AEW Revolution - Monday March 6th 2023, 12pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we see them go again, just don't want Danielson drifting too far from the main event picture.

Good problem to have I suppose when you have Hangman/Mox on the side as well, and Kenny hopefully doing his own thing now too.

I'm personally hoping Omega goes back into the main event picture, though I imagine his immediate future will be intertwined with Forbidden Door.

From the media scrum there was some Hangman discussion. I imagine Cole and Page will be the next two up.

I'm personally hoping Omega goes back into the main event picture, though I imagine his immediate future will be intertwined with Forbidden Door.

From the media scrum there was some Hangman discussion. I imagine Cole and Page will be the next two up.

Nice.

We still have Omega/Danielson rematch don't we? Arguably one of the best AEW matches. That match doesn't really need a title either.

Sooooo am I right in saying that my decision to not order this and just check the results was a poor one?

First PPV I haven’t ordered for a long while.

Recency bias perhaps, but I genuinely think it is my favourite AEW PPV, eclipsing All Out 2021.

Full Gear was a good but not great PPV. This one was just excellent from beginning to end.

This didn’t have a bad match and the only downside was the ending of the regulation time in the iron man match so yeah bad one to miss.

Would rather Danielson as champ to because I think it opens the doors to some barn burners with something on the line. There’s probably 5 or 6 guys you could match up with him and they could tell an awesome story and have great matches with MJF and his schtick I reckon it’s more limited.

Didn't predict the HOB winning the trios titles. Also wonder what happens with FTR, 1 last program and then they leave next month?

Surely them coming back means they've re-signed? Gunns already beaten them haven't they too. Can't see Tony bringing them back just for a month just to go straight over?

Smaller company with more depth. He’s doing fine…

Not sure that AEW actually has main event depth. It's main event scene seems remarkably thin, if this MJF guy is their world champ.

Danielson's an upper card jobber who never wins big matches. Which is fine, it appears to be all he wants to be.

It just makes you wonder what the whole point about that whole yes movement was, if this is fine for him.

I'd have to say I struggle to understand the massive difference in treatment between him and Punk.

Not sure that AEW actually has main event depth. It's main event scene seems remarkably thin, if this MJF guy is their world champ.

“This MJF guy” kinda sums up your familiarity with the product…

Omega, Moxley, Danielson, Punk, MJF, Hangman and Cole are all capable of being convincing World Champions. Main event depth isn’t an issue.

Danielson is booked as one of the best in the world who puts on 5 star matches and beats the s**t out of people. He’s doing fine…

“This MJF guy” kinda sums up your familiarity with the product…

Omega, Moxley, Punk, MJF, Hangman and Cole are all capable of being convincing World Champions. Main event depth isn’t an issue.

Aren't non-obsessed people supposed to be familiar with your main eventers? Isn't that kind of the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danielson is booked as one of the best in the world who puts on 5 star matches and beats the s**t out of people. He’s doing fine…

He just tapped out to a coward heel?

I don't know that it is doing fine- I was a fan, I'd probably tune into a show with him as the champion, just got little interest in constantly watching him lose every big match he's in.

Id say the majority of casuals wouldn’t even know what AEW is.

Maybe, but in the Australian context- it just went onto Kayo, and I was probably on the fence about watching- there is some capacity to grow the audience here with some appropriate hooks, but really I'm not much happier watching Danielson constantly lose in the main event than I was about it a decade ago.

Maybe, but in the Australian context- it just went onto Kayo, and I was probably on the fence about watching- there is some capacity to grow the audience here with some appropriate hooks, but really I'm not much happier watching Danielson constantly lose in the main event than I was about it a decade ago.
New fans would probably be like “why is this legend losing against an unknown.” Fans who have followed the latest MJF story arc would probably think it’s the right move. It’s a shame Revolution is a 30 day delay so the intrigued wrestling fans could get a sample of AEW with a PPV early on.

Any good highlights channels on youtube for this? One i started goes for an hour but seemingly skips every move. Very odd to bother posting that. Any recommendations?

I'll probably check out the Iron Man match but when you have people saying that it's the greatest one of it's kind when Hart vs HBK exists makes me think people are overcompensating. I've seen some people calling it one of the greatest PPVs in wrestling history.

I'm sure it was good, greatest Iron Man match of all time though? I doubt it.

Both teams did amazing. The Elite cop an inordinate amount of s**t for a group that consistently puts on absolute show stealers.

So happy for HoB. Brody King looked amazing.
The Elite get s**t because they can't cut promos and aren't good at the character side of wrestling, nobody has bad stuff to say about their in ring skills.

There’s certain gimmick matches I hate but a casket or buried alive match that finishes a story and done right is fine by me. Breaks up the all in ring wrestling and this one was well and truly done right.

Pretty sure he said he did all he could accomplish in WWE and now he’s happy to just wrestle a heap of guys and have fun before he finishes up. Not a B plus player at all.
Isn't that what it was? The mechanic role to elevate money players?

I love AEW, but jesus I find the PPVs hard to watch. I started watching the pre-show at about 11.30... it's taken me 9 hours to watch the show. It's just sooo damn much, it's all back to back, and I just cannot watch them in one sitting. It generally takes me 3-4 sittings.

That said, man I loved today's main event. Ironman matches can be a bit hit or miss, but this was perfect, the way it flowed, it constantly built, and then the extended (albeit predictable) ending. Probably won't be in match of the year conversations because I find the re-watchability of ironman matches to be extremely low, but I enjoyed it today for what it was.

Glad FTR are back, and I love the development of the women's storyline - but the fact you can watch a 4 hour PPV + pre-show, and you know what I'm talking about when I say "women's storyline" is such an indictment on the company. To have so many talented women, and to only have one women's story happening in your whole country, is a disgrace, and while AEW has been a great alternative in professional wrestling, more and more I don't think it's an alternative for female wrestlers. You couldn't possibly leave WWE for the alternative at the moment expecting you'll get an opportunity if you're female. Toni and Ruby got really lucky with their timing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back