Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

i don’t think eagles chase him tbh

They went after and got Flynn and have Williams

Spending big on English and demoting one of those 2 not the best use of cap space imo
English is AA calibre. Williams and Flynn are both barely afl standard. English is a no brainer for free

Get rid of Gaff retire Sheed, put the money towards English, and let Flynn find a 3rd club while Williams plays more forward. No brainer if it costs nothing in draft picks. Especially given they'll struggle to hit the cap floor in a couple of years.

So they signed Flynn to be a number 3

Don’t think he came over thinking that would happen when he was number 2 at gws

Clubs can’t completely promise players anything mate. Just look at Lobb now for us.
Look at what happened with Sweet at Port, he would have been sold senior footy opportunities and then Port went and got Soldo at the last minute in the trade period. If Flynn is genuinely good enough to be a really good #1 then the eagles would be wise to save the cash.

I think the Dogs want to keep both English & Ugle-Hagan, If Macrae keeps not getting game he could be off the books.
Sam Darcy probably in for a big payday not sure what his contract status is like, but he needs be playing AFL every week.

English is 27 this year and if the eagles did get him next year at 28, it’s still likely another two years minimum of development and drafting before they compete if all things go perfect. I don’t really see the value of him especially if it costs them early picks. Better off bringing in young players for the future

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagles would be mad not to chase him if he is thinking of moving back home, talent is talent esp if you get him for "free"

Logic and Eagles fans dont always mix well.

Recall 4 years ago suggesting when Goldstien was a UFA he would be a good get to help Nic coming back from his knee and help develop the young rucks. Petrie still working with Simo so a couple of ex teammates.

It wasnt recieved well on the Eagles board.

English is 27 this year and if the eagles did get him next year at 28, it’s still likely another two years minimum of development and drafting before they compete if all things go perfect. I don’t really see the value of him especially if it costs them early picks. Better off bringing in young players for the future

Eagles would be crazy to trade for English. Even holding pick 1 in the PSD.

Its as a RFA or not at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles would be crazy to trade for English. Even holding pick 1 in the PSD.

Its as a RFA or not at all.

Yeah you’re right but if the bulldogs finish closer to the 8 then not no way they accept a mid to late first as compo. They will definitely force a trade. But I just really think he’s out of their age bracket no matter what

Yeah you’re right but if the bulldogs finish closer to the 8 then not no way they accept a mid to late first as compo. They will definitely force a trade. But I just really think he’s out of their age bracket no matter what

As a FA he'd be fine as long as it wasn't a stupid deal.

Eagles basically have $7m a year free to spend in 2 years. $4m next season. And no-one to pay it to as they have half the list under 21. Gaff will be gone this season. Darling next season. Barrass and his back is trending towards early retirement. McGovern and Yeo?

Logic and Eagles fans dont always mix well.

Recall 4 years ago suggesting when Goldstien was a UFA he would be a good get to help Nic coming back from his knee and help develop the young rucks. Petrie still working with Simo so a couple of ex teammates.

It wasnt recieved well on the Eagles board.
Yep, I'm sure it's the same on most boards. They all seem to talk each other in to believing the same thing, and if you deviate they attack haha.

I think English for nothing but salary makes sense, we'll have that much cap space

Yep, I'm sure it's the same on most boards. They all seem to talk each other in to believing the same thing, and if you deviate they attack haha.

I think English for nothing but salary makes sense, we'll have that much cap space
Twomey reported more likely to stay at the dogs

Last edited:
The Eagles will be competitive again pretty soon. Not every club is Carlton.
There is really no logic behind this except “they’ve always done well”. They have never been in this deep a rebuild, literally ever. They still have to turnover their older key players (McGovern/Yeo/Barrass) and get games into kids not even on their list yet.

English doesn’t really make sense anymore for them, even if he costs no draft picks IMO

Free to a new home

Golf
Money

Dislikes:
Centre bounces
Rhys Stanley
Rucks over 30
Contested ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back