Tim O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeps doing things each week that make you think he'll make it, then goes missing for large periods. Certainly worth persisting with, and one that you can never doubt with him is his defensive efforts, and 1%ers. Loved his goal on the weekend from the pocket to seal the game. Capped off a good move, pressure was on and he nailed it from the angle.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot when Schoey returns. Hoping so as he has upside.
Obrien is an impact player
Your classic FF

He is not going to pick up more than 10 touches in a game, but he will bob up and kick 2-3 at critical times

Schoenmakers is a classic CHF
Fantastic link up player, but not exactly the greatest in the trenches

kicked a clutch goal on saturday - also think he has fantastic hands picking up the footy, have noticed it before but v Dees in the wet, was super classy in a few instances....showing plenty for mine....not sure of this "Trade him" talk....

kicked a clutch goal on saturday - also think he has fantastic hands picking up the footy, have noticed it before but v Dees in the wet, was super classy in a few instances....showing plenty for mine....not sure of this "Trade him" talk....
Agree, I thought he showed a lot in conditions that wouldn't suit him. I really wouldn't pay much attention to the "Trade him" talk, most of the suggestions are ridiculous. Given how our stocks of talls, both forward & back, has taken a number of unexpected hits this year, why would anyone want to trade out one of our best prospects, who is developing nicely.

Obrien is an impact player
Your classic FF

He is not going to pick up more than 10 touches in a game, but he will bob up and kick 2-3 at critical times

Schoenmakers is a classic CHF
Fantastic link up player, but not exactly the greatest in the trenches

Problem with that, is their a position in Clarko's teams for that style of player?

I think this is why they are moving him into defence at times etc, just give him another string to his bow.

I think he just needs to continue to impose himself more, and keep himself in the game more. Obviously there might be times wher ehis part of the structure is out of the play, but would like to see him continuing to impact more often.

Lots to work with though, happy to keep persisting with him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back