Time for "that" thread again

Remove this Banner Ad

After another loss, we may as well go through some of the "positives" again.

And this is quite hard after going to Shell Stadium by myself and being allocated a seat next to a couple of people who can only be described as the "town bikes" of Geelong.

So apart from us losing and having the misfortune to sit next too some people discussing the sex life of each listed Geelong player, I had a great day. :mad:

Anyway, the positives I thought were :-

- We never gave up or threw in the towel. We just quite clearly have a very poor skill level and level of decision making. The latter is a general term but I think it is quite applicable to us. When we had the ball in defence and Geelong flooded the midfield, our players just had no idea what to do. A little bit of common sense would go a long way. Of course this should be rectified with a new coach, game plan, etc.

- The form of Justin Koschitzke and Nick Riewoldt. In actual fact it is quite a sad reflection on our football club that a couple of kids in their first year are amongst our best players. But these kids really look like the real deal. For big guys they move incredibly well and show some poise when they get the ball. For someone in his third game, Riewoldt's courage to back into packs struck me as indicative of their huge talent.

- In the forward line, Matty Capuano kept us in the match early with some nice marks and goals. Milne was dangerous and will hopefully develop into one of those crumbing forwards we so obviously need. Hamill didn't have a lot of the ball but surprise, surprise, laid 6 tackles. What we come to expect from him.

- In defence, Ben Graham made a comment along the lines of Fraser Gehrig being the best defender he has played on all year. Aussie turned the ball over a few times but looking at him quite closely yesterday, I've just realised the very small margin of error in his kicking. He kicks the ball so low and flat that a couple of inches can often make the difference between an excellent kick and a turnover. He attacked the ball and ran hard.

- In the midfield, Craig Callaghan was the only person to really impress me. I love his aggression and he also has good goal sense.

All in all, the game was a shocker. Many might look at the scores and say we got close to a top eight side but Geelong were terrible. And in saying that, it doesn't reflect well on us.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww sainter, I can imagine a worse day. Picture the same day, but with me sitting beside you asking 'which one's number 12 again?' 'who's that?' etc lol. :p TRUST me, you don't want that EVER!!!!!!!! (Although I must say, I would look very nice in a Saints jumper lol)

OK well I listened to the match on MMM and here is some of what I got from it:

*Barry Hall needs a few more anger management classes :p
*That Milne guy needs some kicking practice
*The Saints messed up BAD in that last quarter, had a few opportunities to win as far as I could gather.

I was quite disappointed that they didn't win. It was a funny feeling I must admit. :D They did show a little fight though, that's gotta be a good thing. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back