Rumour Ticky's 2023 Blue Tick Rumours - Win Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Hi everyone, we're kicking off the 2023 Blue Tick thread once more in time for the upcoming Trade Period.

If you see any rumours posted by verified media (the kind with blue ticks on their accounts) post them in here.

Win Prizes! Shiny badge on offer for the person who posts the most rumours in the thread. Duplicates don't count!

Blue tick rumours are:
  • Recognised: from news articles and official social media accounts of journalists/news outlets
    • Rumours via the neighbour's uncle who knows the coach of a VFL team is unverifiable, so no blue tick. Same goes for whatever the latest iteration of a 'whispers' social media troll account is
  • Verifiable: include a link to the source, and a screenshot of the bit where it says the rumour
    • Reporters and talking heads thinking it's a good idea for a player to go <here> for 'reasons' is speculation, not a rumour
    • Podcasts/twitter/newspapers etc are the sources we are expecting links to. If you're linking to a podcast then please provide time eg: 5:20min so I don't have to listen to the entire thing.

Last edited:
Really? Don’t you get tired of them talking about each topic where they start by referencing themselves and when they first reported the story on afl.com.au or gettable. If you remove that and the advertising for continental rheem and IMAR the hour show would be about 12 minutes.
It was only 6 minutes a few days ago. At least be consistent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Players on the trade radar:
  • Saints uncontracted player Dan McKenzie is of interest to Suns
  • Jack Ginnivan - Magpies will be asked the question in line with their approach to Shultz

I'm a bit bemused by Cleary's talk on Haynes moving. Didn't your list boss just say the other day that he was staying?
These were comments from GWS List Manager Adrian Caruso today:

Caruso said the club was unlikely to let go of pick six as negotiations ramp up. And he is adamant that Nick Haynes - who was named as sub four times before being left out of the Giants’ finals line-ups - will remain at the club. “Nick’s contracted for next year … we’ve heard nothing from him or his manager about him wanting to leave. Unless anything changes, he’ll be playing next year for the Giants,” he said."

I'll accept that there's a subtext: that if Nick wants to go, GWS will try to make it happen. But that's been a pretty consistent line from the club for over a month - we're happy to keep Nick & pay his salary; unless he wants out (not the club shopping him). So, Cleary's tweet says nothing different than what's been coming out of both Norths and Giants - there's nothing "new" there. I'll add, there was a separate report a couple of days again saying that Nick was content to stay at Giants, so it's really over to Norths (or another club) to convince him to join them. Most Giants fans want Nick to stay, though.

3, 2, 1...

nuclear explosion GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back