overall. Any criticisms are nitpicks. Feel bad for Aussie Open, not only for the injury, but if they'd hit 2 moves cleaner, that match would have been near 5 star worthy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back