Thug Wayne Carey goes into bat for his new girlfriend two-meter peter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Triggering Tiger

Premium Platinum
Dec 24, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Wayne Carey and Peter Wright.

Peter Wright.

Peter Wright looks on after Essendon's loss to Sydney. (Matt King/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Wayne Carey won't watch AFL during Peter Wright's suspension​

Debate had raged around Wright's possible penalty since the incident occurred, with Carey believing he shouldn't be suspended at all. On Monday, Carey stated the Bomber had eyes for the footy and only turned at the last second to brace for contact when he realised he wasn't getting to the ball first. The North champion said the crackdown on head knocks has "gone too far" and vowed that he won't watch a minute of footy for as long as Wright is suspended.

"Weak as piss straight away to the AFL. Whoever decided that was sent straight to the tribunal; that was absolute crap and wrong," Carey said. "I’m prepared to say if Peter Wright gets suspended, whatever weeks he gets, I will not watch a game of AFL footy. I’m done.
"I’m jumping ship, and I would say to anyone out there if we want this game to look anything like it should look, he’s allowed to attack that footy and he’s allowed to protect himself. They got to the footy simultaneously; he turned his body to protect himself.
"If he doesn’t turn his body, they’re both hurt. This is what our game is about. It’s just gone too far now. I will not watch footy for as long as he gets weeks. It's a waste of time, a waste of his money, and I could not be more disappointed." Cunningham will miss at least one week under the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols.

Link to the article

Remove this Banner Ad

Back